The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 4 Thread.

Daps
Werner's foolishness basically represents Mike's feelings about his criminal activities up till now. Mike, too, has been telling himself that he can do a little bit of work for a drug kingpin, then go back to his family, then check in with the kingpin again, as if it's all no big deal.

Also, Werner was part of the game cause I don't think that Werner is exactly an innocent. He knew that the people he was working for were criminals. He should have known that criminals who are that secretive are not likely to be forgiving. Mike was killing someone who was in the business whether or not Werner really realized it. A serial killing killing another serial killer isn't quite the same as killing an innocent. Werner was building the infrastructure for a meth lab which will lead to the deaths of many people. He was aiding and abetting a serial killer.

Werner wasn't exactly a criminal but he wasn't exactly a innocent either.
Agreed. Didn't mean to paint Werner like a schoolgirl, just meant he wasn't an easy kill for Mike, like Jimmy (also not innocent) wasn't for Nucky. Seemed like a pivotal moment in Mike's transition....he's fully a henchman for Gus now.

Save $ not Hoes

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If I was gus I would have had that German finish up though.

Congrats on a job well done, could you step over here please let me show you the storage room:mjlit:
latest

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
I'm so lucky I have this letter :mjcry:

:deadmanny:

When he said that, I knew he was on his hustle. He never gave a damn about that letter, just like he really doesn't give a damn about Chuck. You could see the disgust in his face when he was looking at that portrait of Chuck hanging at HHM. Jimmy is about Jimmy. He's a narcissistic piece of sh*t and Kim looked like she finally sees it.

Damn good episode. I feel for Mike. He's in deep now. We know how it ends for him, but up until he pulled the trigger on Ziegler, I feel like he was still straddling the fence of morality. Killing the German marked the point of no return for him.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I honestly don't see how this can be wrapped up in one 10 episode season. Unless they go the "BB" route and break the final season into two slightly smaller seasons.

1. They need to have Gus become interested in Saul, which means Jimmy has to be 100% operational as Saul in the next season.

2. They need to have Mike and Saul reconnect for some reason, because Gus tells Mike to keep an eye on him.

3. They need to set up a situation where Saul knows Lalo, and have Saul reconnect with Nacho. Who he ain't even spoke to in 2+ seasons.

4. Kim has to be gone, whatever that means. I just don't see her existing during "BB".

5. They need to explain what's going on with Gene, which honestly should be 2-3 episodes on it's own.

There's a gang of other random stuff they need to address, but I'm sure you get my point. I just don't see how it's possible in 10 episodes.

Fred.

Gus did mention to Mike that they would be needing lawyers to speak to Werner's wife after they killed him. Mike could easily recommend Jimmy.... :jbhmm:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Gus did mention to Mike that they would be needing lawyers to speak to Werner's wife after they killed him. Mike could easily recommend Jimmy.... :jbhmm:

It's possible but if Werner's death is being framed as accidental that means they're going to give him an "official" reason for being in the U.S. to begin with....and in that case they'd probably use Madrigal lawyers.

Fred.

Daps
I thought he basically said fukk it during that time. What did the letter say ?
Starts reading the letter ~2 minutes in...

Edit: actually re-watching this scene really ties together well with the final scene we're Kim is shocked that Jimmy was faking it in front of the bar. Kim is tearing up over that letter, Jimmy is all meh about it eating his corn flakes.

Last edited:
Daps

It's possible but if Werner's death is being framed as accidental that means they're going to give him an "official" reason for being in the U.S. to begin with....and in that case they'd probably use Madrigal lawyers.

Fred.

And I thought Mike said they'd be German

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Sad ending... Jimmy is just clueless about how much control over Kim's heart he really has.... She really thought he was being genuine about his brother... No wonder she doesn't fukk with him in the BB universe.... Such a jerk.... :heh:
i fewel like they dont break up and she dies or sumn

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
jimmy doesnt know gus during his first BB appearances. he knows mike who knows gus...but knows nothing about gus not even his name

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
jimmy doesnt know gus during his first BB appearances. he knows mike who knows gus...but knows nothing about gus not even his name

Yeah but Jimmy wouldn't have to know Gus for Mike to recommend Jimmy to him. Gus obviously knows who Saul is during "BB" because he has Mike watching him under the guise of working for him.

All this is a moot point really since they're probably going to use Madrigal lawyers.

Fred.