• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
@Rigby. wtf happened w/ Bidunga?

KU’s NIL that strong? Is h from an Adidas AAU team or something?

Still a better choice than scUM, but KU always seems to do less with more.
We got $$. The Mass Street NIL collective along with the WEF Fund and Jayhawk Ascend filling up the coffers. I’m going to an event later on today that’s announcing the renovated stadium plans. Think that project is running at about $500 mil as well as the $100 mil upgrade to AFH. They’re spending mad bread on athletics round this joint. Walking around campus, you see it

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Why are y’all still on this ND needs to join a conference stuff? The way the 12 team playoff is setup pretty much guarantees they won’t cause there’s no incentive for them to. The ACC deal just gave them a place to stash their non revenue & Olympic sports. Their new TV deal is expected to net them anywhere from $45 to $60MM. Joining any conference is hustling backwards for them

I may have the figures off but with the big ten deal, aren’t the members getting $70M or more?

If ND’s new deal gets them $60M will they be content knowing Northwestern and Purdue are getting $70M+ To win 4 games?

I do agree that with 12 playoff teams it’ll be almost impossible to squeeze them out, maybe I’m missing something…

But say even with 4 big ten teams, 4 SEC, 3 big 12…that still leaves an open slot…

Daps
Reppin
Chi
We got $$. The Mass Street NIL collective along with the WEF Fund and Jayhawk Ascend filling up the coffers. I’m going to an event later on today that’s announcing the renovated stadium plans. Think that project is running at about $500 mil as well as the $100 mil upgrade to AFH. They’re spending mad bread on athletics round this joint. Walking around campus, you see it

Was Bidunga from an Adidas school by chance?

KU is a top 4 program all time so it’s never surprising that they recruit well.

Kentucky’s success has taken a step back, Duke will recruit but is Scheyer a capable coach? UNC is a mess. KU is the most stable of those 4, and just won a title in 22

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Fixed.

When the ESPN deal runs out, maybe :yeshrug:

I can see the schools who don't get picked up in 2036 by the SEC, B12, or Big Ten keeping the conference alive. :ld:

Breh its not gonna be that long, alot of this stuff is dog and pony theater, the networks are moving to mega conferences, ACC was passive and played cards wrong, when that money start hitting and their is 10s of millions difference, it will be over. In 3-4 years..

if they get into Cali or Texas, it adds more money to the existing ACC TV Contract deal.

It also makes it harder to disband the conference as you'd need even more teams willing to exit in order to nullify the existing TV contract.
I think they stopped evaluating markets like that and see it doesnt work (see rutgers and Ny market), they are looking strictly at eyeballs and how much you draw during your games, teams that draw 4 mil + are teams that network heads are interested in. ACC sat and waited and let all teams get snatched up, you get no more value adding teams off the scrap heap unfortunately.

How is it dead? Refusing to expand is what’s ultimately gonna end (and it’s close to being in life support) it but entertain me.
It was dead when they signed a 20 year deal and gambled wrong. There is no scenario where if you plan to compete on national stage where you can make up a 40 milli difference, EVERY year the gap would get larger. I think many are tryna hold on to old cfb paradigm while plays are happening right in front of them, there was thread couple weeks ago, where I said Pac is done and brehs were still tryna add teams to pac to get a tubi tv deal :mjlol:, many seem to not want to accept the inevitable.

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I may have the figures off but with the big ten deal, aren’t the members getting $70M or more?

If ND’s new deal gets them $60M will they be content knowing Northwestern and Purdue are getting $70M+ To win 4 games?

I do agree that with 12 playoff teams it’ll be almost impossible to squeeze them out, maybe I’m missing something…

But say even with 4 big ten teams, 4 SEC, 3 big 12…that still leaves an open slot…
I think they’re content with being less than 20% of the figure NW and them receive. Plus we all know, ND is getting that total solo. NW and Purdue NEED Michigan, Ohio St and Penn St to make that kinda dough. I may not be around to see it, but I’m telling y’all, once this realignment stuff is over, we’re gonna start having relegation. Especially with a tightening of TV revenue since there’s really only two major players left, these bigger schools responsible for that success are gonna want bigger pieces of the pie.
Was Bidunga from an Adidas school by chance?

KU is a top 4 program all time so it’s never surprising that they recruit well.

Kentucky’s success has taken a step back, Duke will recruit but is Scheyer a capable coach? UNC is a mess. KU is the most stable of those 4, and just won a title in 22
His HS a Nike school. idk about his AAU squad. Self not chasing big names anymore, at least that’s what it feels like to me. One of the reasons o think he don’t recruit the Chicagoland heavy like that but he camping out in the DFW big time now

Daps
Reppin
Chi
I think they’re content with being less than 20% of the figure NW and them receive. Plus we all know, ND is getting that total solo. NW and Purdue NEED Michigan, Ohio St and Penn St to make that kinda dough. I may not be around to see it, but I’m telling y’all, once this realignment stuff is over, we’re gonna start having relegation. Especially with a tightening of TV revenue since there’s really only two major players left, these bigger schools responsible for that success are gonna want bigger pieces of the pie.

