The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 4 Thread.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I just realized that Lalo fits in a huge role. When the giant battle is going on between Gus and the cartel in BB, who is mastermining that? Hector can't put in work, Tuco ain't bright enough, the cousins are just muscle. Lalo was the guy behind the curtain the whole time.
Tuco and The Cousins are killed before the Gus and Cartel war goes on. and it was Don Eladio and Hector's nephew
not Lalo

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just realized that Lalo fits in a huge role. When the giant battle is going on between Gus and the cartel in BB, who is mastermining that? Hector can't put in work, Tuco ain't bright enough, the cousins are just muscle. Lalo was the guy behind the curtain the whole time.

I said it a few episodes ago - I think that Saul is going to be part of the scam that gets Nacho out of the game. He's somehow going to help him escape, but it's going to happen in a way that really screws over the cartel, so when someone comes for Saul he's all flipping out assuming that it has to be Lalo and throwing Nacho under the bus.

I think it's over. She can't recover from that. All this time she been exaggerating Jimmy's good side while she flirts with his bad side...she can't do it anymore. His good side is gone, what she's seen cannot be unseen. I know BB/BCS always confusing us and pulling the unexpected, but I think it would break character too much to bring her back from the brink again. She done.

Me too. :mjcry:

Nice catch. :russ:

I was disappointed in Mike. That was one of the coldest killings in the entire BB/BCS universe so far....the only ones I can remember that were worse was killing the kid after the train heist and when Todd kills Jesse's girl. Mike's an old dude, I don't see how he rationalizes that even to himself... :francis:

Remember, Mike no longer believes in HALF-MEASURES. He had to go through with it.

ColiBomaye

All Star
Daps
I was disappointed in Mike. That was one of the coldest killings in the entire BB/BCS universe so far....the only ones I can remember that were worse was killing the kid after the train heist and when Todd kills Jesse's girl. Mike's an old dude, I don't see how he rationalizes that even to himself... :francis:

To be fair, Mike basically pleaded with Gus to go another way with Werner. Even when Gus put his foot down, Mike volunteered to do it himself and made sure the wife was safe. Better to go out looking at the stars and having your friend put you down humanely rather than some random thug popping you AND your wife.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Better Mike handle Werner than Gus. :manny:
anigif_enhanced-17377-1394394310-3.gif

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
Amazing season and performance by the kim actress :wow:

And I think there's still a few seasons worth of material left tbh.

wasn't gayle already running the operation before walt? as gus was already moving that meth.

plus the salamanca operation went under a lot of changes that need to be covered.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
Great finale to a great season.

Episode 8 when Jimmy made up the fake church :pachaha:

I'm glad the writers of the show are entertaining the idea of Gene getting an entire episode, prior to watching BCS I was most excited about the post BB episodes, as I watched I just assumed those random black & white scenes were all we was gonna get, but perhaps not! :leon:

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I was a few episodes behind and I just finished the finale :wow:

This show knows how to move me from one emotion to the next for real. To go from Kim and Jimmy schemin to Kim and Jimmy arguing had me watching like :sadcam:

Then Kim thinking Jimmy finally turned a corner only for her her realize that it was all just another con was perfectly unexpected. Breh sold me on that shyt about Chuck's letter too.

I love the slow burn aspect of the show so I wouldn't mind if they take their time telling the rest of Jimmy's story. The crew knows when to bow out and they won't let things drag on, but I don't want it smashed together in a 10 episode season. This season was way too fast for me.

I just started law school and this show has been a welcome distraction this fall. Back to the books I guess :francis:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

I said it a few episodes ago - I think that Saul is going to be part of the scam that gets Nacho out of the game. He's somehow going to help him escape, but it's going to happen in a way that really screws over the cartel, so when someone comes for Saul he's all flipping out assuming that it has to be Lalo and throwing Nacho under the bus.

I think it's over. She can't recover from that. All this time she been exaggerating Jimmy's good side while she flirts with his bad side...she can't do it anymore. His good side is gone, what she's seen cannot be unseen. I know BB/BCS always confusing us and pulling the unexpected, but I think it would break character too much to bring her back from the brink again. She done.

Me too. :mjcry:

Nice catch. :russ:

In addition to the fact that Gus would have slit his throat, there's also this:
If he let him go/sent him to the vacuum cleaner guy, then there's a chance that Lalo would have caught up with him or his wife. By now Lalo has probably figured out that they're constructing some kind of underground lab, and once that is online the Salamancas become MUCH less important because there's less need to smuggle anything over the Mexican border anymore. Gus would then be able to run his entire operation with almost no input from the Salamancas at all. So, Lalo would want to torture anyone with information on the lab until they gave up the location. Mike thinks he's saving Werner AND his wife from a much worse death.