The Official "Bel-Air" Thread (Season 2 Is Now Airing)

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
gonna start this tonight. If yall remember Carlton was unlikeable for like the first 2 seasons then they made him more 'light hearted'

That’s true but this show really went over the top with it. They turned Carlton into the Black Roman Roy without the funny one liners lol

TheLostOnes

Laker for life
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
:ehh: that makes sense. When he saw Philly in the horizon he was like :wtf:

:mjlol:
Eazy TBC who playing Rashad really from Philly, that’s why he seem accurate. It’s wild watching Will mom take him to the airport and knowing that they really was on the road there for real, shyt had me like the Leonardo meme :russ::russ:

Fred

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Some of the reactions to the reboot are exposing just how racist some white fans of the original actually are.

I’ve seen people complain about the reboot being too “hood” or too “woke”

As if the original didn’t have the same exact premise of Will fleeing Philly

As if the first episode didn’t have Will call Uncle Phil a sellout and Uncle Phil talking about Malcolm X

As if Aunt Viv didn’t teach an entire class of white kids about Black history

As if two racist white cops didn’t racially profile Will and Carlton

As if Carlton didn’t stand up to the frat boy and claim he was proud to be Black despite his upbringing

Did these fools watch TV or did they just skim through it?
All facts.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Carlton still being corny even though he’s an athlete now :hhh::wow:

Lisa clearly being older than Will :lolbron:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
hmm…I have peacock for a month cuz I wanted to stream the super bowl…think I’ll check this out…are all the eps out or is it weekly?

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Aunt viv on the other hand. :whew: I thought I recognised her then I remembered she was Denzel's woman in Inside Man. She hasn't aged since that movie at all and is dime status.

She looks exactly the same :damn:
Carlton got that P.T. Cruiser shaped head :mjlol:

RIP Roy Lee, but that’s exactly who he reminded me of immediately

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eazy TBC who playing Rashad really from Philly, that’s why he seem accurate. It’s wild watching Will mom take him to the airport and knowing that they really was on the road there for real, shyt had me like the Leonardo meme :russ::russ:

Yup. Past the stadiums and the docks, then the airport. I've looked at the skyline from that part of 95 a thousand times. I wished they made that entire part of the episode longer. Seeing the city, the culture, the people. It was like an ode to Philly :wow:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Some of the reactions to the reboot are exposing just how racist some white fans of the original actually are.

I’ve seen people complain about the reboot being too “hood” or too “woke”

As if the original didn’t have the same exact premise of Will fleeing Philly

As if the first episode didn’t have Will call Uncle Phil a sellout and Uncle Phil talking about Malcolm X

As if Aunt Viv didn’t teach an entire class of white kids about Black history

As if two racist white cops didn’t racially profile Will and Carlton

As if Carlton didn’t stand up to the frat boy and claim he was proud to be Black despite his upbringing

Did these fools watch TV or did they just skim through it?

To them Fresh Prince is 148 episodes of Carlton singing/dancing to Tom Jones for 22 minutes. :pachaha: