Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
That was on a channel with 500 fukking subscribers... I love the math on nyggas doing 500k or a million views with 700k cotdamn subs.. The LA battle grounds created a second channel and had less than a thousand subs when they put that battle out, after a month of paid watchers.. Please name one current, not mount Rushmore nygga that is capable of that... That's not 'top tier " if you want as well
Nobody. And that criteria is irrelevant though. Being the second biggest active of the never-been-on-URL battlers (Behind Pat Stay) doesn't mean your profile is big enough to avoid a PG. His profile still isn't big enough for URL to change their format. He's not a Serius Jones or Reed, who had a legacy prior to URL and he's not a Pat Stay that has a big name and a superstar on his own brand.

Bone$

Dynasty Continues...
Daps
Nobody. And that criteria is irrelevant though. Being the second biggest active of the never-been-on-URL battlers (Behind Pat Stay) doesn't mean your profile is big enough to avoid a PG. His profile still isn't big enough for URL to change their format. He's not a Serius Jones or Reed, who had a legacy prior to URL and he's not a Pat Stay that has a big name and a superstar on his own brand.
I'm not for the manufacturerd politics breh.. If you want a nygga like norbes to dictate the upcoming battles we get then so be it.. If you agree that bdot is the most exciting nygga to represent the West, and agree that there is absolutely no match up where you can say that he would definitely lose than you with me and a lot of others.. And them legacies you naming was dated as fukk, they got a top tier match up cause they refused to be little nyggad.. Both sides you can say have an argument, I overstand both, but I'm for nyggas getting in the ring, moreso than this is the NBA from fat norbes shyt

Last edited:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I'm not for the manufacturerd politics breh.. If you want a nygga like norbes to dictate the upcoming battles we get then so be it.. If you agree that bdot is the most exciting nygga to represent the West, and agree that there is absolutely no match up where you can say that he would definitely lose than you with me and a lot of others.. And them legacies you naming was dated as fukk, they got a top tier match up cause they refused to be little nyggad.. Both sides you can say have an argument, I overstand both, but I'm not for nyggas getting in the ring, moreso than this is the NBA from fat norbes shyt
I'm not this big B Dot fan personally so I don't care if he battles on URL or not honestly. He's good but I don't run to watch B Dot.

And I don't necessarily agree with the politics but complaining about it isn't gonna change Smack and Beasley's perspective so it is what it is.

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tdot.. till the death of me
At the end of the day

Url is not telling the truth when they say everyone on URL had to do a PG. Sounds like they don't want the flood gates to open with nikkas wanting to be in URL without doing a PG....(which is fair) so they should just keep it a buck and say that.

Because everyone knows bdots skill level + his buzz justifies not doing a PG..... so they not fooling anyone except gullible nikkas who believe everything Beasley says.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Been sayin that's how toptier needs to be defined, on performance quality

I basically agreed with everything he said up until he brought up Chess.

Chess AIN'T TopTier.
It's impossible for him to be TopTier with all that choking.
He just ain't.
Back when DNA was young and he choked in Detroit he wasn't TopTier either.
Chess has to get over his choke/breathing problem and THEN he might be TopTier.

Ave on the other hand is clearly a toptier, he's had flawless performances AFTER his 1st PG. he opened that battle with a fire round and slowed down afterwards. His PG didn't drop for a REASON.
Norbes and Ave have talked about this in numerous interviews.
Ave started cooking vs Nunn Nunn and hasn't let up ever since.
By now you could call him toptier

Chess has a lotta potential but he damn sure ain't Toptier of we define that as a performance based thing

So where does that leave Surf? :francis:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
At the end of the day

Url is not telling the truth when they say everyone on URL had to do a PG. Sounds like they don't want the flood gates to open with nikkas wanting to be in URL without doing a PG....(which is fair) so they should just keep it a buck and say that.

Because everyone knows bdots skill level + his buzz justifies not doing a PG..... so they not fooling anyone except gullible nikkas who believe everything Beasley says.

