Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
his boxing nickname was hercules...and he wasnt even heavy like that in his prime..like 205-215 ish..but then you fight in the 15 round era you gotta cut
A lot modern heavyweights would blow a gasket at not only the 15 rounds but at the pace they fought. So they can take liberties now and put extra weight on they can use to hug and wear down opponents.

The axe murderer

Daps
thats always been the standard and shouldn't change.
If beating back top contenders/unifying with other champs is what makes you HOF material, then to be ATG level you gotta be beating other HOF's. There always gotta be levels. A lot of boxers from this era will barely be HOF, let alone ATGs. Too many boxers put more faith into the business of boxing than they do their own skills and the match making shows.

Hopefully guys like Teofimo and Spence can help change that energy since they plan on jumping back in with top names without missing a beat.
#mandown will bring back that energy. Just watch.......

The axe murderer

Daps
Oh and obligatory fukk dougie
token-south-park.jpg

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Martin: Kownacki Was Pretty F--ked Up; Don’t Know If He Can Come Back From Loss
By Keith Idec

Published On Mon May 25, 2020, 09:37 AM EDT

Charles Martin likes and respects Adam Kownacki.

The former IBF heavyweight champion hopes Kownacki can come back and thrive after suffering a fourth-round, technical-knockout loss to Robert Helenius two months ago. After what Martin witnessed from a ringside seat March 7, he simply isn’t sure that’ll be possible for a previously undefeated fighter who has beaten him.

“I don’t know, man,” Martin told BoxingScene.com. “I don’t know. He was pretty f--ked up. He was pretty bad. He got knocked down the first time, and then he got up too quick. He was already hurt, and then he went down again with the boom! Boom! Boom! The 1-2-3. He knocked him down again. He got up, but then he was just beating him into submission. That wasn’t a good thing for him. He took a lot of punches.”

Brooklyn’s Kownacki (20-1, 15 KOs) was heavily favored to defeat Finland’s Helenius entering a fight FOX aired from Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Helenius (30-3, 19 KOs) knocked Kownacki to the canvas twice in the fourth round, when their scheduled 12-rounder was stopped because a defenseless Kownacki was taking unnecessary punishment.

kownacki-helenius-fight%20(188).jpg

Kownacki’s chin had been one of his best attributes during a run that included victories over Artur Szpilka, Iago Kiladze, Martin, Gerald Washington and Chris Arreola.

“He caught him with that counter punch,” Martin said, referring to Helenius. “It was two counter punches, back-to-back. His punches, he had that snap on them. You know what I mean? He was snapping them. That hurts. He was breaking his ass down. He had to back up in that first round. He had to back up a little bit, like, ‘Yo, this ain’t no average Joe.’ Because usually he tries to walk everybody down. But Helenius, he was throwing them punches. He was snapping ‘em.”

Martin (28-2-1, 25 KOs) and Kownacki went back and forth throughout an all-action 10-round battle Kownacki won by unanimous decision in September 2018 at Barclays Center. Kownacki won that fan-friendly fight by the same score, 96-94, on all three cards.

“I wasn’t surprised,” Martin said of Kownacki’s loss to Helenius. “It was just because I was off for a long time [before fighting Kownacki]. It’s just a different thing because the counter punch is everything. When you’re catching guys in between these shots, that’s what really hurts a man. You can pummel a guy and beat him up all you want, but if they’re bracing for it, you know, it’s fine if you can see it.

“[Helenius] did an awesome job. Helenius is a big dude, a big man that can punch. So, anything is possible. He went out there and showed that on that night. It was spectacular.”

Keith Idec is a senior writer/columnist for BoxingScene.com. He can be reached on Twitter @Idecboxing.

Looking back it's crazy how PBC backed the wrong fat dude all along. Kownacki was meant to be some future big selling Wilder opponent, made to turn down 7 million if it wasn't because he was on his cycle and then got his shyt pushed in by a fallen prospect. Meanwhile Ruiz was viewed as the disposable guy on the stable and he pulled off a huge upset.
Even with AJ figuring him out and Ruiz looking just trash in the rematch he is now considered to be a top 5 HW and promoters will seek out for him with good offers while Kownacki hit rock bottom getting his ass beat for 100-150k after turning down 7 million.
It's so obvious that Ruiz is the better fighter.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps

i have to be honest i never liked kovalev's 1-2-1. one of the characteristics of american boxing, if you can say there is such thing, and i think you probably can, is the 1-2-3. whats the difference? a 1-2-1 everything is coming up the middle. a 1-2-3 the punches come up the middle, they come around the side, up, down, you get a lot more options. you can hit a guy everywhere.

