The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 3 Thread

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Love that final moment at the end with the exit sign buzzing like punk ass Chuck was a fly sizzling in one of those electronic fly traps. No one tells the fly to go in but it just can't help itself just like Chuck couldn't help but spaz out even tho Hamlin TOLD him that he didn't need to testify.

Have your mental competence by compromised by 500mah cell phone battery brehs

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Love that final moment at the end with the exit sign buzzing like punk ass Chuck was a fly sizzling in one of those electronic fly traps. No one tells the fly to go in but it just can't help itself just like Chuck couldn't help but spaz out even tho Hamlin TOLD him that he didn't need to testify.

Also seemed like a homage to the fly episode of Breaking Bad :jawalrus:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

that slow zoom in on chuck as he goes deeper and deeper in his rant is :wow: too

rebecca starts to cry and howard looks at him :ufdup: :birdman: you dumbass you done fukked up

Piffery

All Star
Daps
nah youre going to another extreme now.

jimmy aint satan. jimmy is way more sympathetic in this show than he ever was on BB tho (where he was a cowardly cartoony slimeball lawyer who only gave a shyt about money and didnt hesitate to send dudes to belize)

I do agree about walter white shyt tho. walt was willing to kill dozens just off his pride and always tried to justify shyt like he wasnt at fault.

chuck just has a stick up his ass and a made conclusion that his bro wont ever be 'straight' (which is probably more true than not - jimmy wasnt making progress when being straight and he was bored out of his ass) so he tries to save society from him. chuck isnt killing a fly over his ego tho. in his own twisted way chuck actually cares for jimmy by trying to do what he thinks is best for him.

Your post is pretty much all right.

I find Jimmy to be very sympathetic, my point is that we just can't call Chuck evil when we know about Jimmy's life as Slipping Jimmy and what he'll be doing as Saul, and when we know that just like Jimmy has his issues and is also being affected by Chuck, that Chuck went through the same thing pre-Jimmy moving to abq and that currently he's being pushed over the edge by mental illness.

Also i'd say Saul alternated between moments of cowardice and braveness though, even with his slimeballery.

Piffery

All Star
Daps
that slow zoom in on chuck as he goes deeper and deeper in his rant is :wow: too

rebecca starts to cry and howard looks at him :ufdup: :birdman: you dumbass you done fukked up

I've already spun this scene back four times.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
nduemmkw52vy.png

:scust: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
guess we finally gonna get an answer about that gus being gay shyt they alluded to on the podcast

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
So I was thinking about a timeline technicality but then I realized we must be parallel to the breaking bad universe. I was thinking of when Gus and Max met Don Eladio in breaking bad episode hermanos but did some research and found out that happened twenty years before the start of breaking bad. What made me question things was during this episode when Bolsa said that Gus wanted to come see Don Eladio and pay his respects or whatever he said. I didn't realize at first watch that they had already met before. So it looks like this whole hatred for Hector that Gus has was from him killing Max. As well as Hector feeling ill will towards Gus, with both vying for Don Eladios approval. I'm guessing that's why he tells Mike that it's not in his best interest to have Hector killed. He can't mess up his boss money.

Speaking of Hector, maybe I'm reaching but did anyone notice the subliminal in that scene? When everyone goes inside, and he's standing by the pool, you can hear some dings in the background. Dings that symbolize a forewarning to his fate.
you're on two different timelines... the show is on 3

the flashback in ep 4, happens FIRST... hector calls them the butt BROTHERS... they are both still alive.. gus wants to pay respects in person.. he has not yet.. the don says let THEM keep doing whatever it is they are doing

the next flashback is from BB.. they kill gus' friend after the don admits he knows what they been doing. gus says all that he had been doing (sending the money, making the meth) was to show the don that he could work for him and make good money

the time in saul is after all of that.. gus is making money in america, under the don's thumb.. but now hector's routes are fukked up, so he's squeezing him to move his shyt too... without telling the don what he's doing. so now gus is in charge of all the routes in that territory (NM)... which is what he wanted

BlackMafia

Superstar
Daps
Episode went by so fast.

Few questions:

Why did Kim say Bingo at the end of last episode?

Is Chuck faking his condition now that he's had a battery on him? Is it all in his head?

What exactly did Chuck say on the stand again at the end that made him stop talking? Was it cause he told the bar they had to stop Jimmy?

I know I gotta watch it over again.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:snoop:

My bad guys, I should've explained where "lawful evil" comes from.

It's a "Dungeons & Dragons" term. I've never played it but for whatever reason their alignment chart (chaotic evil to lawful good) caught on in pop culture and people were assigning alignments to characters from fiction.

Not an actual spoiler, but the picture is big:

ac-wire.jpg

Evil in this case doesn't necessarily mean Hitler. It means they place something (family, in the case of Tywin Lannister) or actual law (in the case of Chuck McGill) above doing the right thing. Or, it could mean a villain that operates within their own moral code (like Gus Fring).

One character can also be multiple alignments. Kim Wexler is lawful good because she tries to do the right thing while following the law....but she's also chaotic good because she gets off on running scams. Avon Barksdale would actually be closer to lawful evil than chaotic neutral, too.

Anyway, I hope this clears it up.

Fred.

Last edited:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Chuck out here hitting the Mr. Krabs over Rebecca's phone :mjlol:

krabs-meme-th.jpg

I was :wow:at the Huell tease. Came through in the cut with the light fingers :blessed: but he can't fit in tight spaces :mjcry:

Is Purple the colour of emotional conflict? :ohhh:I know Marie rocked it a lot, and Howard was wearing a purple tie when he told Chuck about his misgivings:jbhmm:

Brought Rebecca in like old boy in 'The Godfather' :ooh:

There was a lot of brown in this episode - Rebecca's outfit, for one - and some of the mural. Not sure what it symbolizes. Nostalgia maybe? Innocence? Strength?:patrice:

Jimmy lowkey tapdanced all over the other attorney - he was out there saying shyt, knowing it would get overruled, but he wanted it on the board's mind.:lupe:

That fukking payoff :ohlawd:Shattered Chuck's whole world and made him sound like a raving lunatic. Jimmy outlawyered the shyt out of him :krs:

Last edited: