The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 4 Thread.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Honestly, this series is pretty much over. There’s not enough time between the official birth of Saul that happened tonight, the birth of the meth lab, and the introduction of Walt and Jesse, to stretch this beyond another 1-2 seasons, max.

They’re damn-near at breaking bad territory right now. The only way they can stretch it would be to delve into Saul’s life after meeting Walt, but before the call to Gus.
They could run the plot simultaneously with the breaking bad era. He has other clients

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
That was a great season finale

Does anyone else feel like the Werner stuff is why Mike didn't kill Walt? That after all these years he felt remorse, which ultimately got him killed, and his relationship with Walter reminded him of the German.

Last edited:

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
That was a great season finale

Does anyone else feel like the Werner stuff is why Mike didn't kill Walt? That after all these years he felt remorse, which ultimately got him killed, and his relationship with Walter reminded him of the German.
Mike didn’t kill Walt because Walt is the cook. He is moneymaker.

Daps
i933c4giu2r11.png

:wow:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
When your girl realize you ain't shyt :francis:

I don't think it's that she realized he ain't shyt....that's part of the allure for her....I think she looked horrified because this is the first time a scam actually fooled her, too.

So if he's capable of that, even accidentally....what else is he capable of?

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That's not gonna happen. The final season is somehow going to tie up the events of what happened in the aftermath of Breaking Bad with the events previous to Break Bad. Kim would be DEFINITELY out of the picture. And keep in mind, he said he was married previous times before which means that pre-Breaking Bad would be several years apart before he ever heard of Jesse, to which he never PERSONALLY met until season 2 of that show.

I have no clear idea as to what would happen in the future, but season 5 definitely be about putting the remaining pieces together. So, we know at some point Mike would return to Saul to become his P.I. I think that German team will become's Mike's team while working with Gus. Tuco have to be released from prison and take over taking care of Hector which means Gus will somehow kill off Lalo. Nacho will somehow eventually reach out to Saul. Gus would eventually break free and become an independent meth dealer.

Couple things....

1. The writers already said this show could take place before, during, and after "Breaking Bad". So that's not off the table.

And one of the first promos for this season was actually Saul looking at a year book and finding Walt's school, which set up him going to see him in season 2 of "BB". So they're obviously flirting with the idea of it taking place during "BB".

2. The writers have also addressed Saul saying he was married as "maybe it happened, maybe it didn't". Keep in mind Saul has no problem lying and in that scene he was trying to sympathize with Walt.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
In all honesty, the show should probably go one more season at most. Wrap it up with the origins of Saul in Breaking Bad and conclude the post-Breaking Bad story of Jimmy/Saul.

I honestly don't see how this can be wrapped up in one 10 episode season. Unless they go the "BB" route and break the final season into two slightly smaller seasons.

1. They need to have Gus become interested in Saul, which means Jimmy has to be 100% operational as Saul in the next season.

2. They need to have Mike and Saul reconnect for some reason, because Gus tells Mike to keep an eye on him.

3. They need to set up a situation where Saul knows Lalo, and have Saul reconnect with Nacho. Who he ain't even spoke to in 2+ seasons.

4. Kim has to be gone, whatever that means. I just don't see her existing during "BB".

5. They need to explain what's going on with Gene, which honestly should be 2-3 episodes on it's own.

There's a gang of other random stuff they need to address, but I'm sure you get my point. I just don't see how it's possible in 10 episodes.

Fred.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I honestly don't see how this can be wrapped up in one 10 episode season. Unless they go the "BB" route and break the final season into two slightly smaller seasons.

1. They need to have Gus become interested in Saul, which means Jimmy has to be 100% operational as Saul in the next season.

2. They need to have Mike and Saul reconnect for some reason, because Gus tells Mike to keep an eye on him.

3. They need to set up a situation where Saul knows Lalo, and have Saul reconnect with Nacho. Who he ain't even spoke to in 2+ seasons.

4. Kim has to be gone, whatever that means. I just don't see her existing during "BB".

5. They need to explain what's going on with Gene, which honestly should be 2-3 episodes on it's own.

There's a gang of other random stuff they need to address, but I'm sure you get my point. I just don't see how it's possible in 10 episodes.

Fred.

When it's laid out like that, I can agree. I just don't want this show to be driven into the ground like every other show on AMC.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
When it's laid out like that, I can agree. I just don't want this show to be driven into the ground like every other show on AMC.

I can almost 100% guarantee that won't happen. Sony was practically begging them to continue "BB" and the writers told them "nah, we're out".

This is damn near the only writing team in the business you ain't gotta worry about that.

Fred.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
6353....Juan Tabo Drive

JGXLNiD.gif
That was Mike downfall, he thought Walt was mild Mannered like Werner. He didn’t understand Walt was levels above him in thinking. Walt was a king dealing with pawn in Mike just like Gus dealt with Mike.