The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 4 Thread.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Backreading this thread has been great, I forgot it existed.

I don't think she's lying, she mistook the newspapers hitting the street for gunshots.

It's a low-key reference to this:

No charges for LAPD officers who shot newspaper delivery women during Dorner manhunt

Nah, I ain't agreeing with that at all. Jimmy was like Dexter, he had a lot of bad tendencies but he just needed someone to guide him in the right direction to parlay those skills for the sake of good. He was doing good by those elderly candidates, breaking Sandpiper was a brilliant move. There are multiple times where he does the right thing, most impressively when he does all that work to get the elders to be friends again even though it costs him his whole gig. If Chuck had guided Jimmy as a lawyer rather than rejected him, then sure, Jimmy would bend the rules here and there, but he still could have been a good lawyer in his own way and it would have worked out far, far better than how it did. You don't have to co-sign a person 100% to at least support their endeavors and help it work out for the best. Chuck became a straight enemy instead.

Jimmy could have broken good. Chuck nearly saved him from a life of crime by helping him beat that charge and getting him that job, but Chuck's jealousy couldn't handle any continued success by Jimmy and that is what kept him down. If Chuck had hired Jimmy onto HHM when he first became a lawyer, or brought him on to HHM when he brought on the sandpiper case, or generally just let him know that he loved him and wanted the best for him, Jimmy never would have broke all the way back. Hell, even just not getting Jimmy's law degree taken away might have been enough to keep Jimmy doing slightly shady moves in elder law and similar stuff rather than becoming a full-on crook and losing Kim.
Shady stuff is what keeps jimmys dik hard. Saul was always happening, even chuck said “he just can’t help it.” When he was doing elder law he was really good at listening to these old folks but he was always tempted by pulling a fast one over these vulnerable people. The only thing that kept jimmy was inline was Kim but she’s also turned a blind eye to his actions

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Exactly. the helping the old ladies at the cost of his own pockets drove the whole on the fence thing home to me. had things with Chuck gone the opposite direction i think he woulda never became Saul n improved as a person n prolly settle down with Kimmy Cakes.
He took a big L to do that, not only killed his retiree business and all his relationships with the elderly people, but he also had to humiliate himself in front of a lawyer he hated. It took a LOT to do that. And I almost forgot that it cost him the quick million too! He didn't do that for Kim, he did it because he cared about that old lady and really did want to do the right thing.

That wasn't the only thing. Jimmy did a ton of work to take care of Chuck and often seemed generally concerned for him before he realized just how deeply Chuck had betrayed him. You could claim that it was a play for Chuck's inheritance, but I don't think it was written that way at all, Jimmy appears genuinely concerned for his brother's well-being. He keeps Chuck out of the mental ward when committing Chuck would have been the best way to get Chuck's money, rushes to help Chuck when he collapses at the copy center even though it exposes Jimmy's whole scam, and confesses to the address fraud in order to help Chuck feel better (which Chuck KNEW that Jimmy would do, proving that Chuck knows keep down that Jimmy loves him and cares about his welfare).

Jimmy warns the Kettlemens when he was afraid that Nacho might do something to them. He puts his ass on the line for the skater kids when Tuco was ready to kill them, even though it risked getting Tuco mad and him too and any legal repercussions for Jimmy were probably honestly more likely with the skaters alive rather than dead.

And that's all in addition to the good things he did at Kim's urging.

I think that deep down, Breaking Bad was the story of how your average law-abiding "good" citizen might be a total narcissistic a$$hole every bit as evil as the worst criminal out there, but has only avoided a life of crime due to circumstances...and could pick up that life of crime under the right circumstances. While Better Call Saul is about how even the apparently morals-free career con man has a heart too and could break good....but ends up breaking bad due to his circumstances. Both series highlight this choice between doing right and doing wrong, and how it isn't solely about our nature or our circumstances or the choices we make but some obscure combination of the three.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
man huel lost a lot of weight. he looks weird now compared to himself on BB.

giphy.gif

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
So Yall think Kim going to jail for Saul. Like on some no snitching type stuff?

Robbo

All Star
Daps
So Yall think Kim going to jail for Saul. Like on some no snitching type stuff?

I'm wondering if she does something that leads to her losing her job, or worse, losing her license to practice law. Being a lawyer means way more to her than it does to Jimmy.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The wildest thing about the episode last night - besides Hector's :shaq:moment, and Jimmy going full Saul as Kim's date, was the fight under the laundromat. It's like they're building on an ancient Native burial ground and everyone who works there is fated to have some kind of falling out - and in most cases they're deadly.:lupe:

Huell getting caught up :francis:Kim working on the Hail Mary play to save both him and Jimmy's soul :wow:

And there's still yellow everywhere :ohhh:

Except for Kim she's as blue as the water in the fish tank with the yellow goldfish.

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
Jimmy and Kim growing apart :mjcry: breakup gonna be sad as hell on some Corey & Topanga shyt

Hector wildin for being on some :shaq: shyt at that nurse when she wasn't even fine :russ:

Gus bout to get :demonic: and that soup he was cooking looked tasty as hell :banderas:

Howard feels like an afterthought this season, wonder what the end game for dude will be

Huell looks like a completely different dude from BB :wow: glad he lost the weight though cause i'd hate to see him go out like Patrice O'Neal