Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Caps has a radioshow where he debates fans, Chris doesn't.
Caps freestyled blogs about current events.
Chris makes blogs where he puts well thought out shyt together back2back with edits.

Chris should be able to put shyt together that well, cause the purpose and approach of both their blogs are different.

Respect both they lanes

nikkas go out they way to shyt on CAPS, shyts laughable

Caps makes a lotta sense most of the time. You can't sit there and here him put shyt together from back in the day until now and not tell me he has the most knowledge overall about the leagues.
He's the sole reason a lotta nikkas even blew up (T Top, Brizz, SpitDatHeat, etc)

You could make a case for Posey not making any sense in the same amount of casesn (His clear URL bias etc)
Fact of the matter is Tony Bro, Posey AND CAPS make the most sense on the show.

I clearly see it's the popular thing on here to hate on CAPS but nikkas either don't listen to the show or know what they history in what he's done for battlerap. Prolly even both.
nikkas just gotta put some respect on that nikka name

I like the radio show, and I think Caps is an entertaining personality. I respect his movement, and the contributions he's made to battle rap. But he's also very random, sometimes I have no idea where he's coming from. *Jai voice* Am I lying my nygga?

In addition, I don't see him as a particularly good debater. I don't think that's shytting on him, because that's not what defines him. He's not able to pick apart an opposing argument in real time, Tony Bro is much better in that regard. So many guests have gotten bs past Caps when he conducted the interviews by himself. As for Posey, he's the voice of reason. Sometimes Caps & the callers go in circles about why things are one way, when they want them to be the other. He usually provides perspective as to why things are the way they are. And he's very upfront about his personal biases.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not the biggest B Dot fan, but I'm not sure that's fair. Ultimately, don't they both share the same influences? This Lux isn't the guy we saw battling on Smack. Lux was watching all those debates, and decided to incorporate some of that stuff into battle rap. B Dot is apart of the same community that Lux aligned himself with during his absence from battle rap. It's understandable he'd want to keep pushing down the path that Lux created, and it's respectable that he's moving further away from looking and sounding like Lux. Lux is a one of one, there's too much other stuff that makes him who he is besides the conscious talk.

Not the same

The conscious community may have influenced Lux, but he developed a completely original rap style.

There is no originality with Bdot.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
I like the radio show, and I think Caps is an entertaining personality. I respect his movement, and the contributions he's made to battle rap. But he's also very random, sometimes I have no idea where he's coming from. *Jai voice* Am I lying my nygga?

YOU DON'T SEE HE'S CLEARLY TROLLING MY nikka :rudy:

In addition, I don't see him as a particularly good debater. I don't think that's shytting on him, because that's not what defines him. He's not able to pick apart an opposing argument in real time, Tony Bro is much better in that regard. So many guests have gotten bs past Caps when he conducted the interviews by himself. As for Posey, he's the voice of reason. Sometimes Caps & the callers go in circles about why things are one way, when they want them to be the other. He usually provides perspective as to why things are the way they are. And he's very upfront about his personal biases.

This what I'm talking bout.
You really tryna use his obvious troll posts on Twitter as an argument to say he's random LOL.

C'mon fam you betta than that, if you go to his Twitter page you'll see him trolling all the time.
If you in the AFR and Unbias group you see these troll posts all the time.

Like I said, follow they shyt forreal forreal.

He's picked apart callers and battlers many time, stop it.

Same way Posey been picked apart for his clear bias towards URL, but since it's Posey you just gon overlook it.
And I fux with Posey heavy, but keep it consistent.

Tony Bro is the most reasonable outta all of em. He has NO bias where Posey has clear bias towards URL.

I do agree that CAPS has had critical moments where he couldn't body a battler cause he couldn't gather is thoughts an argument home where Tony Bro is way more focused.

Tony been catching mean bodies when other hosts tried to sneak they irrational arguments in. When son gets turned up and starts hitting them with haymakers back2back when it matters :whew:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Call me crazy, but when it comes down to it, I don't consider the dudes the same. Both of them talk like a certain breed of "conscious" dudes, but the bars are just different.

BDot takes personal angles rooted more in image choices and hypocrisy. Lux assassinates dudes persona and weaves ultra deep call backs and references to do it.

BDot bars are very clear on the first pass. They are smart bars, but they are very friendly for anyone with casual exposure (maybe a little bit more than casual). Lux bars are intricate as all hell and require the fan to know more than the basics about his opponent to catch everything. We regularly have years old Lux bars on here that are just being unwrapped.

The cadence isn't enough for me to call it flat out biting when the content is so different.

Of course they are different. It doesn't mean he didn't jack his style.He jacked Lux's entire style, and Bdot being straight to the point from your point of view doesn't change that.

Daylyt is another guy who jacked Lux's style, however he was able to differentiate himself just enough. There's a good video out there with DNA talking about this. Can't remember than channel.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Call me crazy, but when it comes down to it, I don't consider the dudes the same. Both of them talk like a certain breed of "conscious" dudes, but the bars are just different.

BDot takes personal angles rooted more in image choices and hypocrisy. Lux assassinates dudes persona and weaves ultra deep call backs and references to do it.

BDot bars are very clear on the first pass. They are smart bars, but they are very friendly for anyone with casual exposure (maybe a little bit more than casual). Lux bars are intricate as all hell and require the fan to know more than the basics about his opponent to catch everything. We regularly have years old Lux bars on here that are just being unwrapped.

