The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
So this is what we’re doing now? Ok cool

So Kentucky was 5-0, ranked 20th in the nation coming in with double digit wins in each of its 5 games including 2 SEC opponents. Currently ranked #23 so a majority of coaches in America think they are among the top 25 teams in the nation but let y’all tell it is mediocre
You see why ranking bad sec teams helps these arguments? I havent watched kentucky this year, which is why i legit asked instead of saying they suck. On paper they haven’t done anything impressive whatsoever, so the “theyre a good team” label seemed questionable. Its clear it is in you interest for them to be a good team.

Iowa is 5-1 with multiple double digit wins including 2 big ten opponents too. :unimpressed:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
:hubie:most of the SEC teams have had a dog shyt schedule thus far, not sure why it's so hard for some of you to just be honest and acknowledge that.

I don't think LSU is going to win enough for Daniels to win the Heisman. Same might go for Caleb. But the QB of whoever wins the PAC-12 is your likely
the only SEC that has had a dog shyt schedule is UGA( puns)

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
You see why ranking bad sec teams helps these arguments? I havent watched kentucky this year, which is why i legit asked instead of saying they suck. On paper they haven’t done anything impressive whatsoever, so the “theyre a good team” label seemed questionable. Its clear it is in you interest for them to be a good team.

Iowa is 5-1 with multiple double digit wins including 2 big ten opponents too. :unimpressed:

Kentucky entered the game with the SEC’s best rushing defense and ranked fifth nationally at 78 yards per game but I guess that’s irrelevant because YOU deem them to be “unimpressive” :beli:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
So now Kentucky isn’t good? :dwillhuh:

Anything to discredit us huh? SMH
So this is what we’re doing now? Ok cool

So Kentucky was 5-0, ranked 20th in the nation coming in with double digit wins in each of its 5 games including 2 SEC opponents. Currently ranked #23 so a majority of coaches in America think they are among the top 25 teams in the nation but let y’all tell it is mediocre

lol

Kentucky was 7-6 last year, including a loss to 5-7 Vandy and getting shut out 21-0 by 7-5 Iowa in their bowl game. So they definitely weren't good last year.

Did they suddenly get good this year because they're 5-0? Well, let's see, who were those five teams they've played?

Ball State, a 1-5 MAC squad
UAC, a 2-3 FCS team
Akron, a 1-5 MAC squad
Vandy, 2-5
Florida, 4-2

So they got to 5-0 by beating four TRASH squads, and then a Florida team who itself has 3 trash wins plus a win over unproven Tennessee....and who got bytchslapped by Utah when Utah was virtually playing without a quarterback.

This is why I keep pointing out these trash, trash SEC schedules. You try to pretend that Georgia has done something by pretending that Kentucky has done something, but it's all a house of cards.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
lol

Kentucky was 7-6 last year, including a loss to 5-7 Vandy and getting shut out 21-0 by 7-5 Iowa in their bowl game. So they definitely weren't good last year.

Did they suddenly get good this year because they're 5-0? Well, let's see, who were those five teams they've played?

UAC, a 2-3 FCS team
Akron, a 1-5 MAC squad
Vandy, 2-5
Florida, 4-2

So they got to 5-0 by beating four TRASH squads, and then a Florida team who itself has 3 trash wins plus a win over unproven Tennessee....and who got bytchslapped by Utah when Utah was virtually playing without a quarterback.

This is why I keep pointing out these trash, trash SEC schedules. You try to pretend that Georgia has done something by pretending that Kentucky has done something, but it's all a house of cards.

