The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 4 Thread.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The only major problem I have with this show right now is it's not really expanding on what we already know about Gus. We see Jimmy, Mike, hell even Nacho in personal situations with their family, etc. and Gus is still Gus from "Breaking Bad". This would be a great time to introduce his wife and family they cut out of "Breaking Bad".

Fred.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
The only major problem I have with this show right now is it's not really expanding on what we already know about Gus. We see Jimmy, Mike, hell even Nacho in personal situations with their family, etc. and Gus is still Gus from "Breaking Bad". This would be a great time to introduce his wife and family they cut out of "Breaking Bad".

Fred.
I think Gus does not have a family, I think he plays the part to get what he wants. That dinner he made for Walt was telling, he presents himself like Walt , doing everything for his family to gain Walt’s support to get rid of Jesse.

Notice Gus changed completely when Walt spoke about the source of his memory? Gus saw that Walt was like him and he didn’t buy into the story. Gus knew that Walt was going to problem and he had to Acknowledge his intelligence going forward.
Look at the next exchange.

This was only time during the dinner Walt knew he was be genuinely honest.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think Gus does not have a family, I think he plays the part to get what he wants. That dinner he made for Walt was telling, he presents himself like Walt , doing everything for his family to gain Walt’s support to get rid of Jesse.

Notice Gus changed completely when Walt spoke about the source of his memory? Gus saw that Walt was like him and he didn’t buy into the story. Gus knew that Walt was going to problem and he had to Acknowledge his intelligence going forward.
Look at the next exchange.

This was only time during the dinner Walt knew he was be genuinely honest.

Nah there was a couple scenes in season 3 where they had Giancarlo Esposito bring in pics of his daughters and they were gonna put the pics in his house and have Gus mention to Walt it's his kids. But for some reason they cut it all out.

Fred.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fred.
I would think they wouldn’t do that because it personalizas Gus too much and makes him too antiheroish to start showing his family. Gus is supposed to be a true villain (although not a brutal and heartless one like hector or the neonazis)

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
Nah, I ain't agreeing with that at all. Jimmy was like Dexter, he had a lot of bad tendencies but he just needed someone to guide him in the right direction to parlay those skills for the sake of good. He was doing good by those elderly candidates, breaking Sandpiper was a brilliant move. There are multiple times where he does the right thing, most impressively when he does all that work to get the elders to be friends again even though it costs him his whole gig. If Chuck had guided Jimmy as a lawyer rather than rejected him, then sure, Jimmy would bend the rules here and there, but he still could have been a good lawyer in his own way and it would have worked out far, far better than how it did. You don't have to co-sign a person 100% to at least support their endeavors and help it work out for the best. Chuck became a straight enemy instead.

Jimmy could have broken good. Chuck nearly saved him from a life of crime by helping him beat that charge and getting him that job, but Chuck's jealousy couldn't handle any continued success by Jimmy and that is what kept him down. If Chuck had hired Jimmy onto HHM when he first became a lawyer, or brought him on to HHM when he brought on the sandpiper case, or generally just let him know that he loved him and wanted the best for him, Jimmy never would have broke all the way back. Hell, even just not getting Jimmy's law degree taken away might have been enough to keep Jimmy doing slightly shady moves in elder law and similar stuff rather than becoming a full-on crook and losing Kim.

Hi, Kim. :troll:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Loving the Jimmy/Gus/Hector shyts, but to be honest I find the building of the superlab boring as fukk :yeshrug:
I second that. I'm never, ever excited when they turn to the superlab scenes. Not from the original recruitment nor to the introduction of the living spaces nor the building scenes.

Payroll

Insomnia Addict
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
GMB
Backreading this thread has been great, I forgot it existed.

I don't think she's lying, she mistook the newspapers hitting the street for gunshots.

It's a low-key reference to this:

No charges for LAPD officers who shot newspaper delivery women during Dorner manhunt

Nah, I ain't agreeing with that at all. Jimmy was like Dexter, he had a lot of bad tendencies but he just needed someone to guide him in the right direction to parlay those skills for the sake of good. He was doing good by those elderly candidates, breaking Sandpiper was a brilliant move. There are multiple times where he does the right thing, most impressively when he does all that work to get the elders to be friends again even though it costs him his whole gig. If Chuck had guided Jimmy as a lawyer rather than rejected him, then sure, Jimmy would bend the rules here and there, but he still could have been a good lawyer in his own way and it would have worked out far, far better than how it did. You don't have to co-sign a person 100% to at least support their endeavors and help it work out for the best. Chuck became a straight enemy instead.

Jimmy could have broken good. Chuck nearly saved him from a life of crime by helping him beat that charge and getting him that job, but Chuck's jealousy couldn't handle any continued success by Jimmy and that is what kept him down. If Chuck had hired Jimmy onto HHM when he first became a lawyer, or brought him on to HHM when he brought on the sandpiper case, or generally just let him know that he loved him and wanted the best for him, Jimmy never would have broke all the way back. Hell, even just not getting Jimmy's law degree taken away might have been enough to keep Jimmy doing slightly shady moves in elder law and similar stuff rather than becoming a full-on crook and losing Kim.

Chucks whole identity and obsession with Justice somewhat hinged on the fact that he was the anti-Jimmy in a sense....Jimmy being the prodigal son, no matter how badly he fukks up, he always had his place in that family, his parents never threw Jimmy away or wrote him off like he did, its part of the reason he resents Jimmy, no matter how crooked or conniving he is, he always comes off as more likeable than Chuck....He did everything to subjugate Jimmy, even after Jimmy landed Sandpiper and he wanted to pawn it off to Howard to show that he wasn't loosing his mind.....He had the nerve to shyt on Jimmy, A true piece of shyt, fukk chuck....

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
They had a time jump and yet, no Nacho:jbhmm:

He should have recovered from his gunshots by the time the most recent episode aired.
Can't cover every storyline in every episode.

Though they better have something epic planned with this damn superlab otherwise it's just costing us Nacho screentime. BB/BCS universe has never let me down before, but I don't see how they're going to redeem these boring-ass Germans.