The Official 2024 MLB Season Thread

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Already paid Colt Keith and he's looking like a first baseman masquerading as a 2B. I'd like Willy Adames and a legit, power hitting 1B this winter. I would take Pete Alonso or Christian Walker if the price tag wasn't crazy.
I wouldn't overspend on Pete.

If Walker's available, sure. If not, bet on Torkelson getting right in his age 26 season.

1B Torkelson
2B Torres
SS Baez
3B Keith

or

1B Torkelson
2B Baez
SS Adames
3B Keith

Actually I'd rank Santander over any of these guys in terms of guys to add.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I wouldn't overspend on Pete.

If Walker's available, sure. If not, bet on Torkelson getting right in his age 26 season.

1B Torkelson
2B Torres
SS Baez
3B Keith

or

1B Torkelson
2B Baez
SS Adames
3B Keith

Actually I'd rank Santander over any of these guys in terms of guys to add.
I wouldn't mind him either. Team needs at least one legit 30-40 HR guy in the lineup.

They can't go into next season depending on Tork again.

Baez should not be on the roster next year either. Just send him home. It's not a coincidence they started this run the day after his season was over.

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
They were dead in the water a month ago. This doesn't make any sense. Their hitting with RISP is absurd.

I'm a little worried that ownership/Harris is gonna use this run as an excuse to sit on their hands this winter.

If they added a couple legitimate bats to go with this pitching, they could really be cooking.

I think the Tigers will spend this offseason. I was ok with not spending last off season. We were still developing the young prospects and now we know what we have.

I would give Torkelson one more year. He's been OK since he came back. A mental break will be good for him and then just work on his shortcomings.

We stuck with Baez. Only thing we can hope is the injury is severe and he can't play anymore and insurance pays his salary.

I'm not high on Jung and we have 3 players in the minors that can play his position. I'd flip him in the off season for someone.

I could see us going after Bregman since he has the relationship with Hinch but only if it's reasonable.

Harris has done a good job. He botched last year with trading Eduardo Rodriguez but he has stockpiled our farm system with talent were Avila had it in shambles

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
They were dead in the water a month ago. This doesn't make any sense. Their hitting with RISP is absurd.

I'm a little worried that ownership/Harris is gonna use this run as an excuse to sit on their hands this winter.

If they added a couple legitimate bats to go with this pitching, they could really be cooking.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is somewhat shocking to me, because I have a pessimistic view of the Yankees roster, but according to Fangraphs' Playoff Odds projections, as of September 18, the Yankees have the highest chance of winning the World Series:

Yankees: 18.7%
Dodgers: 14.7%
Phillies: 14.1%

Make of that what you will...

Spence

Superstar
Daps
This is somewhat shocking to me, because I have a pessimistic view of the Yankees roster, but according to Fangraphs' Playoff Odds projections, as of September 18, the Yankees have the highest chance of winning the World Series:

Yankees: 18.7%
Dodgers: 14.7%
Phillies: 14.1%

Make of that what you will...
Still have to get past us :troll:

TrillaMonsoon

Fun God
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nation Of Fun
@god shamgod i watched the Rose Rotation interview with PCA, rooting for that kid :wow:

he seems like a good guy and got a good head on his shoulders. Gave some very insightful answers about his career and learning how to play outfield at this level. Great listen

I'm kinda conflicted, tbh.

Their owner and GM are cheap as fukk. I'm afraid they might use this as an excuse to do nothing this offseason again.

Twins fans hoping to miss the playoffs for the same reason :mjlol:

Don't want these cheap ass owners thinking they can cut payroll, make one trade at the deadline who they DFA 2 weeks later and still make the playoffs :beli:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
@god shamgod i watched the Rose Rotation interview with PCA, rooting for that kid :wow:

he seems like a good guy and got a good head on his shoulders. Gave some very insightful answers about his career and learning how to play outfield at this level. Great listen

Twins fans hoping to miss the playoffs for the same reason :mjlol:

Don't want these cheap ass owners thinking they can cut payroll, make one trade at the deadline who they DFA 2 weeks later and still make the playoffs :beli:
that's because the Guardians are the new A's/Rays in that they don't spend outside of J-Ram and still win.

When did the AL Central become the poverty division?