Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Ruiz had one fight with pbc prior to Joshua and that fight was after he just took a loss while with top rank.
The comparison of promotion between him and Kownacki makes zero sense.
That doesn't seem to add up cause after the fight he had after his loss was Devin Vargas and that was in 2018 but I see what you were trying to say and fair enough, you're right, Ruiz only signed there in January, didn't remember it being so close.
Kownacki got screwed though or he screwed himself if he was on peds and that's why he refused it.
Idk if Haymon ever seen Kownacki as a reliable future top HW or just a popular guy. Until the Arreola fight his ceiling wasn't apparent yet tbf. After the Arreola fight though they must have made the conclusion that dude's not gonna be a world beater

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
thats the thing..ruiz has always been better than kownacki.. boxing wise ruiz was never trash...ruiz is talented and skilled..kownacki not as much..but with kownacki comes the polish fanbase..thats why they were building him up like they did...ruiz has potential to be the marquee PBC heavy if certain things improve..kownacki will prolly end up like szpilka after getting ko'ed by wilder..like @malbaker86 said that fight with arreola might have done his chin in..helenius is washed but you still can't allow him to hit you like that..he is too heavyhanded for that

You were the ONLY one that gave Ruiz a punchers chance against AJ the first go around for the very same reasons you always said.

You always ONLY pointed out his lack of wanting to get into better shape being his downfall

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
You were the ONLY one that gave Ruiz a punchers chance against AJ the first go around for the very same reasons you always said.

You always ONLY pointed out his lack of wanting to get into better shape being his downfall

yeah and thats why even though i picked joshua to beat him the first time around, i didnt trip about ruiz upsetting him...it was just irony that made it wild lol

thats why im confused on why ruiz would leave robles to go to canelo's trainer....its not his boxing thats an issue..but it will be interesting to see what comes of this

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
That doesn't seem to add up cause after the fight he had after his loss was Devin Vargas and that was in 2018 but I see what you were trying to say and fair enough, you're right, Ruiz only signed there in January, didn't remember it being so close.
Kownacki got screwed though or he screwed himself if he was on peds and that's why he refused it.
Idk if Haymon ever seen Kownacki as a reliable future top HW or just a popular guy. Until the Arreola fight his ceiling wasn't apparent yet tbf. After the Arreola fight though they must have made the conclusion that dude's not gonna be a world beater

i agree...i think the only heavyweight right now thats a true wildcard/exfactor is otto wallin...no idea what his actual ceiling is

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
So your stance on how pbc treated Kownacki vs Ruiz is ABSOLUTE NONSENSE and thinly veiled pbc slander, yea i know.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
So your stance on how pbc treated Kownacki vs Ruiz is ABSOLUTE NONSENSE and thinly veiled pbc slander, yea i know.
Give me a fukking break :hhh:
Most people on the internet never admit when they were wrong/incorrect that makes arguing on the internet fukking annoying. I just wrote down you were right and that I didn't remember it being so close, and instead of being happy with winning an argument you gonna come at me? What more do you need me to do to you? I give you a hand and you need my whole arm now :gucci:

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Give me a fukking break :hhh:
Most people on the internet never admit when they were wrong/incorrect that makes arguing on the internet fukking annoying. I just wrote down you were right and that I didn't remember it being so close, and instead of being happy with winning an argument you gonna come at me? What more do you need me to do to you? I give you a hand and you need my whole arm now :gucci:
That was my closing statement :mjgrin:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Inoue vs Donaire
Taylor vs Prograis
Smith vs Groves
Usyk vs Gassiev

all the top 3 were dope, Usyk vs Gassiev was too one-sided to be a good fight but it was the best performance among all
the only thing thats weird is that every final is still available on dazn except taylor-prograis and i have no idea why..shyt was one of the best fights of the year

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Any truth to wilder saying he was drugged in the fury fight?

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps

Bruno gave a good effort in that first fight, hit Tyson with some heavy shots, but ultimately Tyson was too much. Those uppercuts were just a thing of beauty.

They say in Mexico that beginners always learn the left hook to the body, like Chavez. I can imagine that many beginners my age love to try the Tyson combo. I always love trying to throw it.

DeterminedPrestigiousAmberpenshell-size_restricted.gif

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
the only thing thats weird is that every final is still available on dazn except taylor-prograis and i have no idea why..shyt was one of the best fights of the year
Maybe because Taylor signed to TR now? But I don't think they bought the rights to all his fights going back