The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 3 Thread

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What a great episode.

Jimmy remembered that Chucky didn't know Rebecca had a phone until it rang.

I thought it was interesting that in the flashback, Chuck lied to Rebecca by claiming the electric company transposed the numbers in his deadbeat neighbor's address. Sound familiar?.:pachaha:

Piffery

All Star
Daps
exactly

THIS DUDE ROBBED HIS OWN PARENTS BLIND UNTIL THE DAY THEY DIED

i have a brother... just let me find out he doing this shyt.. and then my parents not only not believing it... but got me flying cross country to bail him out of jail repeatedly

even after that... after i take care of them.. after i take care of him... after i bust my ass for decades to become a partner of a prestigious law firm... i still get his ass a job

and now he wants to be a lawyer and have my name attached to this shyt.. work in my company... and fukked up, illegal type of fukkery, is going to be placed on me and my name and my company

nah fukk him.. i wouldn't even have got that little nikka a job in the first place... let alone let him have some powerful position at my company. hell fukking nah

now i wouldn't have set him up for the fall and done all that... but he'd be working that mail room at ups cause it damn sure wouldn't be with me
I'll just say Chuck believes he robbed his parents, it's possible he did and that we'll get a "Walt poisoned Brock" esque moment at the end of the season, but at the moment the full extent of that backstory is rulled out.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Best episode this season

the boy Huell :mjgrin:

Chuck screaming "I AM NOT CRAZY" :damn: to his own representer with his hair all out of place
had me :russ:

Hamlin is tired of this bullshyt :beli:
about to give Chuck the :camby:

Get Chuck outta here so we can get the rise of Saul Goodman started :blessed:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Breh the very first sentence contradicts what you're saying. If you really believe Chuck would let someone die because saving them is illegal then he's lawful evil.

That is Chuck. He cares about the prestige of being a lawyer and what it means to be a partner at the law firm but not about his own brother. And it's not even about "well, I think Jimmy would misuse the law". That would be noble. It's about "everyone loves Jimmy and what comes easily to him I have to struggle for". And nobody can call him out because he hides behind the word of the law. Even during his rant on Monday he couldn't keep it law related....he had to mention everyone loved Jimmy more when he was 9.

That
makes him evil. Not like, Marlo Stansfield evil but enough to rank on one of these charts. Everything he does is justified by "well, it's the law" which leads to completely over the top moments like correcting how much money Jimmy owed over the cassette tape.

Lastly the source material you're quoting is from the 70's and 80's. The definition for lawful evil (or any alignment, really) is a lot broader in the later editions. Gus and Chuck can both be lawful evil and nowhere near each other morally.

If I get time later on I'll pull up the 4.5E stuff.

Fred.
we'll just have to agree to disagree breh. if someone cares about law over saving someones life = lawful, there is no evilness employed ;you can create thousands of instances where a person wouldnt care about breaking a law over helping to save a life- it doesnt make them evil. youre viewing saving a life as a purely good thing- I dont. hell, most existential thinking would then be evil since theyre agnostic about helping to save a life, which is nonsense.

yea chuck has some jealousy towards jimmy, but ironically enough, EVERYTHING hes stated fact-wise during his rant was true, despite whatever excuses and circumstances.
did jimmy steal the cash from his gullible ass pops ? yes he did
did jimmy stage the incident on film ? yes he did
did jimmy defecate through the sunroof ? yep
did jimmy fudge the numbers in order to get Kim mesa verde ? yes he did.

did people not believe jimmy would do all these things ? yep

the only thing chuck said that was false is that he wasnt crazy. he has a mental problem with electricity.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
He was making progress working with the old people, though.
sort of. sandpiper was his crown jewel. but even then, he had to take shortcuts by illegally soliciting them, remember ? he couldnt get them to do it the 'right' way.

thats the whole point of jimmy->saul. jimmy could never be straight AND successful. chuck is right. but chucks an a$$hole about it and has no hopes jimmy would change. so ironically chuck 'helps' him to become saul when its the exact opposite that he wants for him

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What a great episode.

Jimmy remembered that Chucky didn't know Rebecca had a phone until it rang.

I thought it was interesting that in the flashback, Chuck lied to Rebecca by claiming the electric company transposed the numbers in his deadbeat neighbor's address. Sound familiar?.:pachaha:
Good point about Rebecca's phone, I just assumed his symptoms weren't as bad back then

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good point about Rebecca's phone, I just assumed his symptoms weren't as bad back then

that lie inspired Jimmy later. I always said Chuck knows Jimmy. Then I realized later in BB. What you guys are missing the points in Breaking Bad.

I thought the same. Jimmy was...less than impressive. I don't know what I was expecting but I definitely expected more than just making Chuck have an outburst on the stand.

That's such a Saul tactic, though. Jimmy may never have been the lawyer Chuck was but he gets results. As Jesse said in BB, "You don't want a criminal lawyer. You want a *criminal* lawyer."