340abf9.jpg

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I told nyggas yesterday it's a fan based argument....
It's fine to think dude is doper than so & so, but his accolades & his profile don't merit red carpet treatment.
But they dragged it out a whole nother day and the conclusion is still the same.

And some of these dudes don't understand why Reed and Cyserro were given opportunities that B Dot won't get...

Let's be real at least he probably won't have to do a small room PG battle, his profile is big enough that his PG will be on the stage at a proper URL event like Dougy v Twork.

Speaking of Dougy, Dougy v Chess is about to hit 300k on We Go Hard which only has 25k subscribers .... and Dougy still had to do 2 PGs and is looked at as a run of the mill unknown/unproven to many of y'all. But somehow y'all think everyone knows B Dot....

MADNESS

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
-TBZ needs a battle to drop fast lol
-Looney Divine :noah:
-Anybody saying the URL big stage isn't the main goal for battle rappers is lying..Do you know how disappointed I am that some of my favorite battle rappers will prolly never reach the main stage of URL again/or at all, whether it's because of them falling off or because politics got in the way & they never got a shot..We all wanna see the best battles & out favorite battle rappers showcase their skills to that URL crowd
-I understand the whole views thing but BDot is above having a PG & i'm not even a fan of dude like that

Fair enough. But we all see that this shyt is turning into the music industry hence the battles quality of content suffers :francis: That's why I brought up Dom Kennedy, MIMS etc. they might have a bigger draw, but they would get on stage and stink up the joint.
Fully agree with this..This battle rap shyt is starting to become a little bit stale & too much about the politics like the music industry..I remember how dope battle rap was in that OG battle rap thread on SOHH during the Midwest movement with Verb, Icepack, Holla, Remyd, Miles & Big T..It was just about whether you were nice or not..Now you got people like Norbes who holds grudges against battlers & all these bloggers thinking they more important than they really are & just the overall politics

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It is ultimately about "that" All that mainstream success/legendary status/notoriety essentially meant nothing in terms of their material and performance. They all got on stage and and laid a gatdamn egg. You know gatdamn well that B dot would do far better than the rappers I listed before. Stop being stubborn and dense bruh :comeon:
Considering the fact half of those battles didn't even happen on URL you really lack a point.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hardcore battle rap fans really don't give a fukk about Joe Budden, Cass, Cys battling. If they never battle again, we wouldn't give a fukk.

There are so many battlers that have stood on a URL stage with the same amount of draw/fan base as B DOT.

I don't think some of y'all cats are getting what I'm saying. It's pretty sad that URL is willing to abandon their philosophy at the detriment of views :snoop: As long as you have a "name" then it doesn't matter if you get 3-0d and give shytty performances.
:francis:
So basically Bone Crusher, Mike Jones, MIMS, sage the Gemini, Dom Kennedy would be able to skip the PG's :francis: Makes no sense battle wise/culture wise.
It IS a business. You don't seem to be able to comprehend that.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Unless we're considering BL battles to be PGs, didn't we just see Nu Jerzy Twork hop on that stage with no PGs at all?

ReasonableMatic

Daps
So where does that leave Surf? :francis:
If toptier is defined by performance quality Surf's not toptier.
The nikka choked in lackluster battles for damn near a year and a half, so no he ain't toptier by that definition.
That's another one on Norbes' list I simply don't agree with. And he knew he'd catch flack for it, that's why he mentioned it before naming him.
This whole "If it ain't on URL it don't count" thing is corny as hell.
Especially coming from a league that claims they're For The Culture.
I ain't entertaining politics URL and some Vets try to manipulate the unintelligent with.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Unless we're considering BL battles to be PGs, didn't we just see Nu Jerzy Twork hop on that stage with no PGs at all?

Facts. It seems that a lot of dudes are willing to do all these mental gymnastics in order to defend the URL's fugazi ass "strict business model" :mjlol:

nikkaz be gettin mind fukked and drinkin URL kool aid