Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Looking back it's crazy how PBC backed the wrong fat dude all along. Kownacki was meant to be some future big selling Wilder opponent, made to turn down 7 million if it wasn't because he was on his cycle and then got his shyt pushed in by a fallen prospect. Meanwhile Ruiz was viewed as the disposable guy on the stable and he pulled off a huge upset.
Even with AJ figuring him out and Ruiz looking just trash in the rematch he is now considered to be a top 5 HW and promoters will seek out for him with good offers while Kownacki hit rock bottom getting his ass beat for 100-150k after turning down 7 million.
It's so obvious that Ruiz is the better fighter.

Kownacki vs Ruiz would be a good scrap in 2021 after a tune up/comeback fight for both
Let the winner get Wilder if Wilder steps aside on the Fury rematch and has his own tune up

Even tho the PBC heavyweights got exposed and kinda look trash now they can still put together some intriguing bouts with them I'd be hype to see

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
this cat talks a lot of shyt :heh:..esp for someone who we still dont know the fukking results of his b sample..his last fight was a snore too..but he is a notable heavy for the time being....top 5
He should go for the octagon. Nothing I've seen says Whyte lasts a round in there. He'd get those legs shot to bits

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Kownacki vs Ruiz would be a good scrap in 2021 after a tune up/comeback fight for both
Let the winner get Wilder if Wilder steps aside on the Fury rematch and has his own tune up

Even tho the PBC heavyweights got exposed and kinda look trash now they can still put together some intriguing bouts with them I'd be hype to see
I wouldn't necessarily say they are trash, Ruiz and Wilder still counts as good in this HW roster but yea they are not in a good position. They have to put all the chips on Ajagba and Frank Sanchez from now on, rn I see more things in Ajagba. Some glaring weaknesses in defense but also surprisingly fast hands and varied offense for sucha big guy.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Talks a lot of shyt for a guy who has done absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.
I can understand that he annoys a lot of ppl I can see why but if we keep it a buck his resume isn't far off of the likes of Wilder.
Wilder beat Ortiz, Stiverne, Szpilka, Arreola, Breazeale, Washington... lost to Fury
Whyte beat Parker, Rivas, Chisora, Helenius, Browne, Wach... lost to AJ

one just had the luxury of being the premier fighter of his own stable with all the luxuries that gets you while the other is a supporting act in his own roster to AJ.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
thats the thing..ruiz has always been better than kownacki.. boxing wise ruiz was never trash...ruiz is talented and skilled..kownacki not as much..but with kownacki comes the polish fanbase..thats why they were building him up like they did...ruiz has potential to be the marquee PBC heavy if certain things improve..kownacki will prolly end up like szpilka after getting ko'ed by wilder..like @malbaker86 said that fight with arreola might have done his chin in..helenius is washed but you still can't allow him to hit you like that..he is too heavyhanded for that
KOwnacki has a Polish fanbase, sure, but ain't the Mexican fanbase even more populous and valuable to promoters?

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
KOwnacki has a Polish fanbase, sure, but ain't the Mexican fanbase even more populous and valuable to promoters?
unless im drawing a blank ive never seen any fanaticism with them regarding a mexican heavyweight..mostly because it is a rarity..plus ruiz never really had any career momentum like kownacki did..esp after losing to parker..TR had ruiz for a good min and i cant remember any prominent TV position he had on a card outside of being on pac's undercards

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
I wouldn't necessarily say they are trash, Ruiz and Wilder still counts as good in this HW roster but yea they are not in a good position. .

yea trash ain't the right word but those three guys were on top of the world in the division like a year ago and now i feel most ppl have lowered expectations of them going forward though they all could change that perception in their next fights i guess.
kownacki and wilder are guys alot of ppl already viewed as flawed and they just took savage potentially career altering beatings and i have to see ruiz be consistent for multiple fights now before i have any faith in his dedication to the sport

I was going say Kownacki is young and has time but i just looked and he's actually 31 , not sure why i assumed dude was in his mid 20s :ohhh:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
yea trash ain't the right word but those three guys were on top of the world in the division like a year ago and now i feel most ppl have lowered expectations of them going forward though they all could change that perception in their next fights i guess.
kownacki and wilder are guys alot of ppl already viewed as flawed and they just took savage potentially career altering beatings and i have to see ruiz be consistent for multiple fights now before i have any faith in his dedication to the sport

I was going say Kownacki is young and has time but i just looked and he's actually 31 , not sure why i assumed dude was in his mid 20s :ohhh:
I guess the nickname "AK Babyface" is fitting then