Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A PG at Born Legacy? Was Ave vs Rum a PG too? Chilla vs Cortez? :dead:

Are you serious? :mindblown:

At the start of the battle the selection screen you see the PG symbol in the background.

Norbes announced that the battle was a PG battle before the coin was tossed.

The description of the video states that battle was a PG.

Did any of you even watch the battle? :why: I cant believe this is even a debate

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Are you trolling? :dahell:

Twork vs Dougy was a PG. :dahell:

That was definitely a pg.

I'm not trying to be dense or anything but how exactly is it a PG battle if it takes place at an event with "top tier" battles on the card? It's not like NJT vs Dougy got any less promotion than any of the other battles on that card.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not trying to be dense or anything but how exactly is it a PG battle if it takes place at an event with "top tier" battles on the card? It's not like NJT vs Dougy got any less promotion than any of the other battles on that card.

It's all a grey area at this point

Smack, Norbes and them want views and money. That's the end game. Not strict ranking procedures and iron clad operations management.

Folks remember this battle rap not college sports

• Dap
Reactions: EA

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Idk I just remember it being labeled a pg. I could be wrong but I think prez and wavy was a pg and they opened up the first born legacy.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
It's all a grey area at this point

Smack, Norbes and them want views and money. That's the end game. Not strict ranking procedures and iron clad operations management.

Folks remember this battle rap not college sports
College sports is actually the best analogue

Everything but the score is subjective there, battle rap just often takes it one step further

But I agree with you. Norbes making a video about defining top tiers and vets and other buzz words is so stupid and pointless it's almost propaganda to justify who he wants to put on stage for financial reasons

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Is Born legacy is a big stage event? Or is it a small room event? Its the latter so a PG battle fits right in.

It doesnt matter who else is on the card. A PG battle is a battle between two new battlers trying to get on the main roster. If the event was at summer madness theyd be the opening act. Doesnt make that battle any less of a PG.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL

At the start of the battle the selection screen you see the PG symbol in the background.

Did any of you even watch the battle? :why: I cant believe this is even a debate

And now we start a THIRD day of this topic, because nyggas are just being difficult and/or misinformed.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
College sports is actually the best analogue

Everything but the score is subjective there, battle rap just often takes it one step further

But I agree with you. Norbes making a video about defining top tiers and vets and other buzz words is so stupid and pointless it's almost propaganda to justify who he wants to put on stage for financial reasons

lol the biggest problem here might be that people are watching Norbes videos, or worrying too much about Norbes opinion. Trust he won't be allowed to make a decision out of spite that will hurt the brand.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Jesus Christ, nikkas either dumb as hell or don't follow what's goin on in the culture :snoop:

Nu Jurzy Twork's PG was vs Dougy <<<<<

The controversy about it was that it was on Born Legacy 3.
He was the first to have a PG straight to Born Legacy.
That's why some URL Only Fans
were confused at him being on that card because they didn't understand WHY he was on a medium size stage @Born Legacy 3 without being seen in a small room like BlackStar like the other PG nikkas on the card.
Those same fans didn't watch his battle vs Redd Handed that got him buzzing in the battlerap's inner circle cause Jaz showed him to Norbes who locked him in immediately. Mike P was promoting his performance heavy in Unbias and that started his crazy buzz with the fans.

Nu Jurzy Twork's PG was vs Dougy <<<<<<<<

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps

I just went back and watched the Ave vs Rum intro and Norbes isn't on this at all :patrice:

Ave vs Rum was not a PG. go back and watch the intro homie. The first 5-15 seconds shows URL's slogans and logos, PG's does flash, but so does mc battle arena. :patrice:

Rum vs Ave was not a PG

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK

:manny:

Ok

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just went back and watched the Ave vs Rum intro and Norbes isn't on this at all :patrice:

Ave vs Rum was not a PG. go back and watch the intro homie. The first 5-15 seconds shows URL's slogans and logos, PG's does flash, but so does mc battle arena. :patrice:

Rum vs Ave was not a PG

I was referring to Dougy vs Twork. I know Ave vs Rum wasnt a PG