So we’re using last years results as a benchmark for Kentucky this year? And then undervaluing Florida and their win over a ranked Tennessee team because it doesn’t fit your narrative :mjlol:

Like I said earlier I’ll just celebrate being better than everyone in the nation week after week since apparently winning against a ranked opponent means nothing since YOU don’t value that opponent

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
General question and anyone is welcome to answer: Why is Michigan ranked #2? Serious question :lupe:

@smitty22 @Ruck @Illeye buckmatic @MustafaSTL please feel free to chime in brothers :mjgrin:
Me personally since the cfp era I don’t put stock into these ap and coaches rankings anymore. Cfp rankings the only ones that matter now. They do it right in regards to putting their rankings out when they do. These ap and coaches rankings do nothing but give people something to talk about.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier

Uno

Superstar
Daps
Kentucky entered the game with the SEC’s best rushing defense and ranked fifth nationally at 78 yards per game but I guess that’s irrelevant because YOU deem them to be “unimpressive” :beli:
Kentucky does this all the time. Beat bad G5 teams at the beginning, beat Vandy, get ranked for being SEC and lose. They did beat UF so I'll give them some credit.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
the only SEC that has had a dog shyt schedule is UGA( puns)

Kentucky's OOC wins:

UAC, a 2-3 FCS team
Akron, a 1-5 MAC squad

Tennessee's OOC wins:

Virginia, a 1-5 ACC squad
Austin Peay, an FCS team
UTSA, a 2-3 American squad

Florida's OOC wins:

McNeese, an FCS team
Charlotte, a 1-4 American squad

Arkansas's OOC wins:

Western Carolina, an FCS team
Kent State, a 1-5 MAC squad

Texas A&M's OOC wins:

New Mexico, a 2-3 Mountain West squad
UL Monroe, a 2-3 Sun Belt squad

Alabama's OOC wins:

Middle Tennessee, a 1-5 CUSA squad
South Florida, a 3-3 American squad

LSU's OOC wins:

Grambling, an FCS squad

Auburn's OOC wins:

Massachusetts, a 1-6 independent
Cal, a 3-3 Pac-12 squad
Samford, an FCS team

Vandy's OOC wins:

Hawaii, a 2-4 Mountain West squad
Alabama A&M, an FCS team

South Carolina's OOC wins:

Furman, an FCS team

Ole Miss's OOC wins:

Mercer, an FCS team
Tulane, a 4-1 American squad
Georgia Tech, a 3-3 ACC squad

Missouri's OOC wins:

South Dakota, an FCS team
Middle Tennessee, a 1-5 CUSA squad
Kansas State, a 3-2 Big-12 squad
Memphis, a 4-1 American squad

Miss State's OOC wins:

SE Louisiana, an 0-6 FCS team
Arizona, a 3-3 Pac-12 squad
Western Michigan, a 2-4 MAC squad

Georgia's OOC wins:

UT Martin, an FCS team
UAB, a 2-4 American squad

That's your ENTIRE conference's resume right now. Your ENTIRE conference has beaten....wait for it....ONE Big-5 team with a winning record. :russ:

fukk Big-5, let's look at all of FBS. Your entire conference of 14 teams has only beaten TWO other FBS teams with winning records.:laff:

SEC has played over 40 OOC games and yet your five best OOC wins so far are Kansas State, Tulane, Arizona, Georgia Tech, and Memphis. :dead:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
So we’re using last years results as a benchmark for Kentucky this year? And then undervaluing Florida and their win over a ranked Tennessee team because it doesn’t fit your narrative :mjlol:

Like I said earlier I’ll just celebrate being better than everyone in the nation week after week since apparently winning against a ranked opponent means nothing since YOU don’t value that opponent

"ranked Kentucky team" and "ranked Tennessee team" doesn't mean jack shyt cause SEC uses easy-ass schedules to get all their mediocre teams ranked.

If you haven't hardly played anyone, then what benchmark am I supposed to use? Last year is a fine benchmark if you haven't shown anything yet this season. Your entire conference couldn't beat anyone OOC, but I'm just supposed to assume a team is good because it's ranked? Why?

I posted the OOC results in the comment above. Those are the REAL standards by which we can see whether your conference has proven itself to be good or not right now. What do you see there?

No, it's "irrelevant" because those stats are the averages of their performances against Ball State, UAC, Akron, Vandy, and Florida. :mjlol:

Four of those teams are absolute trash. The only team that matters is Florida, and you know how many yards Florida ran for against Utah? 13 yards on 21 carries. Just 13 fukking yards. Hell, Florida only managed 111 yards on 35 carries against Charlotte and Charlotte is in last place in the American Conference.

You see why listing records and stats means nothing if your opponents ain't worth shyt?

Last edited: