The Official "Bel-Air" Thread (Season 2 Is Now Airing)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I hope season 3 actually starts in the summer and transitions into his senior year because I wanna see summertime fukkery between Will, Lisa, Hilary, Jazz and Carlton.

You could reintroduce a TON of the chicks Will dated over the course of the OG series through him and Jazz’s summer misadventures. FINALLY get Carlton a girlfriend that Will can’t snatch while he’s in rehab. Out Hilary’s fine ass in the FLYEST sexiest outfits.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope season 3 actually starts in the summer and transitions into his senior year because I wanna see summertime fukkery between Will, Lisa, Hilary, Jazz and Carlton.

You could reintroduce a TON of the chicks Will dated over the course of the OG series through him and Jazz’s summer misadventures. FINALLY get Carlton a girlfriend that Will can’t snatch while he’s in rehab. Out Hilary’s fine ass in the FLYEST sexiest outfits.
Yeah, was talking to someone about if there is going to be a time jump. He was saying there has to be a jump or else you're spending a decent amount of time with Carlton in rehab not interacting with the family, but they teased the summer way too hard.

But with Will back with Lisa, we're not going to see Will coming across a bunch of chicks. We need to see Will and Jazz really kicking it, Seems like most of the time they're together is at a family function.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah, was talking to someone about if there is going to be a time jump. He was saying there has to be a jump or else you're spending a decent amount of time with Carlton in rehab not interacting with the family, but they teased the summer way too hard.

But with Will back with Lisa, we're not going to see Will coming across a bunch of chicks. We need to see Will and Jazz really kicking it, Seems like most of the time they're together is at a family function.

They just need to slow down the pace of the overall show. Every scene feels like its meant to serve some drama or story arch, thats why the cookout/family reunion episode was so good becuase you got a bit more levity with the characters. It wasn’t high stakes emotional moments every interaction

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They just need to slow down the pace of the overall show. Every scene feels like its meant to serve some drama or story arch, thats why the cookout/family reunion episode was so good becuase you got a bit more levity with the characters. It wasn’t high stakes emotional moments every interaction
Even the Jazz/Will scenes usually have some high stakes shyt behind it. Either them talking about how to get Hillary back, Will pissed about the Doc shyt and going off on Jazz or some quick "What's up, party turned out nice" shyt.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

See what i’m thinking is Carlton can be in rehab but its not like he’s going to be locked in jail or anything. He can still make new friends, get a girl and have a life without EVERY scene being dedicated to his recovery, of course a significant amount would, but they could do a storyline where Phil has Carlton work at the University cafe that him and Will worked at in the OG series as a means of Phil teaching Carlton the responsibility of earning his own money and being responsible. Him and Will could meet chicks and get into a bunch of adventures alongside a newly single Jazz.

And Will doesn’t HAVE to date every chick, they could just be fun cameos and call backs. Hell Jazz could date them with Carlton getting a few scraps.

And this is only like a 3-4 episode arc i’m talking about just showing them having some summer fun and then transitioning back into senior year. THEN you can get back to the drama of Carlton still not fitting in and being ostracized for being a druggie and all that. Have Will trying to figure out what he wants to do with his life after graduation and the will-he-won’t he go back to Philly stuff.

They need to figure out what to do with Ashley beyond her social justice stuff because they never actually show her DOING anything to those ends. She just talk talk talks about it. Have her start her own social media platform trying to affect positive change or starting a club at school or SOMETHING to make her interesting.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Even that Jazz/Will scenes usually have some high stakes shyt behind it. Either them talking about how to get Hillary back, Will pissed about the Doc shyt and going off on Jazz or some quick "What's up, party turned out nice" shyt.

Yeah, it feels like the show has done a horrible job showing the dynamics of each characters relationships. Everyone just bounces off each other

Look at even Will and Lisa, every conversation between them is one of them trying to console the other or discussing the terms of their relationship

The Villain

Superstar
Daps

Aunt Viv too soft on that boy to actually send him to rehab. All he'd do is cry about going away and she'd fold and pick some alternative treatment

Uncle Phil better than me that "I'm sorry I'm not the son you wanted" buck passing would've sent me over the edge :hhh:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Aunt Viv too soft on that boy to actually send him to rehab. All he'd do is cry about going away and she'd fold and pick some alternative treatment

Uncle Phil better than me that "I'm sorry I'm not the son you wanted" buck passing would've sent me over the edge :hhh:

My father would’ve smacked earth wind and FIRE outta me for saying that white boy bullshyt

Daps
Soon as Phil started going off I told my girl, yeah, he's about to go smash Erica.

Viv been complaining about the fellowship shyt since she got it, Michael Ealy trying to take credit, old Aunt Viv giving her shyt, show planning not going well, getting more shyt when her art goes well, worrying about being pitted against another black woman for the chair spot, complaining that old Aunt Viv not going down without a fight....

Phil goes, "shyt been kinda rough for you, more bad than good, maybe go another direction" and he gets more shyt.

He finds out Carlton is a cokehead that keeps drugs in the house and was flagrantly lying to Viv, gets understandably pissed and becomes the bad guy when Carlton pulls the "I'm not the son you wanted" shyt. Kid uses a weekly allowance he gets for doing nothing, spends it on drugs, and Phil is the out of line one

Will finds a father figure in some random ass dude that tells him a couple good things, Phil says, "Hey, let's slow down, be careful" and Will shyts on him, tells the dude that took him in, helped him make connections that he never believed in him.

Sit down to talk your daughter about relationships, tell her it's good that she found a man that's willing to give her the moon and stars and Viv starts throwing shots

Dude takes leave for a few months for a political campaign, firm somehow fumbles their biggest client, he comes back and his partner is having meetings behind his back about merging, then gives him shyt for questioning it.

This shyt could've ended with Phil on some final scene of Insecure season 1 and I would've had the :manny:
Enough is enough. I need Carlton to get a win. From his anxiety, to his drug addiction, to his hairline, something has got to give :to:

Phil realizing giving everybody the world ain't cutting it so he's finna fall into Erika's bed...just in time for Michael Ealy to step back in the picture :sas2:

Jazz...move on breh. She ain't worth it :francis:
:deadrose::deadrose: Y’all nikkas really ain’t shyt

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

ITLL DEFINITELY BE IN THE SUMMER.

IT TOOK 2 SEASONS JUST TO
FINISH JR YR AND WILL STARTED
IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SCHOOL YR.

:devil:
:evil: