PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
4 years ago Mel Tucker left Colorado in the middle of the night completely embarrassing their University. Colorado hit rock bottom and MSU was on the rise. Crazy how things can flip in an instant of poor and good decision making
Oh boo hoo. You would stick around when this what they offered you? They could’ve matched but they didn’t. Thems the breaks

Michigan State more than doubled his $2.7 million annual pay and provided him with a $6 million staff salary pool, roughly twice what he had in Boulder.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory

:russ: this so unintentionally funny

third-base.gif

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Oh boo hoo. You would stick around when this what they offered you? They could’ve matched but they didn’t. Thems the breaks
Not saying he should’ve stayed - it’s generational wealth obviously - but the way he left embarrassed them? That wasn’t cool. For instance he was at a donor and booster party whilst receiving offers from MSU. Nobody was going to match it, the reason MSU fired him so quick is they really couldn’t pay his salary.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
So Georgia only plays 2 ranked teams in Tenn and Mississippi all season?

I've been saying for years that SEC schedules are absolutely embarrassing. Have an easy in-conference lineup yet still schedule UT Martin, Ball State, and Alabama-Birmingham. Come on now.

USC is currently lined up to play 5 ranked Pac-12 opponents, three of whom might be top-10, and they still scheduled a road game against a top-10 Notre Dame squad. Colorado has SIX ranked Pac-12 teams on their schedule, yet went against TCU and Nebraska back-to-back. Utah has six ranked Pac-12 squads on the schedule, yet started the season playing Florida and Baylor back-to-back.

They really need to institute a rule that you can't play more than one team from a non-Power 5 conference and ban FCS games entirely, so that we can actually compare squads to each other. Let's say Georgia splits their games against ranked teams, how would you even tell whether they deserve a playoff spot or not?

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I've been saying for years that SEC schedules are absolutely embarrassing. Have an easy in-conference lineup yet still schedule UT Martin, Ball State, and Alabama-Birmingham. Come on now.

USC is currently lined up to play 5 ranked Pac-12 opponents, three of whom might be top-10, and they still scheduled a road game against a top-10 Notre Dame squad. Colorado has SIX ranked Pac-12 teams on their schedule, yet went against TCU and Nebraska back-to-back. Utah has six ranked Pac-12 squads on the schedule, yet started the season playing Florida and Baylor back-to-back.

They really need to institute a rule that you can't play more than one team from a non-Power 5 conference and ban FCS games entirely, so that we can actually compare squads to each other. Let's say Georgia splits their games against ranked teams, how would you even tell whether they deserve a playoff spot or not?
Georgia had Oklahoma scheduled though. This isn’t really on them.

If Florida wasn’t trash no one would really be saying anything about the schedule. No one really knows how good Auburn is yet either.

However, I will say the SEC should have had them playing Bama/LSU more often in the regular season, But Georgia still has only played A&M once or twice since 2011.

Silkk

Daps
A lot of the perception of the SEC East right now falls on Florida.

Fla vs Tenn happens saturday and literally no one gives a fukk and expects Tenn to blow them out.

CBS chose to show UGA vs SCAR instead of Tenn vs Fla and this is a year after UGA just killed them 44-0 or whatever it was.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Georgia had Oklahoma scheduled though. This isn’t really on them.

If Florida wasn’t trash no one would really be saying anything about the schedule. No one really knows how good Auburn is yet either.

However, I will say the SEC should have had them playing Bama/LSU more often in the regular season, But Georgia still has only played A&M once or twice since 2011.

All Georgia/Oklahoma would have had to do to "solve" that issue would be to play each other as an OOC series, like Wake Forest and North Carolina did in 19/21. But either the SEC, Georgia, or both didn't want to do that, because it would mean an extra loss on SEC records.

That's the same reason they refuse to play 9 in-conference opponents each year like the Pac-12 does, which would solve the issue of rarely playing teams in the opposite division. But again, the SEC refuses to do that, because it would mean 9 extra in-conference losses and they want those inflated records.

And whether or not Georgia played Oklahoma this year, they still had the UT Martin Skyhawks, UAB Blazers, and Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets as the remainder of their OOC schedule. That's embarassing for a top-level program. Like I said, there should be a rule that you don't play more than one cupcake a year.

And yes, I'm still salty that Georgia cancelled their series with Oregon the moment we started looking like a contender, then finally rescheduled it when we started sucking.

Silkk

Daps
All Georgia/Oklahoma would have had to do to "solve" that issue would be to play each other as an OOC series, like Wake Forest and North Carolina did in 19/21. But either the SEC, Georgia, or both didn't want to do that, because it would mean an extra loss on SEC records.

That's the same reason they refuse to play 9 in-conference opponents each year like the Pac-12 does, which would solve the issue of rarely playing teams in the opposite division. But again, the SEC refuses to do that, because it would mean 9 extra in-conference losses and they want those inflated records.

And whether or not Georgia played Oklahoma this year, they still had the UT Martin Skyhawks, UAB Blazers, and Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets as the remainder of their OOC schedule. That's embarassing for a top-level program. Like I said, there should be a rule that you don't play more than one cupcake a year.

And yes, I'm still salty that Georgia cancelled their series with Oregon the moment we started looking like a contender, then finally rescheduled it when we started sucking.
Say what you will but Georgia isn’t ducking the smoke breh.

They kicked off last season vs Oregon. They’ve done home & home with Notre Dame. They opened with Clemson a few years ago and will do so again next season.

Its not their fault that GT fukking sucks. They can’t do anything about that. Fact remains they usually schedule a tough opener and always have to play GT to close the season.

If they choose to play two games vs roody poo tech then so be it :manny: