• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
At one time people thought Matt Campbell was doing more with less and the whole time he had NFL players on his team. Guess he believed the hype too since he didn't get out of there when he could have.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I hope it happens. There's undoubtedly gonna be a year in the near future where there are 3 or more 1 loss teams in the Big 10/SEC. Can't wait to see how they deal with that and deciding who goes to the title game.

Because in a 12 team playoff format, I wouldn't give af about playing in a title game :manny:
SEC chip = National chip

this won’t change

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
You nikkas getting brought to the brink by white Michael Vick got you writing thinkpieces about beating Kentucky man :smh:

I told you about not acknowledging us properly clown boy :umad: Also don’t forget that it’s 7 straight L’s, you gotta ask permission before you message me :umad:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Last week TN fell in the AP College Football Poll despite stomping South Carolina into the ground, but we move up this week despite it being a bye week for us. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy we moved up, but it makes me wonder who works at the AP College Poll.

ababababa2.jpg

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Last week TN fell in the AP College Football Poll despite stomping South Carolina into the ground, but we move up this week despite it being a bye week for us. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy we moved up, but it makes me wonder who works at the AP College Poll.

ababababa2.jpg
The voting for the AP poll is public breh.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Ok so let me get this straight:

-Your solution is to rank teams until after week 6-7

No, my solution that I've said over and over would be for good teams to actually book a meaningful schedule so that there was a legitimate basis of comparison. At least 9 in-conference games plus two other Big 5 teams would be a good start.

(this might come as a surprise but they already that in this thing called…drumroll please…The College Football Playoff Rankings!)

Doing it in one ranking is meaningless if you're already biasing voters by pushing other officials rankings long before then. All y'all keeping talking about Kentucky's ranking and trying to use it to prove how big Georgia's win is, when Kentucky ain't shyt. That's the perfect example of why it's counterproductive.

-In your world, you would’ve been ok with UK being ranked similar to UGA coming in

As a reflection of the fact that both hadn't done anything. Not as a measure of how good they are. You're still confusing the two.

-and then the rest of your fantasy league nonsense is a combination of perception, past performance, recent performance and whatever other bullshyt you throw at the wall and hopes sticks to evaluate teams week to week

That's literally everything teams are ranked on right now, so WTF are you talking about? :russ:

I think a team's ranking should solely be based on their performance this season, nothing else. But when evaluating their performance, I think you can take into account other factors when determining how big a win it is. Do you think a win over undefeated Liberty should count as much to voters as a win over undefeated Georgia?

Please step away from discussing football breh. You’re confused and your ramblings do nothing to help evaluate quality teams

Breh, you're the one who has had to be told over and over again by three different people that you didn't understand the argument. Don't use your own poor reading comprehension to calling someone else's opinion "ramblings".

You trying to dictate who can discuss football when you still think coaches vote in the AP poll. :snoop:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
What you consider “weak” or a “cupcake” is subjective and is your opinion. Those big OOC games are booked years in advance. You cant just snap your fingers and set one against a top 10 like its a video game.

That's a disingenuous argument. SEC's schedule this year has been so weak that 80% of the squads haven't beaten a single Big 5 team. It's not subjective to say, "Scheduling a bunch of FCS teams and bottom-feeders from the MAC, American, and CUSA conferences doesn't make for a tough schedule."

So in most cases their schedules only leave room to play one other big OOC team to start the season which they usually do.

Since they only play 8 games in-conference, why wouldn't they have room to schedule 2-3 other Big 5 squads? You're assuming that SEC teams have to schedule at minimum 2 OOC cupcakes (meaning FCS or bottom-tier MAC/American/CUSA) every year. Why is that, when several Pac-12 teams only schedule 1 (and some years zero)? Plus, in the SEC it's basically a requirement that every team have a meaningless FCS game on the schedule, while only half the Pac-12 teams do that. FCS games shouldn't even count.

In the SEC, teams can schedule up to 4 OOC cupcakes, usually schedule 3, and a few squads limit themselves to 2.
In the Pac-12, teams can only schedule 3 OOC cupcakes, usually schedule 2, and a few squads limit themselves to 1 or 0.

That's the objective difference between their schedules.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
That's a disingenuous argument. SEC's schedule this year has been so weak that 80% of the squads haven't beaten a single Big 5 team. It's not subjective to say, "Scheduling a bunch of FCS teams and bottom-feeders from the MAC, American, and CUSA conferences doesn't make for a tough schedule."

Since they only play 8 games in-conference, why wouldn't they have room to schedule 2-3 other Big 5 squads? You're assuming that SEC teams have to schedule at minimum 2 OOC cupcakes (meaning FCS or bottom-tier MAC/American/CUSA) every year. Why is that, when several Pac-12 teams only schedule 1 (and some years zero)? Plus, in the SEC it's basically a requirement that every team have a meaningless FCS game on the schedule, while only half the Pac-12 teams do that. FCS games shouldn't even count.

In the SEC, teams can schedule up to 4 OOC cupcakes, usually schedule 3, and a few squads limit themselves to 2.
In the Pac-12, teams can only schedule 3 OOC cupcakes, usually schedule 2, and a few squads limit themselves to 1 or 0.

That's the objective difference between their schedules.
You're trying to say 80% of SEC teams haven't beaten a P5 team? :leostare:

You're on here just lying now, There has NEVER been a Pac 12 team or any P5 team to not schedule at least one G5/D2 team and play nothing but P5 teams. The only team that may have ever done that would be Notre Dame.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You're trying to say 80% of SEC teams haven't beaten a P5 team? :leostare:

Alabama, LSU, Kentucky, Florida, Arkansas, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, and Georgia have combined for zero out-of-conference P5 wins this season. I actually thought it was a couple more than that, but still awful.

You're on here just lying now, There has NEVER been a Pac 12 team or any P5 team to not schedule at least one G5/D2 team and play nothing but P5 teams. The only team that may have ever done that would be Notre Dame.

You claim to be a USC fan and yet I know more about USC than you do?

2006 USC schedule: OOC was Arkansas, Nebraska, and Notre Dame
2008 USC schedule: OOC was Virginia, Ohio State, and Notre Dame
2011 USC schedule: OOC was Minnesota, Syracuse, and Notre Dame

Other times they'll schedule a top-rate Group of 5 squad as the last OOC team rather than a Power 5 squad, which is just as good. There's a big difference between scheduling some shytty MAC squad that never does anything, and scheduling a team like Boise State or Fresno State that's regularly ranked and gives P5 teams a run for their money.

2014 USC schedule: OOC was Boise State, Boston College, and Notre Dame
2019 USC schedule: OOC was Fresno State, BYU, and Notre Dame

And they're not the only one that does that. For example, in 2009 Oregon scheduled Boise State, Purdue, and Utah. Utah had been an undefeated 13-0 the year before with wins over Michigan, Oregon State, and Alabama in the Sugar Bowl (their 5th consecutive season winning their bowl game). Boise State went 14-0 that season with wins over Oregon and TCU in the Fiesta Bowl (their 2nd Fiesta Bowl win in 4 years).

When would you EVER see an SEC team schedule a squad like Fresno State or Boise State as their "easiest" OOC match? They would NEVER do that, they would NEVER even schedule a team like that as their 2nd-easiest OOC and most SEC teams would be shook to schedule them as their 3rd-easiest game.

So are you going to apologize for calling me a liar, and just admit that I might know college football a little better than you do?

Last edited: