The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps

Now I understand why fools like @smitty22 @Ruck @OSUBaneBrowns @MustafaSTL stay doggin UM. It's a cult.

This was at the game yesterday.

Yesterday

While struggling agaisnt Maryland.

they-hate-us-they-aint-us.gif

:skip:

Wasn’t you in a OSU thread yesterday when scUM played Minny. :BrutusMane:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Weekly Computer-nonsense...still loving OSU and OU....

...yet Bama above Texas and both above several undefeated teams :what:

To be clear, FPI is supposed to be a predictive rating, not a reward for past wins. It's trying to rank teams based on who it believes would win a future matchup, not based on what ranking they deserve for the season they've played so far.

I don't know if it's any good, I haven't paid attention to it. But it's important to note that it's not trying to do the same thing the polls are supposed to do.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
You can go round and round breh the outcome is the same. I take into account the entire body of work when judging a team. You want to claim Kentucky is a good team just because they were ranked 20th at the time y'all played them. Then use the fact they beat Florida who also isn't a good team as evidence that Kentucky is. And your evidence that Florida is a good team is that they beat Tennessee who also isn't a good team. Besides the games between Kentucky, Florida, and Tennessee please tell me who either of those teams have beat as evidence they are a good team. Florida is the only one that played another team with a pulse and they got beat despite that team not even having their starting QB. If you take rankings out of your argument, which is the entire point, you have no argument breh

Really not sure why your are even arguing this point in which you are doing a poor job because you are helping make the point. Even the rest of your SEC brethren are largely sitting this debate out which should tell you something.

I made my point clear: Kentucky is a good team and that’s why they were/are ranked. You all have spend most of your Sunday trying to debate me down that’s Kentucky isn’t good because of who they’ve played. News flash: You could say that about almost any team in the top 25

It’s a weird argument because UK has played well (double digit victories in their first 5 games, very good defense and rushing game and was undefeated) yet for y’all that isn’t enough for them to have been ranked or described as a good team. Whatever

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Kinda funny how when LSU loses my notification is getting blown up but that’s either here nor there but I don’t see y’all having that energy with the fans of America’s team

Because you play a bit character on here, you conflate former players and coaches, and you will act obtuse in the face of a good evidenced conversation, nikkas be ready to party on you because you keep acting like lsu gets no respect, and like op said, imagine doing a victory lap narrowly escaping mizzou, you better than that

All we heard all week was “UK is the biggest threat to UGA this season”, “How will the Dawgs stop UK’s running game?” “UGA can’t afford another slow start against UK” blah blah blah blah blah

But it’s no surprise that you, king troll himself, would have a different opinion :mjlol:

I’m praying y’all win out so we can smack fire from y’all again in Atlanta in a couple months :mjgrin:

Come on man, like i get it, but you got this post sounding like a wrestling promo

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
lol

Kentucky was 7-6 last year, including a loss to 5-7 Vandy and getting shut out 21-0 by 7-5 Iowa in their bowl game. So they definitely weren't good last year.

Did they suddenly get good this year because they're 5-0? Well, let's see, who were those five teams they've played?

Ball State, a 1-5 MAC squad
UAC, a 2-3 FCS team
Akron, a 1-5 MAC squad
Vandy, 2-5
Florida, 4-2

So they got to 5-0 by beating four TRASH squads, and then a Florida team who itself has 3 trash wins plus a win over unproven Tennessee....and who got bytchslapped by Utah when Utah was virtually playing without a quarterback.

This is why I keep pointing out these trash, trash SEC schedules. You try to pretend that Georgia has done something by pretending that Kentucky has done something, but it's all a house of cards.

So we’re using last years results as a benchmark for Kentucky this year? And then undervaluing Florida and their win over a ranked Tennessee team because it doesn’t fit your narrative :mjlol:

Like I said earlier I’ll just celebrate being better than everyone in the nation week after week since apparently winning against a ranked opponent means nothing since YOU don’t value that opponent
Yeah…

You can’t bring up last year when it’s convenient if you gonna ignore everything that Georgia has done the past 2 seasons.

Crizzy

U wanted the smoke...u can have it your way
Daps
Reppin
RMFT
Because you play a bit character on here, you conflate former players and coaches, and you will act obtuse in the face of a good evidenced conversation, nikkas be ready to party on you because you keep acting like lsu gets no respect, and like op said, imagine doing a victory lap narrowly escaping mizzou, you better than that

Come on man, like i get it, but you got this post sounding like a wrestling promo
Fr fr buddy be actin goofy AF about LSU...

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Yeah…

You can’t bring up last year when it’s convenient if you gonna ignore everything that Georgia has done the past 2 seasons.

WTF are you talking about? I think Georgia is a very good team, and anyone who beats them would have a very impressive win. Of course their past performance helps inform me on how hard I think they will be to beat, where do you think I ignored that?

Silkk

Daps
That CAC @jwonder still thinks the SEC is better than the Pac 12 this season :russ:

In fact, I believe he called the Pac 12 the worst conference :mjlol:

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans

And this wasn’t even about Mizzou this about y’all not blowing up other people’s mentions like y’all do mines

Gtfoh y’all be on the same shyt all the time, I wouldn’t Even post here for a period of time and yet still get my notification blown up. Just say y’all have y’all picks and chooses like a bunch of high school girls

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL

That was a narrative coming into the week. Im in Atlanta so I hear all of the talk around the program and the talk before the game this wk and UK has been a solid program under Stoops since he took over. Someone, I think @Ed MOTHERfukkING G compared them to current day Nebraska like huh :dwillhuh: do y’all even watch football?

Silkk

Daps
WTF are you talking about? I think Georgia is a very good team, and anyone who beats them would have a very impressive win. Of course their past performance helps inform me on how hard I think they will be to beat, where do you think I ignored that?
You brought up Kentucky being 7-6 or whatever last season. That shouldn’t matter.

If it does then we have to talk about how Georgia is like 36-1 or some shyt the past three seasons with wins over Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Oregon, Michigan, TCU, etc.

If we gonna do that then nobody can open their mouth and say anything about Georgia’s schedule, especially knowing that they had OU scheduled but were forced to cancel because of the SEC.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
I made my point clear: Kentucky is a good team and that’s why they were/are ranked. You all have spend most of your Sunday trying to debate me down that’s Kentucky isn’t good because of who they’ve played. News flash: You could say that about almost any team in the top 25

It’s a weird argument because UK has played well (double digit victories in their first 5 games, very good defense and rushing game and was undefeated) yet for y’all that isn’t enough for them to have been ranked or described as a good team. Whatever

Having the opinion a team is "good" is relative breh. You are basing Kentucky being a good team on stats against opponents I write off because the competition is below average to out right terrible. I was interested to see how Kentucky performed against Georgia and after watching the game it confirmed my opinion of them. But question, do you consider Auburn and South Carolina to also be good teams?

And I also do not think all teams ranked in the top 25 as good teams either. My thought process isn't exclusive to SEC teams.