The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Ohhh ok and you actually managed to express my frustration with the end , it felt like a miniseries like this is how he became saul !!!! But it's like wait there is a season two :patrice: you think maybe any pressure or criticism made them get to the fukkery a bit quicker ? It was just oddly paced I guess. I think there was a lot more good jimmy episodes to do

I doubt they're taking any criticism into consideration, they were writing season 2 early into season 1. So they wouldn't even have a chance to read most of what we're saying about the show. Also Vince Gilligan in particular is notorious for not reading any criticism or even praise for his shows. He wants to write in a bubble.

This is just a guess but it's possible AMC asked them to do a shortened 10 episode first season just to get the series started, because it was pushed back. Season two is the normal 13 episodes.

Fred.

jaydolf spitler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Florida
Most shows I get put onto to watch I gotta struggle through the first season so I don't have an issue with how this one went. Served it's purpose to me. Can't just have fukkery from start to finish. I hate movies that are strictly just action with no real plot so I don't want it in my tv shows either. I liked this season and am anticipating the next

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I doubt they're taking any criticism into consideration, they were writing season 2 early into season 1. So they wouldn't even have a chance to read most of what we're saying about the show. Also Vince Gilligan in particular is notorious for not reading any criticism or even praise for his shows. He wants to write in a bubble.

This is just a guess but it's possible AMC asked them to do a shortened 10 episode first season just to get the series started, because it was pushed back. Season two is the normal 13 episodes.

Fred.
Did you read this interview with Peter Gould
http://m.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watc...-like-saul-goodman-but-we-love-jimmy-mcgill/1

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, and it doesn't seem like the path from Jimmy to Saul will be straight forward. It would be kinda unrealistic for him to turn into Saul over night, but I think his outlook on life is more Saul than Jimmy at this point. And even when he was Saul on "Breaking Bad", occasionally he'd try to do the right thing.

Fred.
Yeah that interview made me feel better . That it isn't bam he's saul , it might be him just trying to be his own kind of lawyer and stop trying to make chuck happy . Focus on his skills and strengths

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I give the first season a 6.5/10.

I dont think "saul" is a strong enough character to build a show around. The whole season felt directionless, like it existed just to exist. I realy dont see the point of the show, it just seems to live off BB "nostalgia."

The plot was aimless. The only stand out episode was about Mike. Saul works as a side character but Im just bored with him here.

I doubt Ill bother with S2.

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
Season Finale was so-so but so what, episode 9 was the climax. Borrowed Game of Thrones typical structure. 9 climax, 10 a setup for next season

I give overall the season an A-
f*ck you with the GOT structure... Sopranos started that in the late 90's

Nino Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC/LDN
Gay first season, they trying to stretch out the story

At least let the nikka be named Saul by the end of the first season. It's the name of the show ... We got the point of his background 5 episodes ago :francis:

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
I finish the last 6 episodes this week and I have to admit I was surprised how good it was for this type of show and I appreciate them building a new universe even tho its a spinoff of bb

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gay first season, they trying to stretch out the story

At least let the nikka be named Saul by the end of the first season. It's the name of the show ... We got the point of his background 5 episodes ago :francis:
The show takes place years before BB he has time to turn into Saul

• Dap
Reactions: hex

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I think his brother gonna block Jimmy from using McGill when he tries to make a real name for himself as a criminal defense lawyer. So he changes his name to saul Goodman

Or he changed it to Saul cause he wasn't getting much work as jimmy so he chose the most Jswish lawyer sounding name he could
they already did that... judge said he has every right to use his NAME... so they can't tell him he can't use his own name

there was a lot of times he could have gone for he fukkery, and didn't... plenty times... especially thinking bout that million he had..

i think he says fukk his brother and goes all in on saul cause HE wants to make his own name... not cause of force

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Brehs Im on episode 5. I didn't read the thread don't wanna get spoiled. Just asking does it pick up? I like the first 2 episodes. I'm just wondering because honestly Saul is kinda boring me.