Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Angryfan has spent like two years off and on trying to put some respect on Cortez's name. Snitch Unbias did it in less than 10 minutes of talking.

lNEg8.gif

Thing is AFM kept asking the fans. Chris just said fukk it....here's the facts. Well done and thought out.

kevthesureshot

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They should have Unbias on AFM to debate his battler of the year pick. They always have fun Cortez discussions lol

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They should have Unbias on AFM to debate his battler of the year pick. They always have fun Cortez discussions lol

I don't think they could formulate a good argument against his pick. The only people that really make any sense on there are Tony Bro & Posey. I mean I'm not excited about the pick, but I can't think of a better choice. Personally I had Arsonal going into the Serius battle, but he lost badly to Serius AND Brizz.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't fukk with bdot at all.

the fact that he was able to come into battle rap and jack an entire style/approach is just disgusting.

I'm not the biggest B Dot fan, but I'm not sure that's fair. Ultimately, don't they both share the same influences? This Lux isn't the guy we saw battling on Smack. Lux was watching all those debates, and decided to incorporate some of that stuff into battle rap. B Dot is apart of the same community that Lux aligned himself with during his absence from battle rap. It's understandable he'd want to keep pushing down the path that Lux created, and it's respectable that he's moving further away from looking and sounding like Lux. Lux is a one of one, there's too much other stuff that makes him who he is besides the conscious talk.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Thing is AFM kept asking the fans. Chris just said fukk it....here's the facts. Well done and thought out.
Caps has a radioshow where he debates fans, Chris doesn't.
Caps freestyled blogs about current events.
Chris makes blogs where he puts well thought out shyt together back2back with edits.

Chris should be able to put shyt together that well, cause the purpose and approach of both their blogs are different.

Respect both they lanes

nikkas go out they way to shyt on CAPS, shyts laughable
I don't think they could formulate a good argument against his pick. The only people that really make any sense on there are Tony Bro & Posey. I mean I'm not excited about the pick, but I can't think of a better choice. Personally I had Arsonal going into the Serius battle, but he lost badly to Serius AND Brizz.

Caps makes a lotta sense most of the time. You can't sit there and here him put shyt together from back in the day until now and not tell me he has the most knowledge overall about the leagues.
He's the sole reason a lotta nikkas even blew up (T Top, Brizz, SpitDatHeat, etc)

You could make a case for Posey not making any sense in the same amount of casesn (His clear URL bias etc)
Fact of the matter is Tony Bro, Posey AND CAPS make the most sense on the show.

I clearly see it's the popular thing on here to hate on CAPS but nikkas either don't listen to the show or know what they history in what he's done for battlerap. Prolly even both.
nikkas just gotta put some respect on that nikka name

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Serius Jones called out Math on Twitter. Said he wants the fade

Something tells me these dudes are conspiring to get on that celebrity boxing card, but I'll take it :popcorn:

Math was on AFR talking about the celebrity boxing card. They were suggesting that he jump on the undercard vs Diz. Math said he'd be willing to do it, then said he'd take Diz OR Serius. So I'd guess this is in response to that.

Delicious

The D is for Delicious
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland/Brooklyn
He does Lux way better than Lux does tho. :manny:
Call me crazy, but when it comes down to it, I don't consider the dudes the same. Both of them talk like a certain breed of "conscious" dudes, but the bars are just different.

BDot takes personal angles rooted more in image choices and hypocrisy. Lux assassinates dudes persona and weaves ultra deep call backs and references to do it.

BDot bars are very clear on the first pass. They are smart bars, but they are very friendly for anyone with casual exposure (maybe a little bit more than casual). Lux bars are intricate as all hell and require the fan to know more than the basics about his opponent to catch everything. We regularly have years old Lux bars on here that are just being unwrapped.

The cadence isn't enough for me to call it flat out biting when the content is so different.