PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
No, my solution that I've said over and over would be for good teams to actually book a meaningful schedule so that there was a legitimate basis of comparison. At least 9 in-conference games plus two other Big 5 teams would be a good start.

With conference expansion you will see more conference games (SEC already plays 8, Big 10 is at 9, Big 12 is at 7-8 depending on the team). By the way, FCS schools are going to continue to be scheduled by FBS schools because it’s an important part of how those schools makes their athletic department budges every year so your plan won’t work

Doing it in one ranking is meaningless if you're already biasing voters by pushing other officials rankings long before then. All y'all keeping talking about Kentucky's ranking and trying to use it to prove how big Georgia's win is, when Kentucky ain't shyt. That's the perfect example of why it's counterproductive.

Oh so the truth finally comes out :mjlol: “Kentucky ain’t shyt” Go head breh, explain to everyone what metrics or statistics you used to arrive at that conclusion. I’ll wait

As a reflection of the fact that both hadn't done anything. Not as a measure of how good they are. You're still confusing the two.

Nobody is watching college football and ranking teams in a vacuum like this. No one is confused except for you

That's literally everything teams are ranked on right now, so WTF are you talking about? :russ:

So you’re proposing the same criteria for judging teams that you’re also criticizing? :dwillhuh: do you hear yourself? I quoted it to show you how much of a hypocrite and dishonest you’ve been this entire discussion

I think a team's ranking should solely be based on their performance this season, nothing else. But when evaluating their performance, I think you can take into account other factors when determining how big a win it is. Do you think a win over undefeated Liberty should count as much to voters as a win over undefeated Georgia?

I’m not playing these weird hypotheticals with you breh. This started because of you deliberate and misguided bias against a ranked & undefeated Kentucky team that you just acknowledged “ain’t shyt” when in actuality they were and are a good team and despite getting their ass beat still remain ranked. That doesn’t happen to bad teams, but good teams get the benefit of the doubt.

Breh, you're the one who has had to be told over and over again by three different people that you didn't understand the argument. Don't use your own poor reading comprehension to calling someone else's opinion "ramblings".

You trying to dictate who can discuss football when you still think coaches vote in the AP poll. :snoop:

You’re right, I made an honest mistake :manny: like debating you for most of the day when your blatant hypocrisy and bias has been obvious from your first post.

You were in your feelings that I as a UGA fan was proud of a victory over a good team UK team and your bias and perception against UK couldn’t allow you to give me or the Dawgs credit for a good win. You’ve been spinning that simple truth into some other shyt for the past few pages and the shyt is annoying asf :camby:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Alabama, LSU, Kentucky, Florida, Arkansas, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, and Georgia have combined for zero out-of-conference P5 wins this season. I actually thought it was a couple more than that, but still awful.

You claim to be a USC fan and yet I know more about USC than you do?

2006 USC schedule: OOC was Arkansas, Nebraska, and Notre Dame
2008 USC schedule: OOC was Virginia, Ohio State, and Notre Dame
2011 USC schedule: OOC was Minnesota, Syracuse, and Notre Dame

Other times they'll schedule a top-rate Group of 5 squad as the last OOC team rather than a Power 5 squad, which is just as good. There's a big difference between scheduling some shytty MAC squad that never does anything, and scheduling a team like Boise State or Fresno State that's regularly ranked and gives P5 teams a run for their money.

2014 USC schedule: OOC was Boise State, Boston College, and Notre Dame
2019 USC schedule: OOC was Fresno State, BYU, and Notre Dame

And they're not the only one that does that. For example, in 2009 Oregon scheduled Boise State, Purdue, and Utah. Utah had been an undefeated 13-0 the year before with wins over Michigan, Oregon State, and Alabama in the Sugar Bowl (their 5th consecutive season winning their bowl game). Boise State went 14-0 that season with wins over Oregon and TCU in the Fiesta Bowl (their 2nd Fiesta Bowl win in 4 years).

When would you EVER see an SEC team schedule a squad like Fresno State or Boise State as their "easiest" OOC match? They would NEVER do that, they would NEVER even schedule a team like that as their 2nd-easiest OOC and most SEC teams would be shook to schedule them as their 3rd-easiest game.

So are you going to apologize for calling me a liar, and just admit that I might know college football a little better than you do?
Oh I see we moving goalposts now. Now its OOC P5 wins vs just P5 wins.

And yeah I'll admit I was wrong, I forgot we had a few years where we had two OOC P5 opponents on top of Notre Dame. How many other Pac 12 schools have done that though? That's an anomaly. How many other P12 schools actually have a protected P5 rival aside from us?

I don't even get your point for the most part tbh though. We saw what happened when Georgia scheduled your team:

We saw what happened when Georgia played a 12-1 TCU team in the title game....

Georgia would smoke 95% of the teams in the country. Whining about their schedule when they don't control it is just dumb though because like I said had the SEC not cancelled the OU game you wouldn't be saying any of this.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Oh I see we moving goalposts now. Now its OOC P5 wins vs just P5 wins.

That isn't moving the goalposts, we've only been discussing OOC since the beginning. :dahell:

And yeah I'll admit I was wrong, I forgot we had a few years where we had two OOC P5 opponents on top of Notre Dame. How many other Pac 12 schools have done that though? That's an anomaly. How many other P12 schools actually have a protected P5 rival aside from us?

Talk about moving the goalposts. :mjlol:

I already proved it for YOUR team, and I showed where my team (Oregon) had done effectively the same thing, I'm not going to waste my time going through every Pac-12 schedule. But Stanford came to mind first, because they rarely schedule more than 1 OOC cupcake, and sure enough:

2021 Stanford OOC: Kansas State, Vanderbilt, and Notre Dame

It never happens though, right? You were so sure of that, and I've already proven it happened for the first 3 teams I thought of.

I've given multiple examples where the WORST team on a Pac-12 OOC schedule was an SEC team lol. And I could list dozens of seasons where Pac-12 teams only scheduled one cupcake. So why does every team in the SEC need to schedule at least 2-3 OOC cupcakes?

Silkk

Daps
That isn't moving the goalposts, we've only been discussing OOC since the beginning. :dahell:

Talk about moving the goalposts. :mjlol:

I already proved it for YOUR team, and I showed where my team (Oregon) had done effectively the same thing, I'm not going to waste my time going through every Pac-12 schedule. But Stanford came to mind first, because they rarely schedule more than 1 OOC cupcake, and sure enough:

2021: Stanford scheduled Kansas State, Vanderbilt, and Notre Dame

It never happens though, right? You were so sure of that, and I've already proven it happened for the first 3 teams I thought of.

I've given multiple examples where the WORST team on a Pac-12 OOC schedule was an SEC team lol. And I could list dozens of seasons where Pac-12 teams only scheduled one cupcake. So why does every team in the SEC need to schedule at least 2-3?
Georgia coming off back to back titles...

Maybe if them stupid MFs followed suit we'd have at least one team with a title the past 20 years and the conference wouldn't be disappearing next year :manny:

Now you tell me who won :pachaha:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Maybe if them stupid MFs followed suit we'd have at least one team with a title the past 20 years and the conference wouldn't be disappearing next year :manny:

Now you tell me who won

Looks like I won, considering you had to resort to a bad faith circular argument again. :pachaha:

If elite SEC teams had scheduled 9 in-conference matchups and limited themselves to one cupcake OOC every year, you're right that they wouldn't have had nearly as many title game appearances or wins. Because of the SEC bias, they can schedule a shytty OOC lineup and still get the benefit of the doubt in rankings and selection. That's the whole problem I'm highlighting.

Pac-12 gets screwed because they can schedule harder than the SEC and STILL be ranked lower solely off of perception. College football has by far the most biased championship structure of any major sport - there isn't any other game where so much depends on what old white guys who have nothing to do with your team think about it while they sit at home in their offices.

Silkk

Daps
Looks like I won, considering you had to resort to a bad faith circular argument again. :pachaha:
I'm drunk now breh. I could give a fukk at this point.

Should've responded 5 hours ago :manny:

You can't argue your points either way though. You keep trying to spin them as someone being wrong or act like we should know exactly what you mean when your words say otherwise.

I'm man enough to admit when i'm wrong though. If you not then cool....

Silkk

Daps

If elite SEC teams had scheduled 9 in-conference matchups and limited themselves to one cupcake OOC every year, you're right that they wouldn't have had nearly as many title game appearances or wins. Because of the SEC bias, they can schedule a shytty OOC lineup and still get the benefit of the doubt in rankings and selection. That's the whole problem I'm highlighting.