His HS a Nike school. idk about his AAU squad. Self not chasing big names anymore, at least that’s what it feels like to me. One of the reasons o think he don’t recruit the Chicagoland heavy like that but he camping out in the DFW big time now

Chicago-proper is one of the most corrupt, backroom deals, political, difficult spots to recruit. The burbs less so, I don’t blame Self for getting tired of all the politics it takes. Cal seems to be in good w/ the right ppl with Chicago, and tbh it’s been a while since the city produced a true can’t miss, top 5-10 player.

KU in a great spot with MO/STL, proximity to TX, proximity to IL/IN

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Breh its not gonna be that long, alot of this stuff is dog and pony theater, the networks are moving to mega conferences, ACC was passive and played cards wrong, when that money start hitting and their is 10s of millions difference, it will be over. In 3-4 years..

I think they stopped evaluating markets like that and see it doesnt work (see rutgers and Ny market), they are looking strictly at eyeballs and how much you draw during your games, teams that draw 4 mil + are teams that network heads are interested in. ACC sat and waited and let all teams get snatched up, you get no more value adding teams off the scrap heap unfortunately.

It was dead when they signed a 20 year deal and gambled wrong. There is no scenario where if you plan to compete on national stage where you can make up a 40 milli difference, EVERY year the gap would get larger. I think many are tryna hold on to old cfb paradigm while plays are happening right in front of them, there was thread couple weeks ago, where I said Pac is done and brehs were still tryna add teams to pac to get a tubi tv deal :mjlol:, many seem to not want to accept the inevitable.
How were they dead when they signed that deal? FSU was just coming off a playoff appearance and a natty. Clemson’s ascension was beginning. Miami looked like they were on the come up with that 2017 season. It just went downhill after that. They let Swofford negotiate that deal walking out the door and fukkin the new guy. ACCN was a terrible idea. The conference was still getting talent and was either no. 2 or not far from it at 3d as far as conferences putting talent in the league via the draft until maybe 2019. All this ACC is dead narrative is media driven. No different than how a couple seasons back the Big 12 was being talked about being dead on TV and podcasts.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Let em fall for the banana in the tailpipe. We’ll continue to send qb’s to New York and the 1st round of the draft.

Fields better show tf out this year bc the division wide open…

Vikings might take a step back. Pack is toast.

Lions wining the north tho

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
How were they dead when they signed that deal? FSU was just coming off a playoff appearance and a natty. Clemson’s ascension was beginning. Miami looked like they were on the come up with that 2017 season. It just went downhill after that. They let Swofford negotiate that deal walking out the door and fukkin the new guy. ACCN was a terrible idea. The conference was still getting talent and was either no. 2 or not far from it at 3d as far as conferences putting talent in the league via the draft until maybe 2019. All this ACC is dead narrative is media driven. No different than how a couple seasons back the Big 12 was being talked about on TV and podcasts.
Oh you think big 12 without Texas and OU is still legit? I guess you just look at it as brand name still being around, I guess.. The schools still have value but like mentioned you cannot make up 10s of millions gap and be competitive, you are basically gonna be competing at the little kids table.. Things will happen in phases and I guess maybe acc name can live on as they back fill with Uconn or something

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Oh you think big 12 without Texas and OU is still legit? I guess you just look at it as brand name still being around, I guess.. The schools still have value but like mentioned you cannot make up 10s of millions gap and be competitive, you are basically gonna be competing at the little kids table.. Things will happen in phases and I guess maybe acc name can live on as they back fill with Uconn or something
bruh, I’m not talking about now. I’m talking 5-7 yrs ago when every time OU was getting beat in the playoff talking heads were speaking on the ease of making the playoffs they had because there wasn’t any real competition, or they don’t play defense, or all they have is gimmicky offenses in the B12. It’s laughable that y’all still equating dollars to being good or bad. We see it in the pros. Yankees and the like have the highest payrolls. Still not making playoffs or getting beat early. We will start seeing it at the collegiate level. Development and Xs and Os still mean something. This ain’t basketball where you can pull a Cal or Pearl and just roll the ball out there cause you got the talent. And even they shyt the bed with the talent they have.

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
if they get into Cali or Texas, it adds more money to the existing ACC TV Contract deal.
Plus SMU so scared of being left behind, they said they wouldn’t want any TV revenue for 3-5 yrs just to get in the conference. Also let’s me know if they do get in, Pony Express gonna be on some next level shyt. Them boys got $$ to burn if they like “nah, keep y’all little tv dollars. We good here.”