Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You Math and Diz need to box each other on this celebrity boxing card. I'd pay to see that :popcorn:

I know this is hypothetical, but I doubt Diz would agree to it, unless it was a significant amount of money. At this point, he gets more satisfaction based on the fact that Math wants to put hands on him,and there's literally nothing Math can do about it.

I honestly hope Math never gets his closure on this.

I think Math-Serius is more realistic

I bet Tax would have a front row seat

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
I know this is hypothetical, but I doubt Diz would agree to it, unless it was a significant amount of money. At this point, he gets more satisfaction based on the fact that Math wants to put hands on him,and there's literally nothing Math can do about it.

They both would do it because it would be bigger than any pay day they ever had from battlerap.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Would Tax actually go in there and fight Math himself though? :usure:

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Found that Brizz Rawsteen fire that they were playing on Angryfan a few weeks ago

I remember @Delicious (I think) posted one of his songs a while back, it seemed a bit too Wu-ish and I couldn't get into it. But some of the joints on his new "Raw Tape 2" are pretty good, he sounds very polished now. The song I linked is off the original "Raw Tape", I think it's mostly freestyles.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Would Tax actually go in there and fight Math himself though? :usure:

Of course not, but he would watch the event.

I would throw in Tax vs Troy Ave.

Both Math and Tax have plenty of options for an event like this, including each other as opponents.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do yall think being better looking than your opponent give you the upperhand???? Remember when Big T killed Arthur and there was some obnoxious skank cheering for Arthur the whole time and gassing his bars??? Yall think she like that because she Arthur looked better than Big T??? There are other examples but this is the most recent one.

For the most part, no. It only seems to help if you have an A1 performance game. Battle rap crowds are probably like 5% female at best. It's what the 2000 era underground rap crowd was.
Guys like Serius Jones, Rich Dolarz, Prep and Fresco arguably get taken LESS seriously because their looks.

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
For the most part, no. It only seems to help if you have an A1 performance game. Battle rap crowds are probably like 5% female at best. It's what the 2000 era underground rap crowd was.
Guys like Serius Jones, Rich Dolarz, Prep and Fresco arguably get taken LESS seriously because their looks.
Why those guys? :skip:

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
@wizworld

Don't let URL fool you into thinking everyone goes through the training system

If memory serves me correct Charron also didn't have to do a PG

Facts. They booked him vs. Suge because the internet mostly found it funny at first. Lol. Originally a KOTD battle but I think Suge couldn't make it the first time and URL picked up the pieces and made it happen.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
This isn't a serious comparison is it?

Reed had a main stage URL battle, never had a PG and was absolutely trash. nikka got bodied by TODD :mjlol:

Ness never had a PG, skipped all the way to a main stage battle and was trash. Got 3-0'd by DNA :mjlol:

Cyssero never had a PG, skipped straight to Cortez. Cys was trash and got 3-0'd.

All three of these guys' debuts on Smack were absolutely trash. They obviously weren't ready. So my question is this: is smack supposed to only make acceptions for rappers who have had some kind of name outside of battle rap? Even tho we've never seen them battle in the new era :jbhmm: And then when they hit the stage, they get killed, lose 3-0 and give trash performances:jbhmm:Tell me the logic behind this.

I know that Joe Budden, Canibus and Cassidy didn't debut battles on URL. But even the 3 of them were trash. They didn't go through "warm up" or "PG" battles.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@wizworld

Don't let URL fool you into thinking everyone goes through the training system

If memory serves me correct Charron also didn't have to do a PG

Charron was already a star & he had already done the UDUBB stage which is relatively close to what you'd expect from a URL crowd. Like @Ardamus said the match-up wasn't their idea, but it ended up being something that they threw on the SM warm-up card. If you notice Charron hasn't been invited back despite getting a seemingly positive reception. Charron has said out of his own mouth that Smack isn't interested in bringing him back. Smack doesn't even want Tay Roc to battle Charron on UDUBB.

The contracts are getting longer, the rules seem to be getting stricter.

Diz, Daylyt & Pass didn't do PGs either, but we aren't going to pretend like B. Dot is on their level of battle rap fame, are we? And it doesn't look like Smack is knocking down any of those guys doors to come back....