The Official "Bel-Air" Thread (Season 2 Is Now Airing)

MaxBundles

Veteran
Daps
Lisa is average at best and too husky to swim in the Olympics. They fukked up that casting. Hilary and Viv the only casting I like so far. Carlton is the worst character on the show by far. The def of a punchable faced c00n. Not feeling the new Uncle Phil or Will that much. Geoffrey being from Yard is a plus, but he seems out of place on the show. Jazz should have been Carlton with his hieght.
Facts. Just watched the 1st ep last night. Really hoping it gets better. My gripes are basically the same as yours.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Connor, Chad, Brad…whatever the fukk his Wonderbread ass name is.—
full

—He ain’t with the culture, Carlton!”
full

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Not bad so far. Kinda on some All American ish but in the Fresh Prince universe lol. They really gotta town down some of the lingo though. We get it. You're fresh. You're modern. You're hip. But, we don't need to "know the vibes" every 2 seconds or be reminded when something is "facts" "on God" in every convo. And we fukkin know where WIll is from breh, so no need to force that 'jawn' or 'boul' into every scene :deadrose:

My man Geoffrey aint even no butler or house manager, he just there for a good time. Nicca lowkey might be a hitman/special forces the way he rolled up on Jazz when Will tried to sneak out :heh:. All he do so far is give Phil advice and plot on the next cheeks he clappin and I aint mad at it lol.

They made Hilary a lot more competent this time around but I almost prefer her as birdbrain as opposed to some woke aspiring chef / influencer:pachaha:. Coco look good as hell though.

Biggest thing of all? They made this Carlton UNLIKEABLE as shyt. My man aint got no redeeming qualities so far. Original Carlton had some naiveté to him that was almost charming in a sense at least. This Carlton in the cut like Anthony Anderson on Life every scene with him and Will as he watch the Prince carve his space out on Carlton's set with 'his people". And they aint even wait to get to it (like Carlton doing speed 1 episode back then0. This mf out here snorting Xanax and who knows what else off rip :snoop:.

And I guess they gon have Will/Lisa on some will they or wont they / budding romance type ish instead of her coming along after he done slutted out half of Bel Air lol. She pretty though even though the show trying to dress it down a lil

OJ Simpsom

Superstar
Daps
Tray (Will’s best friend in Philly) is supposed to be the reimagined version of Ice Tray (Don Cheadle) from the OG show
If they follow through then him and Jazz gonna be fighting over Hilary.:mjlit: Until Trevor comes through of course.

:ohhh:Will they kill off Trevor in a tragic accident though.

"Hilary Banks! Will you marry...":rip:

Last edited:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Highly accurate to Philly that's for sure, but TFP didn't need an origin story. If it was called "Philly"...that'd be great. But it doesn't need to be a dramatic series derivative. The writing and photography are spot on...nothing was cringe, but its nowhere near as hard as Snowfall, given the plot(s) it makes sense. It starts quick, and doesn't get boring, so the pacing is above average, and of course the music is perfect....but again, this could've stood alone by itself and without being a "Will Smith joint". With that posted, love Jazz, he isn't a dork, and has drip from the beginning, he's also deeper than the previous. This entire series, will have you shooting a 50/50, with knowing its well written and acted, but in return that its riding on the back of an iconic/legendary series.

Three eps so far - 8/10
I agree with this assessment, I get why they went the drama route instead of comedy this time. It seems that people like drama more than comedy. As far as it being compared to all American, I can see that but I don’t really agree. AA is about an athlete moving in to a better district so he can go pro. This show is about an athlete moving into a better situation so he can go pro. :ohhh:Ok fine it’s very similar :russ:
Went ahead and signed up for Peacock so I could watch all three eps.

They DEFINITELY got a hit on their hands with this one. I LOVE how unapologetically black this show is and how authentic it feels. Episode 3 really showed that Jabari Banks can tap into that “Will Smith” energy during the fraternity party segment.

They’re going to have to find a way to incorporate Ashley better because she feels like a bit of an afterthought so far.

Hilary is the DEFINITION of:banderas:She’s so goddamn FINE it’s ridiculous.

Carlton with the :demonic: every time Will gets a W

Yea this show is black af and they don’t try to hide it with mixed people or have them all with white partners. That’s dope, this dude being will is going to take some growing because those are huge shoes to fill. Having him crying all the time ain’t going to get it either

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
2 episodes in and the show is insulting to the original. Did the fresh prince really need an origin story? Should have just put it on HBO and called it something else. White people saying the N word isn't entertainment in the name of rebooting a top 5 black sitcom.
Yes it needed an origin story:gucci: they are introducing these characters to an autoharp wasn’t alive during the OG run. They are also giving the characters some back story so you can better understand why it’s so hard for him to appreciate his new life. People complain when characters aren’t fleshed out enough and now we complain because they have you 30 minutes of back story?

You can’t remake anything and have it be 100% like the old so why not let them retell the story a slightly different way? The overall narrative is still the same.

People nitpick too much

Ace Money

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Piff. :wow:

I was hooked after the first episode. It also helps having Phrat as a co-star.
:lolbron::russ::mjlit:
  • That nikka Carlton...I would've foolishly squandered my Bel-Air opportunity, but the ass whoopin' I dealt would have been glorious.
  • I wanna see how this whole "debacle" plays out. Low key, certain elements of contemporary society might make this an interesting watch if convincingly incorporated into the plot (e.g., social media/virality, current recruiting and HBCU narratives, the modern take on social justice, etc.).
  • I definitely appreciate the call backs to the O.G. series.
  • They pulled #RoadManJeffrey straight from the Top Boy universe. :wow: :laff:
If they can manage to duplicate even half the success that Kobra Kai has acquired, they'll easily get no less than four solid seasons outta Bel-Air.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Not bad so far. Kinda on some All American ish but in the Fresh Prince universe lol. They really gotta town down some of the lingo though. We get it. You're fresh. You're modern. You're hip. But, we don't need to "know the vibes" every 2 seconds or be reminded when something is "facts" "on God" in every convo. And we fukkin know where WIll is from breh, so no need to force that 'jawn' or 'boul' into every scene :deadrose:

My man Geoffrey aint even no butler or house manager, he just there for a good time. Nicca lowkey might be a hitman/special forces the way he rolled up on Jazz when Will tried to sneak out :heh:. All he do so far is give Phil advice and plot on the next cheeks he clappin and I aint mad at it lol.

They made Hilary a lot more competent this time around but I almost prefer her as birdbrain as opposed to some woke aspiring chef / influencer:pachaha:. Coco look good as hell though.

Biggest thing of all? They made this Carlton UNLIKEABLE as shyt. My man aint got no redeeming qualities so far. Original Carlton had some naiveté to him that was almost charming in a sense at least. This Carlton in the cut like Anthony Anderson on Life every scene with him and Will as he watch the Prince carve his space out on Carlton's set with 'his people". And they aint even wait to get to it (like Carlton doing speed 1 episode back then0. This mf out here snorting Xanax and who knows what else off rip :snoop:.

And I guess they gon have Will/Lisa on some will they or wont they / budding romance type ish instead of her coming along after he done slutted out half of Bel Air lol. She pretty though even though the show trying to dress it down a lil

Judging by her more recent IG pics, I expect her weight will come down through the season... because she's looking real average right now.