The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Reppin
Chi
OSU at ND ...obvious choice for most interesting game of the week. We'll see who's real and who's overhyped.

FSU at Clemson ...interesting game, we'll see if FSU is a legit playoff team after looking like ass last week

Colorado at Oregon ...the hype train going to get a real dose of reality juice here. Oregon not losing at home, but if CU keeps it a 1 score game they legit. I think Oregon blows them out...potentially covering the 20.5 point spread

Oregon State at WSU ...not sure here, will be a very interesting game. WSU took care of bidness at home vs. Wisky, but is wisky just an overrated B1G team? WSU +2.5 at home....Hmmmmmm. Always love a home team getting points, but I'll be real idk anything about OSU.

Ole Miss at Bama ...call me stupid but I think the tide being back home will not only win but likely cover the 7 point spread. Never a believer in anything Ole Miss.

Iowa at PSU ...least interested in this b/c to me this is a game PSU doesn't lose and idk that it'll be close after the mid-point of the second Q. Everyone will be watching ND/OSU or Prime/Oregon. There's just nothing exciting about Iowa ever. I can see this being a boring ass 23-10 type of game where Iowa can't move the ball.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

@Rhakim this shows the AP votes

(idk why some tweets automatically embed and others don't...?)

Goddamn, there are some REALLY bad votes and it doesn't even seem to match team affiliation so far as I can tell. They're just awful voters.

Tennessee's only wins are against Austin Peay and a terrible 0-3 Virginia squad, they just lost by double-digits to a Florida team that looked like dogshyt the first two weeks....and two voters have them in the top-15.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Goddamn, there are some REALLY bad votes and it doesn't even seem to match team affiliation so far as I can tell. They're just awful voters.

Tennessee's only wins are against Austin Peay and a terrible 0-3 Virginia squad, they just lost by double-digits to a Florida team that looked like dogshyt the first two weeks....and two voters have them in the top-15.
Another funny one is the Dayton, OH guy affiliated w/ OSU that has them ranked #7, although that might actually be a solid ranking for what we've seen from OSU thus far. This weekend will determine if they're top 5 or nah

I'm still not buying this PSU hype...they've not beaten both a quality OSU + scUM team in 15 years...I can see some absolute shyt show in the Big Ten where OSU/PSU/UM all beat each other and have 1 loss only...someone will get fukkED.

As of right now I could see PSU winning at home vs. Mich, then losing at OSU, and then Mich beating OSU at home. OSU since they lost last would maybe get the screw job?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
My point in bringing up TCU is to show how got to playoff despite all the SEC bias that you claim is out there

They were 12-1 and with better wins than any other contender, how would they NOT get in? :gucci:

The fact that Alabama was even a consideration despite being 10-2 with no top-20 wins is a fukking joke.

TCU wasn’t one of the best teams last year and neither was Michigan “1 game schedule”

It's impossible to know who the "best" teams are, when so many schools (especially the SEC) are playing joke OOC schedules. That creates zero basis for comparison. Since it's impossible to objectively know who the best team is, all you can do is give it to the most deserving team.

* If Alabama wanted to be the most deserving team, then maybe they shouldn't have scheduled Utah State, UL Monroe, and Austin Peay

* If Alabama wanted to be the most deserving team, then maybe they should have won a single game against a top-20 squad

* If Alabama wanted to be the most deserving team, then maybe they should have won more than 3 road games all year

If 3/4 of your OOC schedule was home cupcakes, you go 3-2 on the road for the season, and you haven't beaten a single meaningful squad, then don't bytch when you finish the season on the outside looking in.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
They were 12-1 and with better wins than any other contender, how would they NOT get in? :gucci:

The fact that Alabama was even a consideration despite being 10-2 with no top-20 wins is a fukking joke.

It's impossible to know who the "best" teams are, when so many schools (especially the SEC) are playing joke OOC schedules. That creates zero basis for comparison. Since it's impossible to objectively know who the best team is, all you can do is give it to the most deserving team.

* If Alabama wanted to be the most deserving team, then maybe they shouldn't have scheduled Utah State, UL Monroe, and Austin Peay

* If Alabama wanted to be the most deserving team, then maybe they should have won a single game against a top-20 squad

* If Alabama wanted to be the most deserving team, then maybe they should have won more than 3 road games all year

If 3/4 of your OOC schedule was home cupcakes, you go 3-2 on the road for the season, and you haven't beaten a single meaningful squad, then don't bytch when you finish the season on the outside looking in.
Or maybe we shouldn’t have played against the LSU and UT of the world on the road

Maybe if we played the Michigan or TCU schedule we would’ve had the resume.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama

Who’s your team?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
TCU wasn’t one of the best teams last year and neither was Michigan “1 game schedule”

Michigan had 6 wins over 8-win teams including beating #3 Ohio State by 45-23 and #7 Penn State by 41-17.

If Michigan was a "1-game schedule", then what the fukk was Alabama? A zero-game schedule? :russ:

You're so fukking illogical whenever Alabama is involved. :pachaha:

Or maybe we shouldn’t have played against the LSU and UT of the world on the road

Maybe if we played the Michigan or TCU schedule we would’ve had the resume.

Ohio State and Penn State were both better than the squads that beat you. :mjlol:

LSU went 8-4 even with the win over you and you're bytching about having to play them on the road. :laff:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Michigan had 6 wins over 8-win teams including beating #3 Ohio State by 45-23 and #7 Penn State by 41-17.

If Michigan was a "1-game schedule", then what the fukk was Alabama? A zero-game schedule? :russ:

You're so fukking illogical whenever Alabama is involved. :mjlol:

Ohio State and Penn State were both better than the squads that beat you. :mjlol:
You’re criticizing Alabama OOC even tho we played At Texas and propping up Michigan’s “1 game schedule”

FOH

The idea that Bama was overrated last year because they lost 2 road games by a combined 7 points is crazy talk

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
While I will say Bama was better than the record indicated, it's complete fallacy to discredit someone b/c their team isn't better than X team (if that's what you're trying to do). If buddy roots for a D3 perennial loser, it doesn't mean that his argument is invalid.

Nah we didn’t deserve to be in the CFP last year and there was never any serious consideration for a 2 loss Bama getting in so it’s not that.

It’s the schedule thing, why is it that we get shytted on for scheduling G5 and FCS teams when nearly everybody else does it? Not to mention we’ve played an OOC P5 opponent every year since 2007 (outside of 2020).

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
While I will say Bama was better than the record indicated, it's complete fallacy to discredit someone b/c their team isn't better than X team (if that's what you're trying to do). If buddy roots for a D3 perennial loser, it doesn't mean that his argument is invalid.
It’s also a fallacy to push a narrative that Bama was overrated when they didn’t make the playoffs because of their resume and that’s what @Rhakim is doing

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
It’s the schedule thing, why is it that we get shytted on for schedule G5 and FCS teams when nearly everybody else does it?

Because you schedule 3 of them every season, always at home, and not even competitive ones at that.

Scheduling 1 decent OOC opponent is meaningless because you only play 8 conference games, so all you're doing is replacing your missing conference game.