Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Tony Bro is very biased. But he's a nobody in the grand scheme so I'm not going to debate about him.

....until JC gets smoked on the URL stage again :sas2:

He honestly is. Makes it a bit annoying to listen to his point of view sometimes because he is pretty biased.

I still don't have Cor being number one. He had a good year no doubt. But I think Chris gave Cor a charity award because Cor gets constantly shyt on :mjlol:

Lol. See, you're going by the stigma and not by body of work he's had this year. One thing in battle that is true: no matter how much of a success you can be, once you get labeled for one thing......the community makes sure it's not forgotten. The fans just still cling to Cortez being vaulted and all these other these things but never the fact he battles out of his hometown, other platforms, no chokes, good bars, and good performances for the most part. So because of the stigma, nikkas say fukk the work he put in and say shyt like you just said. But like he said, Chris gave more than one good reason and it wasn't because of charity or pity. He had a good year and you can't debate that.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tony Bro is very biased. But he's a nobody in the grand scheme so I'm not going to debate about him.

....until JC gets smoked on the URL stage again :sas2:

He may be a nobody, but you've brought his name up several times in TBZ just to speak negatively about him. You're entitled to your opinion, but since you are the only person that seems to really dislike him, do you care to tell us why?

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How do people say "Cortez isn't really number one", but DON'T give us who THEY thought was number one?

Don't just try to bash Cortez, and explain why the pick isn't valid. Tell us YOUR pick for battler of the year, and explain the rationale behind it.

I thought Arsonal had a strong year, but he ended it so badly that he knocked himself out of the running. After going through the files, I realize that there is ONE person who I've slept on because of preference, that could arguably have been given that no. 1 spot instead of Cortez.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
PSA getting way too friendly with these nikkas, agreeing with everything they sayin and shyt.
This is why that buddy-buddy shyt with bloggers and battlers is NOT good for battlerap.
But nikkas wanna run around and hate on CAPS cause it's the popular thing to do.
This that bullshyt double standard I clearly see goin on.
I rather nikkas like CAPS and Chris ruffle feathers with these battlers and keep it real than straight dikkride these nikkas.

Surf is smart as hell playin the politics, I salute him for it.
But I see right through the bullshyt tho
For example, he said.
Surf: I don't wanna give other bloggers like Angryfan and Chris no light cause I don't want my fans to watch they show and then shyt on me the next week. So I come to your show and give you the views cause I know you won't shyt on me after

3letterman: Yeah.. :ehh::obama:

:ufdup:That's that BULLSHYT I be talkin bout.
Surf pulls them in giving them the impression they owe him sumn for entertaining them and gives them extra incentive by mentioning he puts them over CAPS & Chris Unbias and 3letterman folds like a hoe

Naah, if a nikka pull some fukkshyt you call them out. That's ur job as a blogger. Matter fact that's just bein REAL

But naah, PSA wanna be friends with them and be all buddy-buddy so they don't wanna ruffle any feathers

CAPS and Chris Unbias > PSA

Bro, the amount of dikk eatin 3 letta man and Timbo are doin on this interview is :scust:

Roc and Surf claiming that the fans "hate" them :mjlol: Surf is delusional

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why does it matter if you are "biased" if you are upfront about your biases?
Everyone has a preference. Chris Unbias believes personal attacks trump everything. So when I see him review a battle, I always expect him to lean towards the person who is coming at their opponent more, regardless of style, rhyming talent, individuality, showmanship, etc.

Delicious

The D is for Delicious
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland/Brooklyn
Of course they are different. It doesn't mean he didn't jack his style.He jacked Lux's entire style, and Bdot being straight to the point from your point of view doesn't change that.

Daylyt is another guy who jacked Lux's style, however he was able to differentiate himself just enough. There's a good video out there with DNA talking about this. Can't remember than channel.

Not sure what you mean by "my point of view." I thought that we (TBZ) at least acknowledged that BDot, like him or not, is much more succinct and less cryptic. Sounding alike but having distinctly different content does count for a lot. This is a too big of a differentiation to say he jacked his entire style (though we may be defining style differently). I'm not plugging my ears and covering my eyes and saying I don't see the similarities in cadence and inflection, which is certain a part of style. I saw it quick, same with the WGH type styles and (sad to admit) the core of dudes who sound like Prez Mafia. Other quick examples I can think of are the chopper style of rapping. Quite a lot of dudes do it, but beyond the surface are quite different. I guess I do remember the Twista/Bone Thugs/eventual Busta era of people calling one or the other fakers/biters, but I feel like the difference was made clear to even casual fans pretty quickly as they released content. BDot and Lux both have enough content now that we can see the divergence.

Lux is battlerap down to a level of detail that is damn near insane. It's impressive, speaks worlds to his preparation, and in some ways seems to transcend "business." His approaches are personal to the deepest. BDot is personal, but it's more the obvious persona he attacks. He isn't even really "exposing" dudes because most of the bars are about things that are in plain view, he just sets it up and attacks it in a way that accessible to someone who doesn't know his opponent.
:salute:
Edit: just saw your follow up post

Last edited:

Delicious

The D is for Delicious
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland/Brooklyn
Why does it matter if you are "biased" if you are upfront about your biases?
Everyone has a preference. Chris Unbias believes personal attacks trump everything. So when I see him review a battle, I always expect him to lean towards the person who is coming at their opponent more, regardless of style, rhyming talent, individuality, showmanship, etc.
I hardly care about the bloggers, but tt's funny that you have to watch a dude named Chris Unbias with that qualifier. :wow:

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
That doesn't really work for me.

I mean C-Murder bit Pac's entire style, but they where no where near the same.

Fukk all that, biting is biting.

I'm still stuck in the past I suppose, where this shyt wasn't acceptable.

Man there's a thin line between being influenced by an artist (s) and biting.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hardly care about the bloggers, but tt's funny that you have to watch a dude named Chris Unbias with that qualifier. :wow:

True, but there's no uniform scoring system in battle rap.
3Letta talking bout "I send nikkas Merry Christmas and happy new year messages:mjgrin:"

I never understood how he was so aggressive during his two stints with Angryfan, then when he's on PSA he wants to be the cool elder/voice of reason.
Isn't this him addressing Tsu Surf very disrespectfully on the War Report a couple years back at the 5:15 minute mark? :jbhmm:

Last edited: