The Official 2024 MLB Season Thread

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So things just got interesting.
A week into the season the Twins lost DeSclafani for the year and Royce Lewis is out for at least a month.

This is a golden opportunity for the Tigers and Guardians.
For the record,

I don't think the Tigers have a chance in hell of getting a wild card spot.
What COULD HAPPEN is that the Twins are so injured or so bad, that Detroit ekes out the AL Central title.

While I think Cleveland has a real star in Jose Ramirez and Kansas City has a borderline MVP-caliber player in Bobby Witt Jr, those teams overall won't be very strong. Better than Detroit? Yeah. Probably. But I'd say they're all in the hunt if Minnesota stumbles hard.

Posts from earlier in the season

I don't claim to have seen this coming. But I thought there was a small possibility.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You would think Ohtani becomes even more valuable next season as he returns to the rotation.

But it's hard to know how effective he will be.

And how much value will the Dodgers get out of him considering that neither the organization, nor Dave Roberts himself, have given their pitchers a long leash?

Blame injuries if you want but no Dodgers pitcher will hit 200 innings this year. And only Walker Buehler has done so since 2016.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I really hope the twins choke

Tired of them making the playoffs then getting eliminated right away

Want to see Detroit get in.. I don’t think anyone got more than 65 RBIs on that squad
fukk that. Yankees need the Twins to make magic in the wild card round

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
while there have been teams that have hit some combination of grand slams and 3 run Homer's, this is the first time, a team has hit 4 3 run homers in the same game.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Al central sucks but they’re about to have 3 of the 6 teams in the postseason :ohhh:

Most likely Cuz of the white sox , tigers 9-1,royals 12-1 & the twins 12-1 vs them.
Most of MLB is trash. It's 28 mid teams plus the Phillies and Dodgers.

The Tigers have a team OPS of .686 and they look unstoppable. :dead: