Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Fair enough. But we all see that this shyt is turning into the music industry hence the battles quality of content suffers :francis: That's why I brought up Dom Kennedy, MIMS etc. they might have a bigger draw, but they would get on stage and stink up the joint.

Facts. And to be real about it, I don't think we were going to be able to avoid it. Your average battle rapper is very lyrical in the ring but switches up to sounding like a Future knock off on a track. That already tells right there it was going the route of the music industry. All it takes is for one person to make some bread and a few folks to notice and now we have what we have now with battle rap.

At the end of the day

Url is not telling the truth when they say everyone on URL had to do a PG. Sounds like they don't want the flood gates to open with nikkas wanting to be in URL without doing a PG....(which is fair) so they should just keep it a buck and say that.

Because everyone knows bdots skill level + his buzz justifies not doing a PG..... so they not fooling anyone except gullible nikkas who believe everything Beasley says.

Yep. Wish people wouldn't try to play my man's B Dot tho. Beyond the battles. He makes fire ass music and he is invested in the black community.
I think his battle with Cortez and his new single drops too.

Delicious

The D is for Delicious
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland/Brooklyn
For the most part, no. It only seems to help if you have an A1 performance game. Battle rap crowds are probably like 5% female at best. It's what the 2000 era underground rap crowd was.
Guys like Serius Jones, Rich Dolarz, Prep and Fresco arguably get taken LESS seriously because their looks.

I see that we got a forum populated by people who are real quick to call someone gay for acknowledging a trend/tendency for what females consider attractive in a dude.

Although I seem to remember that nigs half way dismissed Ryda because his 'looks make him less believable' or something along those lines.

Delicious

The D is for Delicious
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland/Brooklyn
I don't understand how we have a 3 day long debate about the PG/popularity/business thing.

Battlerap at this point is like ..well.. everything else. It may not be sharp around the edges business-wise, but it operates like the rest of the world and we shouldn't 1. be surprised and 2. be arguing about the decisions that none of us get a real say in making.

People get regular 9-5 jobs through connects and circumstance, and sometimes those people don't actually have the credentials (they might have a good stat sheet/resume and some good references)
People in the music and art industry bypass the "paying dues" part if they got the right connect (family, location, benefactor, etc)
People in school get preferential treatment from professors that like them (sometimes)
Ten people break the same law and we see 5 different punishments

shyt ain't black and white anywhere. Don't see why we in here with heartburn and indigestion about battlerap. Stop throwing around the word "deserve" like it has anything but a secondary/tertiary meaning in an art driven by and kept alive by profit.
:manny:

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
I don't understand how we have a 3 day long debate about the PG/popularity/business thing.

Battlerap at this point is like ..well.. everything else. It may not be sharp around the edges business-wise, but it operates like the rest of the world and we shouldn't 1. be surprised and 2. be arguing about the decisions that none of us get a real say in making.

What you're saying makes sense but I think us fans having accessibility to a good majority of people in battle rap is the reason we probably argue about why we should have a say in it. The only thing I wanted is for a battle rap league union to pop off so block battles and etc. could go thru a chain of command and make things a bit more organized. And even judged battles.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see that we got a forum populated by people who are real quick to call someone gay for acknowledging a trend/tendency for what females consider attractive in a dude.

Although I seem to remember that nigs half way dismissed Ryda because his 'looks make him less believable' or something along those lines.

I said something about Ryda's believability and it had to do with the way he acted it this video
Danja started rapping around 2:40, Ryda didn't want it. Then Nunu (Ryda's manager/former manager) comes over at 5:30 or so and he starts getting all hype. That shyt's wild corny.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK

You damn right. :what:
Ain't nobody on this forum trying to go there bro. Leave that sus shyt at the door. What that nikka posted was wild gay.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reading is fundamental :francis:
Breh, you're exposing yourself not exposing me. You're essentially saying, "I have an argument and while I recognize that what I'm saying doesn't support my argument in any way, I'm going to say it anyway."

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Breh, you're exposing yourself not exposing me. You're essentially saying, "I have an argument and while I recognize that what I'm saying doesn't support my argument in any way, I'm going to say it anyway."

You got it my nikka. It's all good :salute:

ReasonableMatic

Daps
man fukk all this shyt

Roc beat JC
957236a612fb930c7eb1dee9cb0e9184.jpg

I'll pass :russ:

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tdot.. till the death of me

Nothing wrong with saying another nikka is handsome, if that's how you feel.

Just own it instead of saying shyt like "other nikkas..." so i pulled his card on it.

Also being believable imo doesn't have to do with how handsome a nikka is.. So for a nikka to even bring that up is 'strange' to say the least

Theres alot of nikkas who aren't believable who aren't pretty boys... They're just soft as baby shyt and no one believes them.

(notice how I didn't say 'there's alot of nikkas who OTHER dudes wouldn't consider as pretty boys' )