The Official "Bel-Air" Thread (Season 2 Is Now Airing)

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
The way the fight started was trash

but it’s not terrible. Out of 10 it’s a 6 or 7 based of first ep

edit
5 or a 6

edit 2

4 or 5. A entertaining 4 or 5 tho

edit 3

3 or 4

Edit 4
1 or 2

Idk about this show

edit 5
Tariq from Power got competition
fukk Carlton

Last edited:

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
2 episodes in and the show is insulting to the original. Did the fresh prince really need an origin story? Should have just put it on HBO and called it something else. White people saying the N word isn't entertainment in the name of rebooting a top 5 black sitcom.
I knew they was gonna be over the top from the trailer. How cringe is this shyt

MaxBundles

Veteran
Daps
Just watched the 1st episode and as a HUGE Fresh Prince fan......:ld:......

Dislike the Carton character
Geoffrey is nothing like the original
Will character seems like a try hard

Ima continue to watch tho, hope it gets better

Harry Sax

Formally mr 321
Daps
Just watched the 1st episode and as a HUGE Fresh Prince fan......:ld:......

Dislike the Carton character
Geoffrey is nothing like the original
Will character seems like a try hard

Ima continue to watch tho, hope it gets better
Only thing I don’t like is Geoffrey, they ain’t incorporated Ashley much yet, and no more fat uncle Phil jokes

Human Torch

Byrd Gang 🦅
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly born. PG raised
Dude act just like a Philly nikka, this could be great

he actually from west Philly. Will went all out to find a good successor.

and bul holding it down.

Just finished episode three and this shyt is standing on its own merit but has just enough nostalgia to work from that perspective as well.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
I knew they was gonna be over the top from the trailer. How cringe is this shyt

Highly accurate to Philly that's for sure, but TFP didn't need an origin story. If it was called "Philly"...that'd be great. But it doesn't need to be a dramatic series derivative. The writing and photography are spot on...nothing was cringe, but its nowhere near as hard as Snowfall, given the plot(s) it makes sense. It starts quick, and doesn't get boring, so the pacing is above average, and of course the music is perfect....but again, this could've stood alone by itself and without being a "Will Smith joint". With that posted, love Jazz, he isn't a dork, and has drip from the beginning, he's also deeper than the previous. This entire series, will have you shooting a 50/50, with knowing its well written and acted, but in return that its riding on the back of an iconic/legendary series.

Three eps so far - 8/10

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Went ahead and signed up for Peacock so I could watch all three eps.

They DEFINITELY got a hit on their hands with this one. I LOVE how unapologetically black this show is and how authentic it feels. Episode 3 really showed that Jabari Banks can tap into that “Will Smith” energy during the fraternity party segment.

They’re going to have to find a way to incorporate Ashley better because she feels like a bit of an afterthought so far.

Hilary is the DEFINITION of:banderas:She’s so goddamn FINE it’s ridiculous.

Carlton with the :demonic: every time Will gets a W

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
:ohhh: Uncle Phil is phrat …. ‘06! :myman:

guess AKA nationals wasn’t haven’t it after all the K’s were tripping off ole girl from insecure, so they made Aunt Viv part of some made up shyt:mjlol:

aunt viv and Hillary fine as shyt too

it’s a cool show, I’m digging it as an reimagining…Will is averaging about 1.5 “why he don’t want me” cries per episode…drawing from that episode Carlton was strung out on adderall and flipping it into him snorting xanax is wild…a lot of heavy-handed drama, not prestige television or anything but I’m fukking with it

OJ Simpsom

Superstar
Daps
Lisa is average at best and too husky to swim in the Olympics. They fukked up that casting. Hilary and Viv the only casting I like so far. Carlton is the worst character on the show by far. The def of a punchable faced c00n. Not feeling the new Uncle Phil or Will that much. Geoffrey being from Yard is a plus, but he seems out of place on the show. Jazz should have been Carlton with his hieght.