The Official "Bel-Air" Thread (Season 2 Is Now Airing)

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I was extremely doubtful about this series when it was initially announced but these first 3 episodes have been really good. Watched them with my girl and my brother and we all agreed that if this wasn’t based on Fresh Prince, it would still be just as enjoyable because they’ve made it feel new despite the callbacks to the original series. I love how they’ve made a concerted effort to cast darker skinned actors and shy away from the usual tropes we see in black shows.

Side note but Hilary is so cold :noah:

Carlton is the biggest hater on a TV series I’ve seen in a long time. It’s going to take a lot to redeem his character because he’s insufferable so far :heh:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Comes off forced and unnatural, less would be more. The only time it felt fluid was the Rashad scenes, and that's because the actor's actually from Philly :pachaha:

I hear you…. My step family from Philly. So everytime I talk to them it go out I get “jawned” , “bouled”, and etc Philly slang to death.

shyt you lucky this was made in the era when they used to say “SMUT” a lot

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
HILLARY IS AN UNGRATEFUL bytch.
THEY BULLshyt SHE PULLED
HAD GEN Z WRITTEN ALL OVER IT.

:dead:I SWEAR I THOUGHT
CARLTON WAS ABOUT TO
RUN ON THE COURT AND DO
A NEW VERSION OF THIS.

carlton-basketball.gif

:devil:
:evil:

TheGhost215

DoItLuhLikeIGiveFlyinFukk
Daps
Reppin
S.P.
I hear you…. My step family from Philly. So everytime I talk to them it go out I get “jawned” , “bouled”, and etc Philly slang to death.

shyt you lucky this was made in the era when they used to say “SMUT” a lot

SMUT :mjlol::mjlol:…The fukkin memories :blessed:

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This shyt is dope

Mufukkas hating to hate. Started at the beginning of this thread and mufukkas was shytting before they filmed a second of this.

What part of reboot do you not understand?? If everybody was the same as the OG series you nikkas would complain about that.

Those among you doing deep dives about how this wouldn't work when this thread started 3 years ago....how STUPID do you feel now?

Do you idiots complaining about the acting of the Carlton actor because you hate him......NOT REALIZE THAT MEANS HE'S DOING A GREAT JOB???

I wanna revoke some of yall posting AND streaming privileges!

Piff Tannen

Superstar
Daps
:laff::laff:at the Basketball scenes. How are they worst from 94? Looks like some1985 teen wolf shyt with cutaways and reused scenes:mjlol:The cutaway got Will looking like Ja Morant, Tomhawking and doing windmills and shyt. The real actor looks like he doesn't have an athletic bone in his body or has never touched a basketball before in his life.

I know it's been repeated over and over but the new Hilary is :noah:. Co-sign ever said they wanted to lick their screen. She was so :ohlawd: in dem skirts in episode 3. That bytch wasn't shyt embarrassing Viv at the party and fukking over Viv's friend though :stopitslime:.

Carlton is c00n to the highest degree, he has every right to hate Will. Will ain't been in Bel Air more than a couple of days he hugged up kissing his ex and then beats his ass at a house party in front of my ex and my peers and still get grounded. I would have been :pacspit:at Will's every turn too. Btw Carlton is such a bougie c00n I have a hard time believing he would into although she is attractive; a more chunky natural-haired middle-class version of Lisa.

And I guess they gon have Will/Lisa on some will they or wont they / budding romance type ish instead of her coming along after he done slutted out half of Bel Air lol. She pretty though even though the show trying to dress it down a lil

Well damn :leon: okay Lisa I see you

The trailer/commercials gave off such an over the top vibe that I was almost out from the jump, but I bit the bullet on episode one and there was more than enough to keep me going through the rest.

Really just feels like a firm modern take on the story, which is a pleasant surprise. My biggest complaint is the same as everyone else, we don't need jawn or boul in every other sentence, he's from Philly we get it :mjlol:

Beyond that I was worried the cast would be a mess trying to live up to such a legendary group, but they really did a good job putting it together. Like there won't ever be another Uncle Phil, but the breh they chose is just a rock solid actor with presence, it doesn't feel like a slap in the face at all to have him take on the task. Geoffrey being a yard breh that gives off a secret service/military vibe is hilarious and it works :russ:

Only other complaint would probably be Lisa :francis: You can't go from Nia long to ole humpty dumpty :francis: Hillary would've been great in that role and actually had me believe Carlton would throw hands over her :lolbron:

:mjlol: Cmon on breh. I think she's attractive. She did remind more of a slightly heavier set version of Lindsey who tricked off on Will to get popular than OG Lisa.
best-pictures-of-michole-briana-white.png
michole-briana-white_936221.png

Simone-Joy-Jones-1643998475.jpg