The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 3 Thread

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On the low, Jimmy was always smarter than Chuck... that's why Chuck hates him. Jimmy always gets away with it. I guess the real last straw was HOW Jimmy passed the bar when it took Chuck forever to do it.

Where did you hear this?

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Jimmy hit Chuck with that checkmate.... what a satisfying buildup.

On the real fukk Chuck, he's evil not because of his strict adherence to the law. He's evil because he hates his brother who tried to better himself and become a lawyer. It eats him up inside that his brother became a lawyer and he's done everything to undercut his career. What type of brother does that? He lied under oath about loving his brother. He's a piece of shyt.
I dont think chuck hates jimmy, I believe he truly believes that hes doing jimmy and law a favor by separating them. I dont think he realizes that he comes off as a bitter a$$hole who hates his brother, but I dont think hes doing it out of hate. chuck's focus on doing the right thing is actually what makes him an a$$hole.

to chuck being right and in line with general law (as opposed to taking shortcuts and shyt) is more important than his brother well-being. that doesnt make him evil. that just makes him a self-righteous a$$hole.

lets put it this way, chuck's the type of dude if he had to do something slightly illegal to save a life, he probably wouldnt do it. doesnt make him evil, just makes his priorities fukked up.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
That court battle was intense and one little thing I liked was how they handled the committee; the judges weren't taking no shyt, the lead had the constant :beli: hurry this shyt up and "don't play with us" arrogance you come to expect in any real court proceeding.

Huell byke :blessed:

Bruh this shyt was funny as hell at times but by the end it was sad af :mjcry:

I love all the cartel, Gus and Mike stuff too but the slow burn with Chuck and Jimmy has been just as good. Season 3 is shooting 95% from the field. This has been a dope season, they're on a Breaking Bad type run right now :whew:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I don't know, "hate" is a strong word but Chuck does legit seem to hate Jimmy or at least envies him to the point where he wants to see him living poorly which is pretty shytty of him.

The dinner scene and the aftermath with his ex-wife was a perfect example of the dynamic going on between them. Chuck is smart as fukk and he was trying to use his intelligence to show off for his wife at the dinner table but along comes Jimmy who is much more personable. Yeah, he's kind of a loser but he's personable, charismatic, can talk his ass off, intelligent on the low and naturally funny. He had Chuck's wife's panties wet at the dinner table with all his lawyer jokes and bullshyt.

Chuck tries to be funny with her later on while their in bed and she's like :dwillhuh: .... that type of shyt eats away at a guy like Chuck. "I'm smart, I do everything the right way, he's nothing, why is he LOVED more than me? Why is he so liked? Why does everything come EASIER for him? How does he get away with it?!"

It's incredible writing

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
hes not really evil...hes just too self-righteous to the point of being an a$$hole. and a hypocrite to boot since he had no problem lying to his ex about his condition instead of admitting weakness.

hes somewhat right about jimmy in a way (chimp with a machine gun), but ironically he prolly plays the biggest part in jimmy becoming saul.
The problem is a chimp with a machine gun isn't inherently bad . If it starts using it maybe you can train it to be useful I.e. A soldier of some kind . Chuck if he was that worried ( for the right reasons ) about jimmy how about keep him close and see what he does . Instead he pretends it was Howard who hated jimmy and gets him out of hmm

Piffery

All Star
Daps
On the low, Jimmy was always smarter than Chuck... that's why Chuck hates him. Jimmy always gets away with it. I guess the real last straw was HOW Jimmy passed the bar when it took Chuck forever to do it.
No, Jimmy literally took a "shortcut" to get his degree even if he ultimately did pass the bar, the Law School experience required to get a position at a place like HMM and the work that goes into it is far beyond what Jimmy did with his online degree from The University of Samoa, it has nothing to do with him being more intelligent than Chuck (and he isn't, they both just have two different ways of thinking).

It has nothing to do with him being quote on quote smarter than Chuck.

Piffery

All Star
Daps
Jimmy hit Chuck with that checkmate.... what a satisfying buildup.

On the real fukk Chuck, he's evil not because of his strict adherence to the law. He's evil because he hates his brother who tried to better himself and become a lawyer. It eats him up inside that his brother became a lawyer and he's done everything to undercut his career. What type of brother does that? He lied under oath about loving his brother. He's a piece of shyt.

