The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
they already did that... judge said he has every right to use his NAME... so they can't tell him he can't use his own name

there was a lot of times he could have gone for he fukkery, and didn't... plenty times... especially thinking bout that million he had..

i think he says fukk his brother and goes all in on saul cause HE wants to make his own name... not cause of force
Hamlin did that tho
and his brother is a way better lawyer than Hamlin
plus he seem like Simone who wOuld copywrite McGill

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs Im on episode 5. I didn't read the thread don't wanna get spoiled. Just asking does it pick up? I like the first 2 episodes. I'm just wondering because honestly Saul is kinda boring me.
What do you mean by pick up ?? If you mean turn into season 5 of bb ? Never
I know you brehs really love this show but it is :francis: and :manny: to me.
that's fine not every show is for everyone

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
What do you mean by pick up ?? If you mean turn into season 5 of bb ? Never

that's fine not every show is for everyone
I just mean get interesting. I'm bored but I know its Vince Gilliam and that's why I wanna stay lol. I'm not expecting a breaking bad at all breh. I knew what it was when I saw the preview. Im just saying since ur ahead of me does it get any better. I liked Saul as a supporting character rather than a main one. But being that its bb related I decided to give it a shot. And yes being that its bb related I expected it to be similar to the first 2 episodes that got me hooked. Seeing Tuco and crew got me hyped. Being that the 2 shows are related I expect some similarities to a degree. Now does it pick up? Im on episode 5.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just mean get interesting. I'm bored but I know its Vince Gilliam and that's why I wanna stay lol. I'm not expecting a breaking bad at all breh. I knew what it was when I saw the preview. Im just saying since ur ahead of me does it get any better. I liked Saul as a supporting character rather than a main one. But being that its bb related I decided to give it a shot. And yes being that its bb related I expected it to be similar to the first 2 episodes that got me hooked. Seeing Tuco and crew got me hyped. Being that the 2 shows are related I expect some similarities to a degree. Now does it pick up? Im on episode 5.
Again I'm not sure what you mean , if you mean like his dealings with tuco? Never it's a different show but keep watching mikes episode is next . Remember this is about jimmy becoming Saul so the stakes are less than bb generally with less life and death scenarios

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Again I'm not sure what you mean , if you mean like his dealings with tuco? Never it's a different show but keep watching mikes episode is next . Remember this is about jimmy becoming Saul so the stakes are less than bb generally with less life and death scenarios
Is it a slow build up to something big. Thats what im asking. Similar to how bb started out. Maybe my expectations are too high because Saul or should I say Jimmys character is boring me at this point. But I'll truck thru it. I did expect life and death situations. I understand its a different show. But if Saul's character is like this the entire time I might tune out. Im more interested in Tuco Mike etc.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is it a slow build up to something big. Thats what im asking. Similar to how bb started out. Maybe my expectations are too high because Saul or should I say Jimmys character is boring me at this point. But I'll truck thru it. I did expect life and death situations. I understand its a different show. But if Saul's character is like this the entire time I might tune out. Im more interested in Tuco Mike etc.
Yeah well it's jimmys show so I'm not sure if your gonna be interested in much outside of mikes scenes, and it is a slow build but not towards some big drug deal but something law related . If you really don't find jimmy interesting and aren't invested in him idk how you'll like the rest of the season

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

There is no Jimmy episode* with more action than the one with Tuco, if that's what you're asking. Will there be? Yes, but the show is probably going to run for 5 seasons, they can't have his life in danger every episode when he's still basically just a regular lawyer. The Saul from "BB" is connected to the cartel, has Mike as a goon, deals with gangsters and murderers, etc. Jimmy has a long way to go before then though. Season 1 has more in common with "Mad Men" than it does "Breaking Bad".

*I said "Jimmy episode" because episode 6 is about Mike, and it's basically a lost episode of "Breaking Bad".

Fred.

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
There is no Jimmy episode* with more action than the one with Tuco, if that's what you're asking. Will there be? Yes, but the show is probably going to run for 5 seasons, they can't have his life in danger every episode when he's still basically just a regular lawyer. The Saul from "BB" is connected to the cartel, has Mike as a goon, deals with gangsters and murderers, etc. Jimmy has a long way to go before then though. Season 1 has more in common with "Mad Men" than it does "Breaking Bad".

*I said "Jimmy episode" because episode 6 is about Mike, and it's basically a lost episode of "Breaking Bad".

Fred.
Ok that makes since. So basically a slow build up. And im not a fan of madmen. I think it boils down to me not being interested in jimmy/saul as much as I thought I would. Maybe it might progress down the line. If all else fails I may come back to it when there's a dry spot in shows honestly. Thanx a lot for the info though.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Ok that makes since. So basically a slow build up. And im not a fan of madmen. I think it boils down to me not being interested in jimmy/saul as much as I thought I would. Maybe it might progress down the line. If all else fails I may come back to it when there's a dry spot in shows honestly. Thanx a lot for the info though.

If nothing else watch episode 6 because it's a great episode about Mike's past.

Fred.

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
If nothing else watch episode 6 because it's a great episode about Mike's past.

Fred.
I'll watch it tonight definately. Im just sorta disappointed cause I wanted it to be one way but its the other lol. I'm so accustomed to violence, suspense, and twists with intriguing dialogue :banderas:. I cant enjoy any other shows without those things honestly. But overall were in a really good time for television. Piff everywhere :blessed:

Edit: props for putting me on to Utopia. I think that was u not sure smh. Sad as hell that they cancelled it. They put too much info in that show lol.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'll watch it tonight definately. Im just sorta disappointed cause I wanted it to be one way but its the other lol. I'm so accustomed to violence, suspense, and twists with intriguing dialogue :banderas:. I cant enjoy any other shows without those things honestly. But overall were in a really good time for television. Piff everywhere :blessed:

Edit: props for putting me on to Utopia. I think that was u not sure smh. Sad as hell that they cancelled it. They put too much info in that show lol.

You ever watch "Hannibal"?

Fred.