The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 4 Thread.

Daps
I don't think he came to that conclusion. Not saying it's impossible but in hindsight there have been several red flags that the constant isolation is taking a toll on dude.

1. He doesn't really interact with the other Germans outside of when he has to, for work. Half the time he's off by himself somewhere.

2. The first time he has a night off he blabs about the super lab (in abstract terms, but still) to complete strangers. He's obviously just looking for someone to talk to.

3. He's been talking to Mike so much half the thread thought he was gay. I never thought that, just assumed he was overly friendly. But again, in hindsight he's obviously looking to talk to anyone.

4. The wife thing. Right before he bounced he spent hours talking to her.

#4 alone makes me think he just said "fukk it" and stupidly ran off to see his wife. That, coupled with everything else....it never seemed like he feared for his life. Just that he was lonely.

The only real middle ground is, maybe he collapsed in the basement because he has some kind of medical condition he's hiding, and he left to see his wife because he didn't think he'd survive long enough to finish the job. But that's kind of a stretch.

Fred.

I agree that he's lonely and misses his wife. But that doesn't preclude him from believing it was likely they'd never let him see his wife again after competing the job. He's a pragmatic guy, stands to reason he saw it as a distinct possibility and decided to go home or die trying.

Regardless of he believed, we all believed Gus was gonna kill them, so dumb woulda been staying if you could devise a way out.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
the scene of Jimmy and Kim on the rooftop might be the scene of the season.. so well acted and Vince knows exactly who Kim is and Jimmy is and the actors know exactly who they are and how to play it.. it's perfect. :wow: :wow:

this is the best 'prequel' anything I've ever seen. It's fleshed out the BB universe in only positive ways..

I'm gonna go through BB again after this finale.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree that he's lonely and misses his wife. But that doesn't preclude him from believing it was likely they'd never let him see his wife again after competing the job. He's a pragmatic guy, stands to reason he saw it as a distinct possibility and decided to go home or die trying.

Regardless of he believed, we all believed Gus was gonna kill them, so dumb woulda been staying if you could devise a way out.
If Gus was was planning to kill them he wouldnt of taken care of them like he has. Something will go very wrong, I doubt any of them survives now. Obviously the guy has some physical problems, I guess we’ll find out soon

ColiBomaye

All Star
Daps
Almost forgot to write my weekly post

Ya'll thought Kai was gonna be the problem dog and said it was too on the nose. My homie Vince G had something else for ya'll though :umad:

Werner is a shoe-in for simp of the year. Imagine giving up your life and obscene riches all because you couldn't be away from your girl for just a few months.

Dude's wife was probably eating some other guy's Brautwurst while he was gone too.. :sas2:

Had my doubts on Lalo when he was first introduced but he quickly grew on me. The actor is very charismatic in the role. Dare I say, he might be outshining Nacho right now in terms of performance.

Gus' instant shift from :mjgrin: to :beli: every time a meeting ends makes me bust out laughing lol.

Loved the parking garage scene. Such a beautiful payoff for seasons' worth of character development, where Kim finally tells Jimmy he ain't shyt but she never turned his back on him. Even Jimmy had a valid point when he said Kim would use him for a quick thrill, then go right back on her moral pedestal.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
the scene of Jimmy and Kim on the rooftop might be the scene of the season.. so well acted and Vince knows exactly who Kim is and Jimmy is and the actors know exactly who they are and how to play it.. it's perfect. :wow: :wow:

this is the best 'prequel' anything I've ever seen. It's fleshed out the BB universe in only positive ways..

I'm gonna go through BB again after this finale.

This show really illustrates how destructive Walter White was to this universe.

Fred.

Daps
If Gus was was planning to kill them he wouldnt of taken care of them like he has. Something will go very wrong, I doubt any of them survives now. Obviously the guy has some physical problems, I guess we’ll find out soon

I'm not saying Gus was planning to kill them from the beginning (if that was the case, he'd have hired the first guy....a dead man with a big mouth tells no tales). Everything changed after that R&R, tho. Showed how loose the German's lips were.

And Gus taking care of them has nothing to do with whether he planned to kill them. That was all about keeping them sane, being held in captivity for months on end. Furthermore, that was Mike's doing, not Gus. Gus had just provided housing and food. Mike added the other stuff. Gus was pretty much treating them like emotionless servants.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Whatever is going on inside the head of Werner or with his body physically, it won't be good when Gus finds out :francis:. Not sure if he is sick (cancer) or came to the conclusion Gus is :demonic:when the job is done, but Mike gotta handle another mess :beli:.

He seemed to be having a panic attack when he had to re-attach the fuses to the dynamite after finding the source of the broken circuit. I think that that was the moment he decided he had had enough.

iseetrolledpeople

A silent witness to all this trolling going on.
Daps

Fred.
Watched BB a second time and man It's hard to see Walther. It's almost cringey.
Egomaniac piss in the wind jackass.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fred.

Watched BB a second time and man It's hard to see Walther. It's almost cringey.
Egomaniac piss in the wind jackass.
If Gale wasn't such a nerd that he would hype up Walt's sample as being better than his, Gus picks him and they spend the rest of their life making a shyt ton of money. Walt is such a fukkup.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
jimmy was out of his fukking mind shytting on Kim- talk dumb shyt to the chick who always rode for you and on you brehs :usure: u wife this type of chick not have fights with her. wtf.

ironic that they call jimmy insincere while hes actually sincere in his statement.