Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Verb chased Clips and got bodied
Cal chased Lux and got bodied
Swave chased Verb and got bodied
Young Kannon chased Swave and got bodied

I know there are more, but these come to mind.
Surely somebody already mentioned it, but Gnojaj chased Dizaster and then proceeded to choke.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Facts. nikkaz have been sayin this. The main event should always go first
Nah, you don't want your main event going first, especially if it's the main reason people are coming to see the event.

The irony is that Roc vs. Rum is the type of battle you WOULD want to go last. You want a high energy battle that can supplement for a tired crowd at that point, but they didn't really bring their typical energy into this battle either, particularly Roc.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, you don't want your main event going first, especially if it's the main reason people are coming to see the event.

The irony is that Roc vs. Rum is the type of battle you WOULD want to go last. You want a high energy battle that can supplement for a tired crowd at that point, but they didn't really bring their typical energy into this battle either, particularly Roc.

It's tough. This battle would have definitely benefited from going earlier, but the material was so poor from both sides, it just doesn't even matter to me.

If I am part of the URL staff, I probably make the battle a little earlier. That's just because I don't view Rum Nitty as a stage guy who is able to keep a tired crowd engaged with his style.

Charlie Clips is really the perfect guy to go last, but his performances have been so horrid lately, that it would just look bad on footage.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its called competition. Battlerap a competitive artfotm is a business which is also competitive.

The bullshyt we are the world lets come together nonesense is for the birds.

Facts. I'd love to see how these dudes would feel if they had a successful business and a bunch of other companies came along and started mimicking their ideas & format.
"But but but you should all come together and make the best product for the consumer, everyone should be able to prosper equally"
FUKKOUTTAHERE

Plus people forget that Smack has been down this road before when he was the king of the street DVD wave. He wasn't trying to partner up with Cocaine City, Real Talk DVD, Sub-0 and all these other DVD dudes. They were piggybacking off of something he made hot. So why would he give a damn about KOTD or RBE?

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Im telling you. Its cause these idiots think theyre so lyrical miracle demi gods they never think they can fall off so they write when the battle is signed :martin:

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Im telling you. Its cause these idiots think theyre so lyrical miracle demi gods they never think they can fall off so they write when the battle is signed :martin:
I been sayin this :salute:
Ave sitting on hella bars :damn:

:whew::whew::whew:
I'm calling it right now, Ave WON'T fall off anytime soon :blessed:
So many rappers get in that zone and just waste it by not recording and lose it by the time they do.
Pac was smart and stayed in the studio. That's why he got so much heat out.

Ave is writing and he's not running around battling everyone and wasting it.
Even if he's writing generic bars. If they're fire it wont matter
cause he could always rewrite some of em for his opponents.
Remember when B Magic was in that zone in that era when he faced Chilla and Roc :ohlawd:
Then he turned around and wasted it battling everybody. :rudy:
He shoulda been way more selective and kept writing.
I was talking to Mickey Factz about Ave recently, he's making all the right moves man :wow: