The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 4 Thread.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah. I like how they didn’t go for the happy ending with his speech at the end. He did it for himself. Not his brother, or Kim, or any other reason that would have redeemed him. Whatever good Kim, or the viewer, sees in Jimmy, who he is should not be up for debate.

Thats the thing. The viewer sees things Kim never saw. We see Jimmys breaking points that push him to finally become Saul. Like we saw that Jimmy really was sincere in front of that bar panel...We saw his response when he learns Mrs Strauss died. That was real because he mentioned her figurines. He really did enjoy helping his clients. We saw him cry in the car after telling that girl to do what he will do to become Saul. Thats why he was crying in the car because that was the fork in the road and he finally knew the path he had to take and that was to become Saul....The bar rejection after really being sincere and the speech he gave the girl after her scholorship rejection were the 2 straws that broke the camels back. After wining the panel over at the reinstatement hearing it was as if his revelation to Kim was really him showing that girl his words were true, as if to say "I told you so."

young3000

Most wanted baby father
Daps
Reppin
where they cross-over and clap boards
Just watched the finale:

1. That was the worst advice ever that Jimmy tried to give that girl. He meant well, but the delivery was all wrong.
2. Lalo climbing and dropping down from the ceiling like a ninja :mjlol: Gus gonna kill him next season
3. After watching this episode, I don't see how Gus didn't kill Walt and/or Jesse after their fukkups... writers messed up that one :francis:
4. I think Kim is finally done with Jimmy or she will start to distance herself from him. She felt sorry for him but now she sees him for the man that he really is
5. Great season

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Just watched the finale:

1. That was the worst advice ever that Jimmy tried to give that girl. He meant well, but the delivery was all wrong.
2. Lalo climbing and dropping down from the ceiling like a ninja :mjlol: Gus gonna kill him next season
3. After watching this episode, I don't see how Gus didn't kill Walt and/or Jesse after their fukkups... writers messed up that one :francis:
4. I think Kim is finally done with Jimmy or she will start to distance herself from him. She felt sorry for him but now she sees him for the man that he really is
5. Great season
Walt was the cook, the entire lab and producing 200 pounds of 99.1 proof of meth is a get out trouble card. Jesse that’s another story.

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
Walt was the cook, the entire lab and producing 200 pounds of 99.1 proof of meth is a get out trouble card. Jesse that’s another story.

Because Jesse was the helper.

Jesse was not all a f*ck up. He basically learned how to cook Walt's formula so well that he impressed the Cartel, Gus, and had the streets loving it when Walt was on the run in the final season. Geek Gale couldn't even do that.

Gus didn't want Jesse at the start because Jesse was a junkie.

But again...Gus is pragmatic.

Walt was the cash cow, and if Walt said he needed Jesse...then he got Jesse and Gale had to go. :manny:

Gus will tolerate some errors. Others he will not and simply cannot (Victor exposing his face at Gale's crime scene). And Gus is good at assessing how expendable someone is to his organization.

He let Mike slide with the Werner bullsh*t. But Gus knows the potential value of what Mike brings to the organization.

Daps

This never made sense to me. It's not like one of Gus's competitors could make meth close to that pure. With Walt dead, Gus could continue making money hand over fists with Gale's meth that's not as pure as Walt's but still amongst the best, if not the best remaining product on the street.

Gus is a calculated man, he should've known to cut his losses on Walt. It clearly wasn't worth it.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
This never made sense to me. It's not like one of Gus's competitors could make meth close to that pure. With Walt dead, Gus could continue making money hand over fists with Gale's meth that's not as pure as Walt's but still amongst the best, if not the best remaining product on the street.

Gus is a calculated man, he should've known to cut his losses on Walt. It clearly wasn't worth it.
This is simple math. Gales meth sold for half. Gale told told Gus he couldn’t match the cook of Walt. Walt had his meth selling for double of what’s out on the street and nobody complained. Gus selling 200 pounds of Walt’s premium meth at double the cost would make him a king with zero competition. He wouldn’t have to compete with everyone in the area. Imagine selling the best product at double the price with zero competition. Gus looking to maximize his investment and using Walt would have done it easy.

Daps
This is simple math. Gales meth sold for half. Gale told told Gus he couldn’t match the cook of Walt. Walt had his meth selling for double of what’s out on the street and nobody complained. Gus selling 200 pounds of Walt’s premium meth at double the cost would make him a king with zero competition. He wouldn’t have to compete with everyone in the area. Imagine selling the best product at double the price with zero competition. Gus looking to maximize his investment and using Walt would have done it easy.

The simple math is...

The money Gus could make with Gale = $$$$$$$$

Vs

The money Gus could make getting killed fukking around with the liability that was Walter White = $0.

A man as smart as Gus should've been able to run that calculation. Walt wasn't worth the risks. And with no Walt-level competition out there, I'm not convinced Gus would need to lower his price with Gale's product. A fiend NEEDS their fix, with Gale's product being the best on the market they're going to pay for it.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I really feel like that finale was damn near perfection. Took everything we've seen from every season, took the build-up all season and just brought it to a crescendo where Jimmy to Saul makes perfect sense. Every season of this show ends and I wind up watching Breaking Bad over...the decision not to play the game by his brother's rules and to do things his way starting with the convo with that student and ending with his speech...that's some epic ish.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The simple math is...

The money Gus could make with Gale = $$$$$$$$

Vs

The money Gus could make getting killed fukking around with the liability that was Walter White = $0.

A man as smart as Gus should've been able to run that calculation. Walt wasn't worth the risks. And with no Walt-level competition out there, I'm not convinced Gus would need to lower his price with Gale's product. A fiend NEEDS their fix, with Gale's product being the best on the market they're going to pay for it.
Once you've gotten high on the best shyt possible, you won't want to go back to an inferior product. Why do you think people who relapse end up OD'ing? When they use again they think they can handle the same dose. Gus after getting to Jesse never though Walt would have the balls to take him out. Hence why Walt convinced Jesse that Gus was behind poisoning Brock. Then, Walt convincing Tio to let him plant the bomb on him.

Daps
Once you've gotten high on the best shyt possible, you won't want to go back to an inferior product.

If the choice is between going back to an inferior product or not getting high at all (since the only person that can make that product is dead), what are fiends going to choose?:comeon:

In reality, they're just going to buy more of that inferior product, continually chasing that previous high.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If the choice is between going back to an inferior product or not getting high at all (since the only person that can make that product is dead), what are fiends going to choose?:comeon:

In reality, they're just going to buy more of that inferior product, continually chasing that previous high.

I don't understand when you're talking about. Gus and Walt were cool until they weren't....and then Gale got murked. So he had no choice but to continue to use Walt.

Now, if you're saying Gus should've been content with Gale to begin with OK cool but he had no real reason not to try out Walt, at least for a while. And Walt was chilling for a while....it wasn't like he just came in and immediately started wilding out.

Fred.