The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I’m glad that my reply met your satisfaction. So double digit wins over mediocre opponents aren’t a good indicator of if a team is good or not. Got it. Thanks Ed
I didn't say that.

Stretching the quality of those teams to make kentucky seem like a powerhouse or something is fugazi. Michigan has had an easy schedule but they've absolutely dismantled those teams and have improved along the way.

Why are you taking this shyt so weirdly. I didn't even say the name of your school. Like...why would I go so hard to defend Nebraska the way you are Kentucky?

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Kentucky's OOC wins:

Ball State, a 1-5 MAC squad
UAC, a 2-3 FCS team
Akron, a 1-5 MAC squad

Tennessee's OOC wins:

Virginia, a 1-5 ACC squad
Austin Peay, an FCS team
UTSA, a 2-3 American squad

Florida's OOC wins:

McNeese, an FCS team
Charlotte, a 1-4 American squad

Arkansas's OOC wins:

Western Carolina, an FCS team
Kent State, a 1-5 MAC squad

Texas A&M's OOC wins:

New Mexico, a 2-3 Mountain West squad
UL Monroe, a 2-3 Sun Belt squad

Alabama's OOC wins:

Middle Tennessee, a 1-5 CUSA squad
South Florida, a 3-3 American squad

LSU's OOC wins:

Grambling, an FCS squad

Auburn's OOC wins:

Massachusetts, a 1-6 independent
Cal, a 3-3 Pac-12 squad
Samford, an FCS team

Vandy's OOC wins:

Hawaii, a 2-4 Mountain West squad
Alabama A&M, an FCS team

South Carolina's OOC wins:

Furman, an FCS team

Ole Miss's OOC wins:

Mercer, an FCS team
Tulane, a 4-1 American squad
Georgia Tech, a 3-3 ACC squad

Missouri's OOC wins:

South Dakota, an FCS team
Middle Tennessee, a 1-5 CUSA squad
Kansas State, a 3-2 Big-12 squad
Memphis, a 4-1 American squad

Miss State's OOC wins:

SE Louisiana, an 0-6 FCS team
Arizona, a 3-3 Pac-12 squad
Western Michigan, a 2-4 MAC squad

Georgia's OOC wins:

UT Martin, an FCS team
Ball State, a 1-5 MAC squad
UAB, a 2-4 American squad

That's your ENTIRE conference's resume right now. Your ENTIRE conference has beaten....wait for it....ONE Big-5 team with a winning record. :russ:

fukk Big-5, let's look at all of FBS. Your entire conference of 14 teams has only beaten TWO other FBS teams with winning records.:laff:

SEC has played over 40 OOC games and yet your five best OOC wins so far are Kansas State, Tulane, Arizona, Georgia Tech, and Memphis. :dead:

So why does the SEC currently have 6 teams in the AP poll when coaches presumably have access to the same information? :lupe: Why would UK have even been ranked if all of this mattered?

Please inform us

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
So why does the SEC currently have 6 teams in the AP poll when coaches presumably have access to the same information? :lupe: Why would UK have even been ranked if all of this mattered?

Please inform us
This isn't my argument but, frst, you don't even know what poll is what lol.

Second, you again cite the rankings when it's exactly the point...it's conference bias. A win over a 20th ranked kentucky team seems better than a win over unranked Iowa with the same record.

It's whatever honestly, but you're proving him right by going directly to the rankings.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Please inform us

You do realize you just made a circular argument, right? You can't use the # of SEC teams ranked in the AP poll to prove that the SEC isn't overrated in the AP poll. :mjlol:

Also, coaches don't vote in the AP poll, which shows how informed you are on this subject. :francis:

Polls are biased because most people let reputation heavily influence their vote. The SEC has created an "image" of having a hard schedule, so a 3-2 LSU team can be ranked, even if their three wins were against teams so bad they were virtually worthless, while teams with fewer losses and far better wins are on the outside looking in. Combine that with the fact that most voters are concentrated in the east, and it's way easier for them to watch and root for teams on the east coast schedule, and you have a recipe for a distorted result.

It's always been this way. Remember back in 2000 when 10-1 Washington was shut out of the NCG, even though they'd beaten #2 Miami and #5 OSU and their only loss was to #8 UO......and instead 10-1 Florida State made the title game, even though their best win was over #15 Georgia Tech and they'd lost to the exact same Miami squad that Washington had beat?

That makes zero sense unless you understand voter bias.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I didn't say that.

Stretching the quality of those teams to make kentucky seem like a powerhouse or something is fugazi. Michigan has had an easy schedule but they've absolutely dismantled those teams and have improved along the way.

Why are you taking this shyt so weirdly. I didn't even say the name of your school. Like...why would I go so hard to defend Nebraska the way you are Kentucky?
Y’all lost to fukking TCU after having a month to prepare. Dominating inferior competition isn’t indicative of anything

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Y’all lost to fukking TCU after having a month to prepare. Dominating inferior competition isn’t indicative of anything

go-on-popcorn.gif

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

They also dominated Ohio State and Penn State, two legitimate top-10 squads. Did you even beat a ranked team before bowl season? If you had just managed to slip by an 8-4 LSU team, you could have slid right into that playoff on reputation alone despite not having beaten a single Top-20 opponent.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
They also dominated Ohio State and Penn State, two legitimate top-10 squads. Did you even beat a ranked team before bowl season? If you had just managed to slip by an 8-4 LSU team, you could have slid right into that playoff on reputation alone despite not having beaten a single Top-20 opponent.
I don’t see where I said Bama had a better resume than Michigan. I said Michigan is embarrassing

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Obviously they didn't prepare well :manny:

So in the past few replies we learned
  • Polls don't matter
  • Wins vs inferior competition doesn't matter (but you get to choose who is superior and who is inferior based on your own head canon)
  • Losses are bad only if you think the team is bad
  • 5-1 in the sec is good even if you've beat nobody, but the same does not apply to other conferences
  • Michigan shouldn't be ranked because they haven't beat anyone
  • But Georgia is a rightful #1 because reasons
  • Nothing matters unless it helps your team's perception
By these sliding metrics Oklahoma should be the #1 team in america, right?