The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Assuming it's real, you just spent almost 15 minutes finding that and it's a GROSS payments, not net. Meaning you could have been operating at a loss for all we know. :mjlol:

So far your excuses for losing this argument have been:

* "But I'm drunk!"
* "But I'm on a date and about to get laid!"
* "But I make $500k a year!"
* "But Oregon lost that one game to Georgia!"

Anything to not talk about the topic. :mjlol:

You don't believe me, how about you hear it from an SEC coach himself. Watch this clip from 16:46 to 24:18. Are you gonna claim Jimbo doesn't know college football either?

Im not doing all that shyt breh, Niccas on here know where im at now in 2023 :manny:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Its hilarious how much I've made off your team in the past calendar year than you've made total off your career the past year you clown ass bytch :mjlol:

Screen-Shot-2023-10-09-at-1-38-27-AM.png

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
That's the THIRD time you've tried to use that same bad faith argument.

In that game Georgia was the defending champs playing at home against a team in literally its first game with a new coach, new quarterback, and transfer loss due to coaching change. fukking horrible argument. No one expected Oregon to be a title contender in a rebuilding year with a new coach, and no one expected them to be competitive on the road in their very first game which is why there was a nearly 20 point betting spread.

Good time to point out that SEC schools regularly schedule 3 OOC games at home (or virtually at home), something most Pac-12 teams never, ever do.

Now you're claiming that the same school who was down 11 to South Carolina at halftime and needed a last-minute touchdown to beat Auburn....would "beat the brakes" off of this year's Oregon squad?

These terrible SEC schedules have you thinking that Oregon is just another Kentucky. :mjlol:
Would rep you if I could, great post. Bo Nix would put the fear of God in them balsa teeth having jobbers.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
We've seen Oregon matched up against LSU, Auburn, and Georgia...

Hell we've seen Stanford and Shaw take yall down at yall most potent. If yall were that good then yall would have beat them and have at least 2 titles the past two decades, Yall don't even have one.

So what are we really talking about here.......?

Nygga you implying Chip teams are now..

Actually Chip teams remind me of yall.

All style points and no defense. Thats what Chip was..

We just hired IMO the best pure coach we ever had. The team is being built like how GA was. Taking safeties and putting weight on them and making them fast linebackers. The Lines are better. We huddle now. We have higher rated players than chip had. Chip was doing it with 3 star players. It was a talent gap.

Dont judge my team off some shyt years ago.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Nygga you implying Chip teams are now..

Actually Chip teams remind me of yall.

All style points and no defense. Thats what Chip was..

We just hired IMO the best pure coach we ever had. The team is being built like how GA was. Taking safeties and putting weight on them and making them fast linebackers. The Lines are better. We huddle now. We have higher rated players than chip had. Chip was doing it with 3 star players. It was a talent gap.

Dont judge my team off some shyt years ago.

That's selling those teams a bit short. They were low on defensive talent but they had good schemes and played hard. Went up against a Cam/Dyer combination that had averaged 40+ppg in their SEC conference games, and then held that squad below 20 until they broke one of the luckiest plays in NCG history (plus wrist was down). Against Ohio State in the Rose Bowl, Kansas State in the Fiesta Bowl, Texas in the Alamo Bowl, and Florida State in the Fiesta Bowl, the defense played somewhere between good and great, especially considering the personnel.

Looking at those offenses though, the lack of talent is striking in retrospect. Here are the skill positions for the 2011 NCG against Auburn

QB Darron Thomas - undrafted, never played
RB LaMichael James - drafted 2nd round in a huge mistake, only gained 193 yards in the pros for his career
RB Kenjon Barner - drafted 6th round, only gained 403 yards in the pros for his career
WR Jeff Maehl - undrafted, bounced around practice squads
WR Lavasier Tuinei - undrafted, bounced around practice squads
WR Drew Davis - undrafted, only had 256 career receiving yards
TE David Paulson - drafted 7th round, only had 153 career receiving yards

There wasn't a single legitimate NFL talent on the field and they still came one play away from going to overtime in the title game.