The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
No argument there, but people will act like the top of the food chain is duckin heat, uga would roll up 95% of cfb regardless of the sec being overblown
Now, I do think the SEC protects their top teams within conference play (SLIGHTLY) its more advantageous to ensure a playoff birth. Dont @ me on this nyggas. its nothing wrong with that. eventually the best two will play, but its advantageous to not do it in the regular season.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
lol.. SEC just aint as deep as people claim.

Yea this year I’m not really seeing it, especially after the last 2 weekends.

UGA can sleepwalk to the playoffs, but other than that no one looks like a juggernaut like years past.

SEC west so far has looked meh…fsu and TX dominated in those wins. Texas probably should’ve won by 17.

My revised playoff picks after the first 2 games are

Uga (cake schedule)
scUM (can drop a game and get in)
TX (should beat OU again)
FSU (cake schedule)

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
No argument there, but people will act like the top of the food chain is duckin heat, uga would roll up 95% of cfb regardless of the sec being overblown
Ehhh, them breaking in a new QB and bobo at OC on road against a good team would be interesting.. They have lost a bunch last couple years to NFL and we know they have the talent to reload but to basically have a one game season just because of logo and assume no team can beat them why even play any games this year just mail the trophy to Athens.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Ehhh, them breaking in a new QB and bobo at OC on road against a good team would be interesting.. They have lost a bunch last couple years to NFL and we know they have the talent to reload but to basically have a one game season just because of logo and assume no team can beat them why even play any games this year just mail the trophy to Athens.

Only 1 real road game that’s tough @UTenn

They can lose that and still get in too.

Would be wild to have Bama (or lsu) lose another gane, then come into SEC title game to play a 1-loss UGA, then win only to have the SEC not be in the playoffs 😳😳😳

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Now, I do think the SEC protects their top teams within conference play (SLIGHTLY) its more advantageous to ensure a playoff birth. Dont @ me on this nyggas. its nothing wrong with that. eventually the best two will play, but its advantageous to not do it in the regular season.
I think this is where a lot of league leaders are gonna start heading. I'm already hearing rumblings of the Michigan-Texas home and home getting axed by the B1G and SEC. It's supposed to start next year in A2 and I was goin. :unimpressed:

Daps
Reppin
Chi
I think this is where a lot of league leaders are gonna start heading. I'm already hearing rumblings of the Michigan-Texas home and home getting axed by the B1G and SEC. It's supposed to start next year in A2 and I was goin. :unimpressed:

One thing I DO NOT want to see happen is the move away from big time matchups pre-conference season.

Otherwise the first 3-4 weeks of CFB are straight up meaningless, boring games. I don’t even mind skipping my own team’s games bc I gain nothing from watching a blowout win vs a random mid-major.

With 12 team playoffs I don’t think Losing a tough game vs a ranked opponent should hurt as much. BCS days were some true drop and game and your season is done type ish…

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Hope it gets cancelled and you show up anyways. Imagine getting stuck in that whore Ann Arbor. :beutusDamn: .

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

I get that, this me saying 95, probably 85-90% but, at some point their talent would overwhelm most teams they play, and the ones who are close/even, that would mean it may be a rock fight, I’m not declaring uga the nc but I’m not writing them off with a broad take like they duckin, them be the breaks sometimes your conference is rockin sometimes it’s not, and yes the sec gets overblown

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

I agree, hopefully with a better chance of getting in schools won’t duck early on match ups to create buzz and test their team

One thing I DO NOT want to see happen is the move away from big time matchups pre-conference season.

Otherwise the first 3-4 weeks of CFB are straight up meaningless, boring games. I don’t even mind skipping my own team’s games bc I gain nothing from watching a blowout win vs a random mid-major.

With 12 team playoffs I don’t think Losing a tough game vs a ranked opponent should hurt as much. BCS days were some true drop and game and your season is done type ish…

Exactly i want to see some good helmet games

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Yea this year I’m not really seeing it, especially after the last 2 weekends.

UGA can sleepwalk to the playoffs, but other than that no one looks like a juggernaut like years past.

SEC west so far has looked meh…fsu and TX dominated in those wins. Texas probably should’ve won by 17.

My revised playoff picks after the first 2 games are

Uga (cake schedule)
scUM (can drop a game and get in)
TX (should beat OU again)
FSU (cake schedule)
Texas? nah

their win will lose more impact once Alabama gets more losses.