The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Reppin
Chi
It’s also a fallacy to push a narrative that Bama was overrated when they didn’t make the playoffs because of their resume and that’s what @Rhakim is doing
Hard to say if y'all were overrated... Certain programs will get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to being ranked #5 vs. being ranked #9 for example...

Bama winning 6 titles in a 15 year span and being one of the top 3 most talented teams means they'll likely get this benefit from the media/coaches polls...can't blame bama for that

I guarantee you that Bama wouldn't have lost to UGA by 60 tho.

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
My point in bringing up TCU is to show how got to playoff despite all the SEC bias that you claim is out there

TCU wasn’t one of the best teams last year and neither was Michigan “1 game schedule”
You're just mad that Alabama didn't get into the playoffs last year.

Yeah Bryce was legit, but this year is proving that Bama ain't all that anymore and probably didn't deserve to get in last year since Bryce was carrying that team. The rest of that team was mediocre.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Hard to say if y'all were overrated... Certain programs will get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to being ranked #5 vs. being ranked #9 for example...

Bama winning 6 titles in a 15 year span and being one of the top 3 most talented teams means they'll likely get this benefit from the media/coaches polls...can't blame bama for that

I guarantee you that Bama wouldn't have lost to UGA by 60 tho.
Every resume argument in CFB includes bias and contradictions.

Honestly this is the last year for it because trying to determine the 12th best team in college football will never have passion around it

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Every resume argument in CFB includes bias and contradictions.

Honestly this is the last year for it because trying to determine the 12th best team in college football will never have passion around it
There'll be a year that the 4th or 5th place SEC team gets ranked #12 over a 2 loss K-State or some ish like that...it'll inevitably be 3-4 SEC, 3-4 Big Ten, and then 4-6 for everyone else.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Nah we didn’t deserve to be in the CFP last year and there was never any serious consideration for a 2 loss Bama getting in so it’s not that.

There was plenty of consideration here, including someone in this conversation:

Alabama somehow will get in
It will be deserved
Revise this

Neither OSU or TCU are over Bama
USC losing starts the OSU Bama debate and Bama should win that debate

I would have Bama and OSU over USC even if USC won.
Should be

#1 Michigan
#2 UGA
#3 Ohio St
#4 Alabama
Alabama got robbed

And it wasn't just here.

Even you kept bringing it up, which is not something someone would do if there really was no serious consideration:

giphy.gif
Every man a wildcat.. :pachaha:
If Alabama is ranked 5th tonight

battle-argument.gif
What I wanna know is, how big would the outrage be if Alabama made the CFP?

Would it be, “I’m gonna bytch on TV and social media about how wrong this is” mad?

Or “I’m prepared to sue the CFP” mad?
Also, before I ask this, this ain’t an endorsement for Alabama being in the CFP and you haven’t seen me advocate for Alabama being in the CFP this year and you won’t.

BUT

What if USC loses to Utah and TCU loses to Kansas State in a surprising blowout, what are they gonna do then?

p.s. - there was also a brilliant prediction:

TCU doesn’t have the talent to compete with Michigan
Michigan shouldn’t be rewarded with TCU just to avoid a rematch

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
The SEC schedules are easy to bag on because they've only been playing 8 conference games when they should have been playing 9. And then they double down on that by scheduling FCS teams in OOC play. I mean I can give G5 teams a pass but no FCS teams should be on any P5's schedule.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama

And it wasn't just here.

Even you kept bringing it up, which is not something someone would do if there really was no serious consideration:

Well I’m glad you have enough time on your hands to go back and look at my posts like a fan.

And yeah no shyt I wanted Bama to be in whether we deserved to or not.

Also, no the was THE COMMITTEE did not seriously consider Alabama because TCU lost to K-State and didn’t drop one spot and Ohio State jumped Alabama, so no there was never any serious consideration. You think a committee took my posts as a FAN into consideration?

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Interestingly enough, scUM wouldn't be looking ahead passed Bama in the playoffs, had bama made it, and probably had a team talented enough to beat bama. Funny how shyt works out like that.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
The SEC schedules are easy to bag on because they've only been playing 8 conference games when they should have been playing 9. And then they double down on that by scheduling FCS teams in OOC play. I mean I can give G5 teams a pass but no FCS teams should be on any P5's schedule.

You say you can give G5 teams a pass but what’s the difference between MTSU, Rice, Akron and Mercer, Citadel, and Grambling? Any top team worth a damn is a beating them by 50 anyways.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

And it wasn't just here.

Oh no my predictions were wrong 😞

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
You say you can give G5 teams a pass but what’s the difference between MTSU, Rice, Akron and Mercer, Citadel, and Grambling? Any top team worth a damn is a beating them by 50 anyways.
The difference is a team like Appalachian St or Rice(who beat a P5 team this year) can offer some resistance. There are some decent G5 teams that can be put on the schedule instead of trying to highlight the worst of the bunch. FCS schools offers little chance and are basically a practice/scrimmage. And then the SEC schedules a game against them late in the year :skip:

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps

And it wasn't just here.

:whoo: Breh produced them receipts!

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Well I’m glad you have enough time on your hands to go back and look at my posts like a fan.

And yeah no shyt I wanted Bama to be in whether we deserved to or not.

Also, no the was THE COMMITTEE did not seriously consider Alabama because TCU lost to K-State and didn’t drop one spot and Ohio State jumped Alabama, so no there was never any serious consideration. You think a committee took my posts as a FAN into consideration?

My very first link was the fukking committee chairman saying they were considering Alabama.

"Boo Corrigan says it is 'not necessarily the case' that Ohio State would stay ahead of Alabama this weekend, even though neither team is playing on Saturday," college football reporter Nicole Auerbach said.