VtUHS6H.gif

i mean it lets you connect everywhere. thats the first combination you learn in an american boxing gym. get real good at throwing it, and you can take a guy apart like a wristwatch. gerald mcclellan got all his body shot knockouts with that clean up hook coming off a 1-2-3. the kovalev 1-2-1, to me, is gimmicky. roy jones says, might have been in one of the fights he had with andre ward, that he just wished kovalev would come back with the hook sometimes. i thought that was a pretty american thing for him to say.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Looking back it's crazy how PBC backed the wrong fat dude all along. Kownacki was meant to be some future big selling Wilder opponent, made to turn down 7 million if it wasn't because he was on his cycle and then got his shyt pushed in by a fallen prospect. Meanwhile Ruiz was viewed as the disposable guy on the stable and he pulled off a huge upset.
Even with AJ figuring him out and Ruiz looking just trash in the rematch he is now considered to be a top 5 HW and promoters will seek out for him with good offers while Kownacki hit rock bottom getting his ass beat for 100-150k after turning down 7 million.
What's the time difference between the 2 signings?

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

thats the thing..ruiz has always been better than kownacki.. boxing wise ruiz was never trash...ruiz is talented and skilled..kownacki not as much..but with kownacki comes the polish fanbase..thats why they were building him up like they did...ruiz has potential to be the marquee PBC heavy if certain things improve..kownacki will prolly end up like szpilka after getting ko'ed by wilder..like @malbaker86 said that fight with arreola might have done his chin in..helenius is washed but you still can't allow him to hit you like that..he is too heavyhanded for that

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Whyte: Ngannou Reminds Me of That Other Deluded Coward Wilder
By BoxingScene Staff

Published On Mon May 25, 2020, 01:54 PM EDT

Heavyweight contender DillianWhyte has fired off some verbal bombs in the direction of UFC superstar Francis Ngannou

In a recent interview, Whyte expressed his interest in crossing over the UFC - and said he was confident in his ability to take down some of their bigger heavyweight names, specifically Ngannou.

Whyte was a professional kickboxer and became a two-time British heavyweight champion by winning the BIKMA super heavyweight British title and the European K1 championship. He had a 20-1 record under K-1.

He also had a professional MMA bout, when he made his mixed martial arts debut for Ultimate Challenge MMA on December 6, 2008 - with a demolition of Mark Stroud in only 12 seconds into the first round.

dillian-whyte%20(5)_6.jpg

Ngannou has demolished his last four opponents, three of them in less than a minute and one in 71 seconds.

He would be willing to fight Whyte in a boxing match - but he is not convinced that the British boxer would meet him under MMA rules.

"I know Anthony Joshua but Dillian Whyte? I only heard about him when people sent me articles about him. I didn't know him before. Everyone says what they want. I don't think anything about that. If he wants to fight MMA we will find out [if I'm a coward]," Ngannou said to Sky Sports.

"Yes, I would have a boxing match. Whoever is possible and whenever is possible. The top heavyweights. I am always confident in my power. I have no doubts with my power."

Whyte is waiting for a finalized date and location for his showdown with Alexander Povetkin. The fight was scheduled to take place this month, with the event being postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic.

He has no problem with a boxing match against Ngannou.

"Ngannou is dumber than he sounds if he thinks he's going to do anything in boxing," Whyte told Sky Sports.

"If he turned up to fight me like the coward that he was against Derrick Lewis I'd hurt him and knock him clean out. That was officially the most boring fight in UFC history. The only thing more boring is his personality.

"If I called him a potato it would be a compliment. He reminds me of that other deluded coward Deontay Wilder. Ngannou has to be the most boring man on the planet. A speck of dust has more personality."

this cat talks a lot of shyt :heh:..esp for someone who we still dont know the fukking results of his b sample..his last fight was a snore too..but he is a notable heavy for the time being....top 5