Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
serius jones should have been on some type of stock drop list just by his battle/league selection. He did a poor job protecting his "legendary" status

Delicious

The D is for Delicious
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland/Brooklyn
serius jones should have been on some type of stock drop list just by his battle/league selection. He did a poor job protecting his "legendary" status
I see what you are saying, though I thought his showing on RBE was damn good. But I tend to want to see legends battle at least twice every like 18 months.

Plus Serius was kind of trash in his big stage battles when he was scarce. I.kind of think he's only a legend by name, but turns in no memorable work (save recent RBE).

Last edited:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see what you are saying, though I thought his showing on RBE was damn good. But I tend to want to see legends battle at least twice every like 18 months.

Plus Serius was kind of trash in his big stage battles when he was scarce. I.kind of think he's only a legend by name, but turns in no memorable work (save recent RBE).

I really like what Iron Solomon did. He signed a three battle deal on KOTD. KOTD is a really good look. You are gonna get the proper presentation, as far as audio/video. There's always value in being exclusive.

I think that would have been a good move for Serius if the option where there. I don't think the URL was ever the right platform for him.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL

How so? He's a legend no doubt, but he's not a fan favorite in this era. If he were to sit out, the demand wouldn't be there for him to get the battles he wants. He needs to get the current fans more excited about him. He also has other projects that he's working on, and the visibility from battle rap helps him promote those projects.
He battled two guys that are very popular in this era (Pat Stay & Arsonal) and beat them. He battled two up and comers in hostile environments, and beat them. What else can he really do? We don't have footage of all those Fight Klub wins to go back to. If he sits out, he's 40 Cal. 40 Cal is a battling legend, but there's not much demand for his return. The idea of Hell Rell returning to battle rap faded quickly.

I really like what Iron Solomon did. He signed a three battle deal on KOTD. KOTD is a really good look. You are gonna get the proper presentation, as far as audio/video. There's always value in being exclusive.

I think that would have been a good move for Serius if the option where there. I don't think the URL was ever the right platform for him.

Theoretically that could work. I always felt like a lot of Grind Time rappers were highly influenced by the following 3 people: The Saurus, Iron Solomon, and Serius Jones. The thing is, KOTD fans may appreciate what The Saurus & Serius Jones do, but they aren't as excited about them. Maybe Iron sitting out helped, but part of it is because they are no longer the best at what they were known for. The Saurus is no longer the most dangerous freestyler, and his multi syllabic rhymes still don't sound completely natural. Serius no longer has the best mix of charisma, wit, presence & sarcasm. Charlie Clips & Pat Stay have passed him. Iron is still one of the best bar for bar. The material he had for Dizaster is arguably the best 3 rounds on paper for 2016. He still didn't deliver all of it in an appealing sounding way, but we see that he's improving. So giving Iron that deal worked out for both parties.

I'm not sure Serius would really be able to really build his name in a similar fashion over there. He still wouldn't be well liked. He's not white. He's not a character like Head Ice is. It would just give street style battles more reason to take him as a joke. Certain things get held against some guys, that don't get held against others. Him thriving on KOTD would get a "See? He should just stay over there, we're not trying to hear that over here". He still has this whole issue of being respected in New Jersey, KOTD can't help him with that. He needs to have his state behind him a little, the popular Jersey battlers are dismissive of him.

With all that being said, I want to throw this out there.

Can we sneak Serius Jones v Cortez on a Summer Madness? There's enough there to get a contentious back and forth going. Both sides have enough people that hate them, for this to be talked about. I think they might be each other's last chance to get that look. The promotion would have to start early, and yeah, it might have to include Serius getting stole on. I remember seeing footage of Cortez laughing and going to the front of the stage screaming "Murda Ave Gang" or something like that. Neither guy is going a get a battle they really want on a Summer Madness card. So how about a rivalry that can be promoted enough to make the fans care a little? Just a thought.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Yo brehs I went back and watched Jai 400 vs Bill Collector. This nikka Jai 400 had a FIRE first round. He went at Bill with a dope angle about gettin his ass whooped by Hitman :mjlol:

@ReasonableMatic

"Hand to God, He did you badly Bill, but not I, you got me mistaken badly Bill, ratty peel-ratty steal, whoever comin at me Bill, Shooter..that mean I'll put the Tre on you like Bradley Beal/Bill :damn: :bustback:

You wanted trouble until you see how trouble get, he gave you double fists, then double kicks, you took a couple licks, he made you fold, Bill was knocked out cold like he was tired from workin double shifts" :to:

(that's a fact) That was weak I'm scratchin that, but your pride's gon be like you after the fight, you gon be left swol once I/eye start to black :damn:
But you said you got the burner right?..... You shoulda brought out the mac for that, you a fraud, we ain't seen Bill hold iron since caddy shack :damn:

Ask him, what he ever did for his town? Nothing, that's why the people they ignore this clown/
Had some homies doin time down in Bordingtown/
You from PA? Well you ain't from Philly,...so I could give a fukk about him Nor his Town/Norristown :damn: :damn:

Your name a Bill Collector, well where do I begin BC/ I'm not your friend, there no reason to pretend BC/ with this cannon, I'm wylin out like MTV/ so if I see BS I'm a NBC/ end BC" :damn:

:bustback::bustback:

I kept a trying to tell y'all nikkaz about Jai 400 a while back :damn:

Young Fab

Banned
Daps
Yo brehs I went back and watched Jai 400 vs Bill Collector. This nikka Jai 400 had a FIRE first round. He went at Bill with a dope angle about gettin his ass whooped by Hitman :mjlol:

@ReasonableMatic

"Hand to God, He did you badly Bill, but not I, you got me mistaken badly Bill, ratty peel-ratty steal, whoever comin at me Bill, Shooter..that mean I'll put the Tre on you like Bradley Beal/Bill :damn: :bustback:

You wanted trouble until you see how trouble get, he gave you double fists, then double kicks, you took a couple licks, he made you fold, Bill was knocked out cold like he was tired from workin double shifts" :to:

(that's a fact) That was weak I'm scratchin that, but your pride's gon be like you after the fight, you gon be left swol once I/eye start to black :damn:
But you said you got the burner right?..... You shoulda brought out the mac for that, you a fraud, we ain't seen Bill hold iron since caddy shack :damn:

Ask him, what he ever did for his town? Nothing, that's why the people they ignore this clown/
Had some homies doin time down in Bordingtown/
You from PA? Well you ain't from Philly,...so I could give a fukk about him Nor his Town/Norristown :damn: :damn:

Your name a Bill Collector, well where do I begin BC/ I'm not your friend, there no reason to pretend BC/ with this cannon, I'm wylin out like MTV/ so if I see BS I'm a NBC/ end BC" :damn:

:bustback::bustback:

So I'm posed to be coo wit him blatantly biting B Magic?