The cadence isn't enough for me to call it flat out biting when the content is so different.
Probably the best analysis of this I've read. They are similar but no where near the same. Dot himself credits Lux for the blueprint (cadence, style, etc.) but his actual bars are structured directly and include actual battle punches and haymakers.

Lux is too cryptic, almost to a fault. But once you get the backstories and catch the references of Lux he's trying to destroy his opponents self esteem, not beat them in a battle.

There are many bars that the audience doesn't understand that Lux knows the person he's battling gets and feels.

Ex. "He'll be home next year." :to:

"Your pops was a snitch too" :to:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Serius Jones called out Math on Twitter. Said he wants the fade

Something tells me these dudes are conspiring to get on that celebrity boxing card, but I'll take it :popcorn:

Didn't I call this shyt?

Was it yesterday or the other day? These days are starting to run together lately.

I think this fight is more likely than a Diz/Math, if a card like this where to ever actually happen.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Probably the best analysis of this I've read. They are similar but no where near the same. Dot himself credits Lux for the blueprint (cadence, style, etc.) but his actual bars are structured directly and include actual battle punches and haymakers.

Lux is too cryptic, almost to a fault. But once you get the backstories and catch the references of Lux he's trying to destroy his opponents self esteem, not beat them in a battle.

There are many bars that the audience doesn't understand that Lux knows the person he's battling gets and feels.

Ex. "He'll be home next year." :to:

"Your pops was a snitch too" :to:

That doesn't really work for me.

I mean C-Murder bit Pac's entire style, but they where no where near the same.

Fukk all that, biting is biting.

I'm still stuck in the past I suppose, where this shyt wasn't acceptable.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
This what I'm talking bout.
You really tryna use his obvious troll posts on Twitter as an argument to say he's random LOL.

C'mon fam you betta than that, if you go to his Twitter page you'll see him trolling all the time.
If you in the AFR and Unbias group you see these troll posts all the time.

Like I said, follow they shyt forreal forreal.

He's picked apart callers and battlers many time, stop it.

Same way Posey been picked apart for his clear bias towards URL, but since it's Posey you just gon overlook it.
And I fux with Posey heavy, but keep it consistent.

Tony Bro is the most reasonable outta all of em. He has NO bias where Posey has clear bias towards URL.

I do agree that CAPS has had critical moments where he couldn't body a battler cause he couldn't gather is thoughts an argument home where Tony Bro is way more focused.

Tony been catching mean bodies when other hosts tried to sneak they irrational arguments in. When son gets turned up and starts hitting them with haymakers back2back when it matters :whew:
Posey be low key trolling half the time and his URL Surf/Roc bias is hilarious. He doesn't even hide it :heh: Tony Bro makes the most logical sense outta them all. But I tried calling up there a few times to give them that work, I never got through tho :mjpls:

I'm gonna call back again and get my rounds off. :mjpls: When I start hittin nikkaz with bars and facts :banderas:

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tony Bro is very biased. But he's a nobody in the grand scheme so I'm not going to debate about him.

....until JC gets smoked on the URL stage again :sas2:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Thing is AFM kept asking the fans. Chris just said fukk it....here's the facts. Well done and thought out.
I still don't have Cor being number one. He had a good year no doubt. But I think Chris gave Cor a charity award because Cor gets constantly shyt on :mjlol:

noodles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol @angryfan show mad that Tay Roc sounds like Surf...why wouldn't he...they battled he lost then got under the wing to Tsunami..its not rocket science.

What they should be asking is how did URL slip so much that Roc became top 5...could he beat Verb, Hitman, Surf, Cal, Hollow...any of the top hitters? He lost to DNA n TODD...

URL in my humble opinion let other leagues eat by not innovating themselves...PPV, judged battles, men v females...remember when Norbes dropped that top 10 battlers list (which was correct to me,) people lost their minds but it got everyone talking, even the Instagram shyt Smack dropped with battlers going at each other...drop the PG bullshyt and give us top matches. All these battles dropping with no bars or haymakers..just reaches and filler, can't even watch them twice.

Rant over..

ReasonableMatic

Daps

Surf telling the GOAT :duck: :russ:

PSA getting way too friendly with these nikkas, agreeing with everything they sayin and shyt.
This is why that buddy-buddy shyt with bloggers and battlers is NOT good for battlerap.
But nikkas wanna run around and hate on CAPS cause it's the popular thing to do.
This that bullshyt double standard I clearly see goin on.
I rather nikkas like CAPS and Chris ruffle feathers with these battlers and keep it real than straight dikkride these nikkas.

Surf is smart as hell playin the politics, I salute him for it.
But I see right through the bullshyt tho
For example, he said.
Surf: I don't wanna give other bloggers like Angryfan and Chris no light cause I don't want my fans to watch they show and then shyt on me the next week. So I come to your show and give you the views cause I know you won't shyt on me after

3letterman: Yeah.. :ehh::obama:

:ufdup:That's that BULLSHYT I be talkin bout.
Surf pulls them in giving them the impression they owe him sumn for entertaining them and gives them extra incentive by mentioning he puts them over CAPS & Chris Unbias and 3letterman folds like a hoe

Naah, if a nikka pull some fukkshyt you call them out. That's ur job as a blogger. Matter fact that's just bein REAL

But naah, PSA wanna be friends with them and be all buddy-buddy so they don't wanna ruffle any feathers

CAPS and Chris Unbias > PSA