Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Battle rap fans care about those guys but more importantly people in general do, and the point is to get as many eyeballs to your product as possible.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong what URL does, I understand why, and I also understand why fans would have a problem with it, but I'm just saying that's the reality we're in now.

Fair enough. But we all see that this shyt is turning into the music industry hence the battles quality of content suffers :francis: That's why I brought up Dom Kennedy, MIMS etc. they might have a bigger draw, but they would get on stage and stink up the joint.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
And there lies the problem :francis: The real fans get cheated and bamboozled
Okay but nobody is arguing that, nikkas were just telling you what the reality of it is

Idk where you expected a "how things should be" vs "how it is type" conversation to go but unless smack/beasley/norbes make an account i can guarantee you it was just gonna be you arguin in circles with other posters until yall wore each other out (pause)

ReasonableMatic

Daps

Been sayin that's how toptier needs to be defined, on performance quality

I basically agreed with everything he said up until he brought up Chess.

Chess AIN'T TopTier.
It's impossible for him to be TopTier with all that choking. He just ain't.
Back when DNA was young and he choked in Detroit he wasn't TopTier either.
Chess has to get over his choke/breathing problem and THEN he might be TopTier.

Ave on the other hand is clearly a toptier, he's had flawless performances AFTER his 1st PG. he opened that battle with a fire round and slowed down afterwards. His PG didn't drop for a REASON.
Norbes and Ave have talked about this in numerous interviews.
Ave started cooking vs Nunn Nunn and hasn't let up ever since.
By now you could call him toptier

Chess has a lotta potential but he damn sure ain't Toptier of we define that as a performance based thing

Bone$

Dynasty Continues...
Daps
But URL never said you get PGs when your first come in because you're not ready talent wise, they always say it's to build your profile (Meaning nobody knows you). You're using a faulty argument. Nobody is saying B Dot can't get on a URL stage and compete better than Cassidy, Reed, Diz etc. It's that his name isn't big enough for URL to abandon their philosophy. He doesn't have a big profile.

Those other guys you named are well known, and can draw because they have a significant fan base. B Dot does not. Only hardcore battle rap fans know who he is.
He has the biggest profile amongst anyone whom hasn't battled on URL, what are you talking about.. Pitting b dot against any top tier they want, ultimately becomes the real "main event", in any cotdamn URL event you you want to name... Easy

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
He has the biggest profile amongst anyone whom hasn't battled on URL, what are you talking about.. Pitting b dot against anyone they want, ultimately becomes the real "main event", in any cotdamn URL event you you want to name... Easy

No he doesn't. What are YOU talking about? His biggest battle has 240K on Youtube against Danny Myers. That ain't shyt.

How is his profile bigger than Pat Stay?

Bone$

Dynasty Continues...
Daps
No he doesn't. What are YOU talking about? His biggest battle has 240K on Youtube against Danny Myers. That ain't shyt.

How is his profile bigger than Pat Stay?
That was on a channel with 500 fukking subscribers... I love the math on nyggas doing 500k or a million views with 700k cotdamn subs.. The LA battle grounds created a second channel and had less than a thousand subs when they put that battle out, after a month of paid watchers.. Please name one current, not mount Rushmore nygga that is capable of that... That's not 'top tier " if you want as well