Pac-12 gets screwed because they can schedule harder than the SEC and STILL be ranked lower solely off of perception. College football has by far the most biased championship structure of any major sport - there isn't any other game where so much depends on what old white guys who have nothing to do with your team think about it while they sit at home in their offices.
This is what I mean. I literally never said this.

In fact I said that Georgia would run 95% of teams off the field, So you're just making things up to fit your narrative.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I'm drunk now breh. I could give a fukk at this point.

Should've responded 5 hours ago :manny:

You can't argue your points either way though. You keep trying to spin them as someone being wrong or act like we should know exactly what you mean when your words say otherwise.

I'm man enough to admit when i'm wrong though. If you not then cool....

Just 19 minutes ago you moved the goalposts and challenged me to name another team even after I'd already proven you wrong. I did it. Instead of admitting you were wrong again, you ignore the answer and post this bullshyt?

It's pretty obvious y'all don't even give a shyt about the football system, you just want to try to win an internet argument. Getting drunk just to post on the Coli some weirdo shyt.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
This is what I mean. I literally never said this.

In fact I said that Georgia would run 95% of teams off the field, So you're just making things up to fit your narrative.

You straight up said:

So you're saying that if the Pac-12 had scheduled like the SEC, then the Pac-12 would have more titles....but now you want to say that the SEC wouldn't have fewer titles? You do realize that there's a fixed # of slots and if the Pac-12 is getting into more title games, then the SEC is almost certainly going to be in fewer title games, right?

Silkk

Daps
Just 19 minutes ago you moved the goalposts and challenged me to name another team even after I'd already proven you wrong. I did it. Instead of admitting you were wrong again, you ignore the answer and post this bullshyt?

It's pretty obvious y'all don't even give a shyt about the football system, you just want to try to win an internet argument. Getting drunk just to post on the Coli some weirdo shyt.
Nicca I got drunk cause im out with a girl im talking to and about to hit :heh:

If everything you were whining about made sense then Oregon would have a title. They don't though. And never will.

Silkk

Daps
You straight up said:

So you're saying that if the Pac-12 had scheduled like the SEC, then the Pac-12 would have more titles....but now you want to say that the SEC wouldn't have fewer titles? You do realize that there's a fixed # of slots and if the Pac-12 is getting into more title games, then the SEC is almost certainly going to be in fewer title games, right?
Now you just being stupid. All good though.

Silkk

Daps
Alabama and Georgia would smack 99% of the teams in the nation the past 10 years(aside from a few LSU & Clemson teams). If you can't see/say that @Rhakim then cool we don't need to talk anymore.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Nicca I got drunk cause im out with a girl im talking to and about to hit :heh:

Why would you want to get drunk before you hit? Just draw a face on a paper bag and have her wear it if she's that ugly. :russ:

And if you're about to hit, then why have you responded 9 times in the last 15 minutes. :dahell:

If everything you were whining about made sense then Oregon would have a title. They don't though. And never will.

Goddamn this circular shyt again. You clearly don't understand the argument at all.

SEC teams can schedule shytty and still get into the NCG due to SEC bias. Pac-12 teams can schedule tough, leading to more losses, and their SOS still doesn't get the same respect....to the point that even when they WIN those tough OOC games they're often ranked lower than an east coast team that beat inferior OOC opponents.

You and the Georgia fan keep going in circles.

Silkk

Daps
@AVXL You p*ssy ass nikkas had better have scheduled Ball St and Samford or yall might not have them titles the past two years

scott-hall-spooky-fingers.gif

Even though yall scheduled Clemson to open the season and had to beat Bama, LSU, Ohio State, and Michigan to get them :unimpressed:

Silkk

Daps
Why would you want to get drunk before you hit? Just draw a face on a paper bag and have her wear it if she's that ugly. :russ:

And if you're about to hit, then why have you responded to me 6 times in the last 15 minutes. :dahell:

Goddamn this circular shyt again. You clearly don't understand the argument at all.

SEC teams can schedule shytty and still get into the NCG due to SEC bias. Pac-12 teams can schedule tough, leading to more losses, and their SOS still doesn't get the same respect....to the point that even when they WIN those tough SEC games they're often ranked lower than an east coast team that beat inferior OOC opponents.

You and the Georgia fan keep going in circles.
Yeah....I see what we doing now :yawn:

Georgia got two titles on their way to their 3rd while you whining and crying online about it :yawn: