The Official "Bel-Air" Thread (Season 2 Is Now Airing)

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
gonna start this tonight. If yall remember Carlton was unlikeable for like the first 2 seasons then they made him more 'light hearted'

There's unlikable in an annoying way then there's straight scumbaggery lol.

My man is out here playin wit his nose, being privy to people planting drugs on his fam, flaunting how he "rich as fukk boy" to another black man and letting dem cats say nikka around him like shyt sweet. And that's all in 3 eps :russ:

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali

My man is out here playin wit his nose, being privy to people planting drugs on his fam, flaunting how he "rich as fukk boy" to another black man and letting dem cats say nikka around him like shyt sweet. And that's all in 3 eps :russ:
Dead ass :pachaha:

Just from the first 3 episodes this show has ALOT of potential. Especially if you are familiar with the original series and the plot points it touched through out the years.

Big Willie got one with this :obama:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.

There needs to be a smiley made of Will's face when he called Carlton a sucker.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
This show is fukking good. People just wanted to shyt on it from the jump.

The Will character shines, especially in the third episode. I thought from the fukkery in Philly to when he got sent to Bel-Air was a bit rushed, but maybe the writers didn't want to focus too much on that.

This Carlton makes the OG look like Khalid Muhammad. Actor with his Poot hairline is doing a good job making me hate him cos he's unlikeable as fukk! :pacspit:

Aunt viv on the other hand. :whew: I thought I recognised her then I remembered she was Denzel's woman in Inside Man. She hasn't aged since that movie at all and is dime status.

Hilary. :shaq: I'm not gonna lie, it would have been good if they got some ditzy airhead valley girl type chick, but I still like this version.

Dude who plays Jazz is good so far.

The little girl who plays Ashley hasn't been in it much to compare her character to the OG yet.

Geoffrey is different from the OG too, hasn't had that much of a presence but I like his yard mandem swag and glad to see it in this role as I remember him from way back when he was on British TV in shows like Holby City, so its good to see him come far.

Finally, of course we all love and miss the OG Uncle Phil. The man playing him is doing a good job too and is believable as the patriarch in his role.

I'm definitely in for the rest of the season. This is a good reimagining.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
I want to like it but it feels so over the top and rushed for me. Maybe Im just old and remember when conflicts were more spaced out. I get it’s a drama but it feels like a soap opera. I feel like the writing could be better. Im gonna try to continue and watch episode 3.

TheLostOnes

Laker for life
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Another thing I liked was the fact that they actually film in Philly seeing West Philly, Frankford, while also playing Freeway,"what we do" and other Philly anthems. Even drug boul looked like a typical Philly nikka fukked up teeth and sunni beard. I also like how some of the character changes. Like Hilary being an airhead to her actually doing something with herself and even having goals. Carlton when from being this nerdy character out of touch with his race cause he's used to his lifestyle. To someone who has his own problems.

Fred

TheGhost215

DoItLuhLikeIGiveFlyinFukk
Daps
Reppin
S.P.
Another thing I liked was the fact that they actually film in Philly seeing West Philly, Frankford, while also playing Freeway,"what we do" and other Philly anthems. Even drug boul looked like a typical Philly nikka fukked up teeth and sunni beard. I also like how some of the character changes. Like Hilary being an airhead to her actually doing something with herself and even having goals. Carlton when from being this nerdy character out of touch with his race cause he's used to his lifestyle. To someone who has his own problems.

Fred

Eazy TBC who playing Rashad really from Philly, that’s why he seem accurate. It’s wild watching Will mom take him to the airport and knowing that they really was on the road there for real, shyt had me like the Leonardo meme :russ::russ:

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
gonna start this tonight. If yall remember Carlton was unlikeable for like the first 2 seasons then they made him more 'light hearted'
Exactly. I don't know what some of these guys are talking about. They basically expanded his character and made it more complex. They removed the cheezy and added sinister. Carlton in the new show not really a yes man and does everything by the rules and the books. He is a cut throat who will do whatever it takes to win.

I get the feeling if people are too caught up in trying to compare the new show to the old one they won't enjoy this new version. I personally love the fact they taking it more dark drama and can see some things happening that makes it totally different from the original. Which I don't mind at all

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Exactly. I don't know what some of these guys are talking about. They basically expanded his character and made it more complex. They removed the cheezy and added sinister. Carlton in the new show not really a yes man and does everything by the rules and the books. He is a cut throat who will do whatever it takes to win.

I get the feeling if people are too caught up in trying to compare the new show to the old one they won't enjoy this new version. I personally love the fact they taking it more dark drama and can see some things happening that makes it totally different from the original. Which I don't mind at all

yeah this show is good. Like they actually tried to make a good show opposed to some National Geographic intro to Blackness for white folks like Blackish