The Official "Bel-Air" Thread (Season 2 Is Now Airing)

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Yes it needed an origin story:gucci: they are introducing these characters to an autoharp wasn’t alive during the OG run. They are also giving the characters some back story so you can better understand why it’s so hard for him to appreciate his new life. People complain when characters aren’t fleshed out enough and now we complain because they have you 30 minutes of back story?

You can’t remake anything and have it be 100% like the old so why not let them retell the story a slightly different way? The overall narrative is still the same.

People nitpick too much
I personally wouldn't be watching if it was exactly like the original. That style of television worked for the 90s. You can't do that now.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Just caught up with episode 3. Gotta say I do like it so far. Granted I do have to separate it from the original series and look at it from a different perspective. Still has some of the same basic plots but just a different twist to them. I don't think trying to redo the classic would've worked. Maybe a spinoff of Will and Lisa being married and sending their kid to live with Carlton or something like that, like an extension of the original story, but not a remake of the original. This one does look interesting tho. Guy who plays Carlton does a real good job. I can feel my hate towards him when he does something evil, thats how good he is. Everyone else good also. Crazy how they turned Geoffrey from this wise cracking sarcastic butler into this straight up goon. I'm expecting him to catch a body for Uncle Phil before the season is over. :pachaha:

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I watched this with my girl after the Superbowl and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Carlton is a damn mess :mjlol:Casting is top notch. The premise of this shoe did sound corny to me at first, but they are pulling it off nicely.

Wish I could binge the whole series but all these streaming services want to be on that week to week bullshyt now like regular TV :stopitslime:

Scientific

Bacdafucup
Daps
Reppin
The H
It's not bad, overall I did like it, and uncle Phil became my favorite character, plus I have a new fav Aunt Viv. There's things I like and things I feel they're trying to hard on. This was never meant to be a comedy but it feels like Power meets the OC. And I never watched those two.

Let it had been a spinoff series from The Sopranos or some shyt and nikkas would have got all excited.
To be fair, The Sopranos movie bombed to be honest. And no one is asking for a remake after that.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
There's unlikable in an annoying way then there's straight scumbaggery lol.

My man is out here playin wit his nose, being privy to people planting drugs on his fam, flaunting how he "rich as fukk boy" to another black man and letting dem cats say nikka around him like shyt sweet. And that's all in 3 eps :russ:
I could definitely see OG Carlton letting white guys say nikka around him with that same bullshyt reasoning though...but probably more dumb and naive about it though.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some of the reactions to the reboot are exposing just how racist some white fans of the original actually are.

I’ve seen people complain about the reboot being too “hood” or too “woke”

As if the original didn’t have the same exact premise of Will fleeing Philly

As if the first episode didn’t have Will call Uncle Phil a sellout and Uncle Phil talking about Malcolm X

As if Aunt Viv didn’t teach an entire class of white kids about Black history

As if two racist white cops didn’t racially profile Will and Carlton

As if Carlton didn’t stand up to the frat boy and claim he was proud to be Black despite his upbringing

Did these fools watch TV or did they just skim through it?