Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nikka you tried to put it on other nikkas by saying shyt like "who OTHER dudes consider pretty boys" .doesn't sound like you as secure as you say.

Just calling you out on it. Next time keep it 100 and don't put it on "other dudes" . Personally I don't think it has anything to do with how a nikka looks.

Conceited is a self proclaimed pretty boy and he literally tore the stage down on many occasions

I don't call other dudes pretty boys bro. I never have.
I have no problem calling another man flashy, or stylish, but that's not nearly as derisive as "pretty boy".
Growing up, the stylish, flashy street dudes always got tested MORE than the grimy dudes. They had to prove that they had heart. Brizz Rawsteen wouldn't be as popular if he looked like Ryda.

Anyway, I only think female appeal only helps the top stage performers.
I said this already, you can go back to my previous responses. And we'd have to put Conceited in that top performer box, right?

I can list which guys appearance helps and which guys it does nothing for, but I don't think TBZ is interested in that much detail. :yeshrug:
People already seem to be agitated that I upped the topic.

If it's that serious, I apologize to TBZ for upping a topic that they find off putting.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's fine

Im just saying there's only so many times you can use what OTHER people think as your talking point before it starts to look like a roundabout way to say what YOU think :manny: you do it alot when other subjects are brought up too which leads to arguments that didnt need to happen

It's because in many cases I'm arguing based off how I see people respond to things.
I don't have URL's business blueprint in my back pocket, I just pay attention to the way they do business. I would have no idea what women liked if I didn't pay attention to the way they respond to certain things.
Everything we post on here is up for debate. My perception of things doesn't always represent how people truly feel.
I won't engage if I feel a person is trolling, or being obtuse, but otherwise I don't take offense to my opinions being challenged.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reed had a main stage URL battle, never had a PG and was absolutely trash. nikka got bodied by TODD :mjlol:

Ness never had a PG, skipped all the way to a main stage battle and was trash. Got 3-0'd by DNA :mjlol:

Cyssero never had a PG, skipped straight to Cortez. Cys was trash and got 3-0'd.

All three of these guys' debuts on Smack were absolutely trash. They obviously weren't ready. So my question is this: is smack supposed to only make acceptions for rappers who have had some kind of name outside of battle rap? Even tho we've never seen them battle in the new era :jbhmm: And then when they hit the stage, they get killed, lose 3-0 and give trash performances:jbhmm:Tell me the logic behind this.

I know that Joe Budden, Canibus and Cassidy didn't debut battles on URL. But even the 3 of them were trash. They didn't go through "warm up" or "PG" battles.
B-Dot isn't really comparable to any of these cats though, you're reaching.

LOL @ really making a comparison with Cass, Canibus, and Joey.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
B-Dot isn't really comparable to any of these cats though, you're reaching.

LOL @ really making a comparison with Cass, Canibus, and Joey.

I'm not reaching at all. Do you honestly think that B Dot would have a worse performance than the rappers I listed :usure:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not reaching at all. Do you honestly think that B Dot would have a worse performance than the rappers I listed :usure:
It's not about that. Do you honestly think that those guys weren't considered of a different profile before their battles than B. Dot was?

There's no telling what B. Dot would or wouldn't do on the URL stage, but those guys you listed were essentially legends or at least extremely notable at the time or mainstream stars. B. Dot isn't any of that.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
It's not about that. Do you honestly think that those guys weren't considered of a different profile before their battles than B. Dot was?

There's no telling what B. Dot would or wouldn't do on the URL stage, but those guys you listed were essentially legends or at least extremely notable at the time or mainstream stars. B. Dot isn't any of that.
It is ultimately about "that" All that mainstream success/legendary status/notoriety essentially meant nothing in terms of their material and performance. They all got on stage and and laid a gatdamn egg. You know gatdamn well that B dot would do far better than the rappers I listed before. Stop being stubborn and dense bruh :comeon:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
It is ultimately about "that" All that mainstream success/legendary status/notoriety essentially meant nothing in terms of their material and performance. They all got on stage and and laid a gatdamn egg. You know gatdamn well that B dot would do far better than the rappers I listed before. Stop being stubborn and dense bruh :comeon:
But URL never said you get PGs when your first come in because you're not ready talent wise, they always say it's to build your profile (Meaning nobody knows you). You're using a faulty argument. Nobody is saying B Dot can't get on a URL stage and compete better than Cassidy, Reed, Diz etc. It's that his name isn't big enough for URL to abandon their philosophy. He doesn't have a big profile.

Those other guys you named are well known, and can draw because they have a significant fan base. B Dot does not. Only hardcore battle rap fans know who he is.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
But URL never said you get PGs when your first come in because you're not ready talent wise, they always say it's to build your profile (Meaning nobody knows you). You're using a faulty argument. Nobody is saying B Dot can't get on a URL stage and compete better than Cassidy, Reed, Diz etc. It's that his name isn't big enough for URL to abandon their philosophy. He doesn't have a big profile.

Those other guys you named are well known, and can draw because they have a significant fan base. B Dot does not. Only hardcore battle rap fans know who he is.

Hardcore battle rap fans really don't give a fukk about Joe Budden, Cass, Cys battling. If they never battle again, we wouldn't give a fukk.

There are so many battlers that have stood on a URL stage with the same amount of draw/fan base as B DOT.

I don't think some of y'all cats are getting what I'm saying. It's pretty sad that URL is willing to abandon their philosophy at the detriment of views :snoop: As long as you have a "name" then it doesn't matter if you get 3-0d and give shytty performances.
:francis:
So basically Bone Crusher, Mike Jones, MIMS, sage the Gemini, Dom Kennedy would be able to skip the PG's :francis: Makes no sense battle wise/culture wise.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
They go off of popularity more than skill tho, i cant think of anyone who had bdot level popularity who skipped the PG system, u gotta be beyond that

You talking about what it should be instead of what it is

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
They go off of popularity more than skill tho, i cant think of anyone who had bdot level popularity who skipped the PG system, u gotta be beyond that

You talking about what it should be instead of what it is

And there lies the problem :francis: The real fans get cheated and bamboozled

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Hardcore battle rap fans really don't give a fukk about Joe Budden, Cass, Cys battling. If they never battle again, we wouldn't give a fukk.

There are so many battlers that have stood on a URL stage with the same amount of draw/fan base as B DOT.

I don't think some of y'all cats are getting what I'm saying. It's pretty sad that URL is willing to abandon their philosophy at the detriment of views :snoop: As long as you have a "name" then it doesn't matter if you get 3-0d and give shytty performances.
:francis:
So basically Bone Crusher, Mike Jones, MIMS, sage the Gemini, Dom Kennedy would be able to skip the PG's :francis: Makes no sense battle wise/culture wise.

Battle rap fans care about those guys but more importantly people in general do, and the point is to get as many eyeballs to your product as possible.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong what URL does, I understand why, and I also understand why fans would have a problem with it, but I'm just saying that's the reality we're in now.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cyssero was still popular when it was announced he was gonna battle Cortez? Same with Reed?