The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 4 Thread.

ColiBomaye

All Star
Daps
Last week, I started to question how BCS would handle progressing its timeline. This week, they clapped back with a beautiful montage that was masterfully edited. Forgive me for doubting Vince tha god :whoo:
(Anyone else peep that the song had the singers on each ear? Left earbud had the woman's voice, Right was the man. Talk about attention to detail.)

Now that I think about it, what Gus did was possibly one of the most cold-hearted things I've ever saw in show. Man got Hector top-class medical support for his stroke, only to turn them away when he started to make good progress, basically leaving Hector to be a paralyzed and mute for the rest of his life. That's some next level hatred right there.:damn:

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Last week, I started to question how BCS would handle progressing its timeline. This week, they clapped back with a beautiful montage that was masterfully edited. Forgive me for doubting Vince tha god :whoo:
(Anyone else peep that the song had the singers on each ear? Left earbud had the woman's voice, Right was the man. Talk about attention to detail.)

Now that I think about it, what Gus did was possibly one of the most cold-hearted things I've ever saw in show. Man got Hector top-class medical support for his stroke, only to turn them away when he started to make good progress, basically leaving Hector to be a paralyzed and mute for the rest of his life. That's some next level hatred right there.:damn:
Doesn’t hector have enough money to get his own medical care?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Not like Gus had for him. Dude had a doctor flown in from John Hopkins solely to take care of Hector.

Hector got money and power but on a street level. Gus, as far as anyone knows at this point, is a successful businessman and respected in his community. He has power and influence that extends beyond the streets.

Fred.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I thought the "coati" speech was the single most hard-core Gus moment in the entire BB universe, even more so than when he killed Victor or wiped out the cartel. The way he stood before a cartel boss and told him in long, detailed narrative how intensely he was going to torture him for the rest of his life.

Leaving Hector paralyzed was just the cherry on top, the sadistic move that fulfilled exactly what Gus had already said he was going to do.

How does Hector even know he needs better care? It looks like Gus is controlling his medical decisions and feeding Hector's henchmen exactly what he wants Hector to know. It ain't like Hector is ever going to know what Gus and the John Hopkins doctor talked about in Gus's home. For all Hector knows, he received all the care he could get and that's that.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought the "coati" speech was the single most hard-core Gus moment in the entire BB universe, even more so than when he killed Victor or wiped out the cartel. The way he stood before a cartel boss and told him in long, detailed narrative how intensely he was going to torture him for the rest of his life..

You must be a gus Stan. How was it hardcore when hector was asleep. Did Gus ever say shyt like that to hector to his face :mjpls:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

How can Hector demand his own medical aide???? Gus was the one ASSIGNED to be in charged. I think whats going to happen is Tuco is going to finally get out of prison and jeopardize Gus' original plans by taking sole custody of Hector because he's direct next of kin.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
That opening scene was some like the opening Up but for Jimmy and Kim’s relationship.

Gus’s hate for Hector is eternal denied the man a chance to walk and communicate again. Hector really was Gus’s pet :wow:

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Exactly. the helping the old ladies at the cost of his own pockets drove the whole on the fence thing home to me. had things with Chuck gone the opposite direction i think he woulda never became Saul n improved as a person n prolly settle down with Kimmy Cakes.
No he wouldn’t. He was always going to be second rate behind Kim because he was never going to be polished and detailed like Kim and Chuck. That scene in the mailroom was a glimpse of their future. He was always going to be the office goof , smart but never tier 1 level like Chuck or Kim. Kim had an idea what she wanted 10 years ago and made it happen. Don’t get me wrong Saul is very smart but if you were backed in a corner, you choosing Kim.
On another note
cELbdjm.jpg

That gift in the box is the bell that Hector will use going forward to communicate. Lalo isn’t to be taken lightly.

• Dap
Reactions: hex