If Chuck is evil then Jimmy is Satan, it's funny how people will excuse Jimmy's actions as the result of his pressing from Chuck but totally divorce the fact that Jimmy and Chuck had decades of interactions pre-the start of this conflict that informed the way their relationship works now, with Jimmy largely on the wrong side of those situations and (and yes, Chuck was so evil when he was reading child Jimmy children's books and when he was tucking Jimmy in to go to sleep out of concern for him back in season one, and so on so forth), and when combined with his mental illness and how it exaberates his character/ego issues, viewers choose to ignore it while continuously absolving Jimmy.

Chuck is hypocritical and morally repugnant/beyond the threshold of reasonable action to be clear, and I was half rooting for this to happen and half-sympathizing with him, but the way viewers keep trying to dehumanize him is just ridiculous (people go as far as trying to call Chuck a sociopath which is blatantly false, or chop up any positive things he's done with Jimmy in his life as being just am extension of his power playing as if Chuck can't be a multi-dimensional individial).

I wonder how many of y'all attacking Chuck were jerking Walter White off back on Breaking Bad.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
The problem is a chimp with a machine gun isn't inherently bad . If it starts using it maybe you can train it to be useful I.e. A soldier of some kind . Chuck if he was that worried ( for the right reasons ) about jimmy how about keep him close and see what he does . Instead he pretends it was Howard who hated jimmy and gets him out of hmm
chuck has a big ego and is somewhat of a coward- I dont really excuse his actions. with that said, by his kinda logic he decided that jimmy never finna be a real straight lawyer so he tried preventing jimmy to be anything significant.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I don't know, "hate" is a strong word but Chuck does legit seem to hate Jimmy or at least envies him to the point where he wants to see him living poorly which is pretty shytty of him.

The dinner scene and the aftermath with his ex-wife was a perfect example of the dynamic going on between them. Chuck is smart as fukk and he was trying to use his intelligence to show off for his wife at the dinner table but along comes Jimmy who is much more personable. Yeah, he's kind of a loser but he's personable, charismatic, can talk his ass off, intelligent on the low and naturally funny. He had Chuck's wife's panties wet at the dinner table with all his lawyer jokes and bullshyt.

Chuck tries to be funny with her later on while their in bed and she's like :dwillhuh: .... that type of shyt eats away at a guy like Chuck. "I'm smart, I do everything the right way, he's nothing, why is he LOVED more than me? Why is he so liked? Why does everything come EASIER for him? How does he get away with it?!"

It's incredible writing
in that instance dude is definitely jealous. but I dont think he hates jimmy for it. just has some jealousy because his bro was able to impress a woman more than him. I agree with the rest.

chuck has a big ass ego - I mean you see how he always says how he cant ever be wrong or make a mistake. his ego keeps telling him that hes very smart and hes doing everything right so he should be good and shyt, but hes not.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
If Chuck is evil then Jimmy is Satan, it's funny how people will excuse Jimmy's actions as the result of his pressing from Chuck but totally divorce the fact that Jimmy and Chuck had decades of interactions pre-the start of this conflict that informed the way their relationship works now, with Jimmy largely on the wrong side of those situations and (and yes, Chuck was so evil when he was reading child Jimmy children's books and when he was tucking Jimmy in to go to sleep out of concern for him back in season one, and so on so forth), and when combined with his mental illness and how it exaberates his character/ego issues, viewers choose to ignore it while continuously absolving Jimmy.

Chuck is hypocritical and morally repugnant/beyond the threshold of reasonable action to be clear, and I was half rooting for this to happen and half-sympathizing with him, but the way viewers keep trying to dehumanize him is just ridiculous (people go as far as trying to call Chuck a sociopath which is blatantly false, or chop up any positive things he's done with Jimmy in his life as being just am extension of his power playing as if Chuck can't be a multi-dimensional individial).

I wonder how many of y'all attacking Chuck were jerking Walter White off back on Breaking Bad.
nah youre going to another extreme now.

jimmy aint satan. jimmy is way more sympathetic in this show than he ever was on BB tho (where he was a cowardly cartoony slimeball lawyer who only gave a shyt about money and didnt hesitate to send dudes to belize)

I do agree about walter white shyt tho. walt was willing to kill dozens just off his pride and always tried to justify shyt like he wasnt at fault.

chuck just has a stick up his ass and a made conclusion that his bro wont ever be 'straight' (which is probably more true than not - jimmy wasnt making progress when being straight and he was bored out of his ass) so he tries to save society from him. chuck isnt killing a fly over his ego tho. in his own twisted way chuck actually cares for jimmy by trying to do what he thinks is best for him.