Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

dappadonna

'OOOOOHHHH DOOOONNNAA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
North London
True, but there's no uniform scoring system in battle rap.

I never understood how he was so aggressive during his two stints with Angryfan, then when he's on PSA he wants to be the cool elder/voice of reason.
Isn't this him addressing Tsu Surf very disrespectfully on the War Report a couple years back at the 5:15 minute mark? :jbhmm:

Exactly :mjlol:

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know it's cool to hate on him, but I binged watched most of his battles the other day and Jai is becoming one of my personal favorites. #HowYOUGonAct

I didn't know he was getting hated on. Jai is a classic case of a guy who hasn't put it all together. Dude is lyrical, he's funny, he has the persona... but he never puts it all together at once.
Math FRIED him in this faceoff though :mjlol:

You look like ME, standing in front of a clown mirror - Math

:dead::deadrose::deadmanny:

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Why does it matter if you are "biased" if you are upfront about your biases?
Everyone has a preference. Chris Unbias believes personal attacks trump everything. So when I see him review a battle, I always expect him to lean towards the person who is coming at their opponent more, regardless of style, rhyming talent, individuality, showmanship, etc.

I think when you are biased and you make a point, people take that consideration and can assume the point you're going to make. And assume they know why also.
You're right tho. Everyone does have a preference.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be fair Threeletter and Timbo both had Roc losing so I wouldn't say they're full out bias

They didnt say it to Roc in the interview. They were giving him wild head pause.

3LetterFan was like "Yo I fux with you Roc but I hear some "random" fan say that you sound like Surf"

And it even got worse when Surf got on :scust: Timbo and 3LetterFan were like groupies

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
They didnt say it to Roc in the interview. They were giving him wild head pause.

3LetterFan was like "Yo I fux with you Roc but I hear some "random" fan say that you sound like Surf"

And it even got worse when Surf got on :scust: Timbo and 3LetterFan were like groupies
Yeah they're definitely friendly with them but they reviewed the Roc/Nitty battle on the episode before and said Nitty won 2-1 (first and second round)

Edit: listened to the interview, he did tell Roc he lost.

Last edited:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps

-Verbs mom was never a lesbian after all these years of accusations :ohhh:

-Verbs mom has been married for years to a man:ohhh:

Verb said that why do so many east coast nikkaz get accused of fukkin trannies :ohhh:

K shine

Math

Mr Cee

Showoff

Now Tay Roc :ohhh:

Verb said that if it were Hitman or Verb being accused of fukkin nigggaz, the crowd would have cheered instead of booing like they did to Nitty :ohhh:

Said that the crowd didn't want to believe that their hero Tay Roc was fukkin a tranny :ohhh:

Verb says he WILL NEVER BATTLE B DOT :wow:

Last edited:

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jai is usually pretty good at talking shyt, he just isnt as good as Math/Surf/Hitman. He also doesnt have the status/resume to talk down on any of the vets.

His faceoff against Dre Dennis was hilarious.
"You from a part of Jersey where it's just you, your parents, and the Loud Boyz" :dead:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
"You're me when I'm not hungry and I want to kill you just because I want to kill that part of me" :wow:

"You got a ceiling Jai, and you've been bumpin your head on the ceiling"

Math was talkin to Jai's soul :wow:
Math solidified his spot with gorillas
Math did Jai filthy

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't know he was getting hated on. Jai is a classic case of a guy who hasn't put it all together. Dude is lyrical, he's funny, he has the persona... but he never puts it all together at once.

I agree

If he's somehow able to put it all together, it would be good for battle rap.