The Official "Bel-Air" Thread (Season 2 Is Now Airing)

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Anyone think there was a shot at the OG Aunt Viv or subtle Easter egg being the fact that made the entire Banks family dark chocolate lol
ASHLEY CLEARLY
ISNT DARK SKINNED.

THEY BASICALLY SWAPPED
HER AND HILLARY.

OG ASHLEY & CARLTON
WERE ALREADY DARK SKINNED...
SO WAS LIL NICKY.

latest

:devil:
:evil:

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
Some of the reactions to the reboot are exposing just how racist some white fans of the original actually are.

I’ve seen people complain about the reboot being too “hood” or too “woke”

As if the original didn’t have the same exact premise of Will fleeing Philly

As if the first episode didn’t have Will call Uncle Phil a sellout and Uncle Phil talking about Malcolm X

As if Aunt Viv didn’t teach an entire class of white kids about Black history

As if two racist white cops didn’t racially profile Will and Carlton

As if Carlton didn’t stand up to the frat boy and claim he was proud to be Black despite his upbringing

Did these fools watch TV or did they just skim through it?

This this this!!! This is exactly what the this show is trying to do. Fresh Prince tried it before and the audience didn't quite get it and now it's like "Y'ALL GONNA GET IT" and they throwing it right in everyone faces.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
Is this good?:lupe:

So far, very much so.

I'm not gonna hold my tongue on this.

Everyone I know who refuses to at least peep the first episode are giving off crab nikka vibes.

I get if you're really busy, or tv isn't a thing for you.

But if you're one who complains about not seeing enough us, or agenda type representation when they do show us, you're a clown for not watching a show with a black family where at the moment, there's no white guy mack pulling sisters or supergay brehs being flamboyant.

Just a family of unassailably black bodies trying to make a tense situation work.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
So far, very much so.

I'm not gonna hold my tongue on this.

Everyone I know who refuses to at least peep the first episode are giving off crab nikka vibes.

I get if you're really busy, or tv isn't a thing for you.

But if you're one who complains about not seeing enough us, or agenda type representation when they do show us, you're a clown for not watching a show with a black family where at the moment, there's no white guy mack pulling sisters or supergay brehs being flamboyant.

Just a family of unassailably black bodies trying to make a tense situation work.

some of us more so were expecting the inevitable crap you see on shows like Empire. This show is actually grounded in reality and even the 'preachy'/message moments dont feel like its translating black issues to white folks if that makes sense. Like this legit feels like a solid coming of age show

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been loving this show from jump. Getting to see Will in Philly really helped paint a better picture of who he is compared to the Banks.

Will and Carlton are like Reed Richards and Viktor Von Doom. Their whole rivalry is based on one person's insecurities. Carlton cracking under Will's shadow is like a supervillain's origin story. Both actors are great. They have the heart of the original characters without impersonating them.

The casting is great all around but I keep feeling like I can't trust Geoffrey because he looks like Bush Master:pachaha:

Hillary :ahh:

Lisa is trifling:hhh:

The Freeway cameo:obama:

Jazz has been great in limited time especially him trying to help Will while they were hooping. Can't wait to see them together more.

This nikka Carlton is unhinged lol. I was telling my wife don’t let him find out the dude from Philly is looking for Will, he would end up helping him :mjlol:

Carlton will pick him up from the airport like
AggressiveMassiveAfricanelephant-size_restricted.gif

I'm thinking the Philly bols running down on Will in Cali is what might make Carlton start bonding with him.