Supporter
Daps

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
We need more spoilers!

The vast majority of spoilers for this show (and "Breaking Bad") were from fans taking pictures while they were filming. Aside from that it's virtually impossible to get spoilers, they got Pentagon level security. The actors don't even get whole scripts, just their pieces of dialogue. And even in those scripts, any characters that would be considered spoilers (like Tuco or the cousins) are listed under a fake name.

Fred.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The vast majority of spoilers for this show (and "Breaking Bad") were from fans taking pictures while they were filming. Aside from that it's virtually impossible to get spoilers, they got Pentagon level security. The actors don't even get whole scripts, just their pieces of dialogue. And even in those scripts, any characters that would be considered spoilers (like Tuco or the cousins) are listed under a fake name.

Fred.
Any confirmation of fring on set?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Any confirmation of fring on set?

No but the creators indirectly admitted Gus is coming in season 3. I assume you knew about the episode titles in season 2 spelling out FRINGS BACK?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/11...ease-gus-fring-and-chuck-vs-jimmy-in-season-3

IGN: Fans of the show cracked the "Fring's Back" code that you guys did in Season 2, with the first letter of each episode spelling out that phrase. Should we assume we'll see Gus in Season 3?

Gould: You mean our super secret code that no one could crack? [laughs] Our brilliant enigma machine? We pride ourselves on underestimating the intelligence of the audience, but boy folks got so far ahead of us on that one that it was funny. But it was also heartening to know that people are watching so closely.

Gilligan: [Laughs] I think our plan was to drop a little hint, at some point around the beginning of the third season, that there was a code in the titles, but people were so far ahead of us. But getting to the question, I don't want to ruin anything for anyone, but speaking for myself, the fans earned this one. I'm not going to say what happens but the people figured this out on their own. I don't want to be too evasive either.

Gould: I'll talk a little bit directly. We like to earn these things but, also, if we follow the logic of the show we get great rewards. So in the first episode of Better Call Saul, we saw Tuco. And then in Season 2, Tuco went to jail and we thought to ourselves "Well, what are the consequences of Tuco going to jail?" and then - glory - Mark Magolis walks in as Hector Salamanca. We were so happy about that. A lot of this is just following the logic, the web of relationships that we already established on Breaking Bad. All I can say, and I don't want to talk about any particular characters, but all I can say is, as first fans of the show, we're feeling very rewarded. And people who watched Breaking Bad will have even more reasons to watch Better Call Saul this season.

Fred.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
  • Dap
Reactions: hex